Friday, November 2, 2007

Want Another Peek?

I am soooo excited for you guys to see this set!! I love it! It's called Starlight Starbright, and you are going to love it too!!

This set has 17 (yep, I said SEVENTEEN) stamps, and 11 of them are sentiments. This one, though, is my favorite.

I decided to make this a "scrappy" card...in the literal sense. I cut up a bunch of 1" strips of the Crate Paper Cowboy collection and sewed them (a little wonky on purpose!) together. The main panel needed to be pretty simple, so I stamped the oval star background stamp in Apricot Appeal on Papertrey White cardstock, and then stamped "You're a Rockstar" on top.

To add some glam, I doodled around the oval with my Midnight Stardust pen, and did some faux stitching around the white panel. I also went over the sentiment with my Clear Stardust pen to make it shimmer.


I loved these Heidi Swapp Ghost Stars that Julee sent...they're available in the Verve Store now! I swiped the edges onto my White Stazon pad to make them stand out, and then turned it into a button by punching 2 holes in the center with my Crop-a-dile. The sheer polka dot ribbon was the finishing touch. Here's a closer pic so you can see the glam and the Ghost Star.

So the 2 sets that will be released on November 10th are Wonderful Wishes and Starlight Starbright. I promise you will love them both! Come back and visit for more peekies until the 10th, when you'll be able to get 'em for yourselves! You also might catch a little peek on some of the Design Team Members blogs...so make sure you visit!

Hope you have a great day!


Recipe:
Stamps: Starlight Starbright (Verve Visual)
Paper: Stampers Select White (Papertrey Ink), Chocolate Chip (Stampin' Up!), Cowboy Collection (Crate Paper)
Ink: Stazon Cotton White, Palette Hybrid Noir (Stewart Superior), Apricot Appeal (Stampin' Up!)
Accessories: Heidi Swapp Ghost Star, May Arts Ribbon, Sewing Machine & Thread, Crop-a-dile, Stardust Pens, Pop Dots