Wednesday, October 24, 2007

One sheet Winter Wonder

When I first saw the Winder Wonder and Seasonal Circles stamp sets, I knew that I wanted to try a OSW. I'd never attempted a one sheet wonder before so I was scared!

It was so simple! I could kick myself for not having done them before now. These stamps lend themselves so easily to random stamping patterns, and I managed to make 10 simple, quick, yet pretty cards from one 8 1/2 x 11 sheet of stamped paper.

I wanted to keep them simple, so I used no embellishments other than more cardstock and some ribbon. They could easily be stepped up a notch with more matting, some paper piercing, and some metal! I kept thinking of all the possibilities while I was creating.

I decided upon grey, sky blue and pomegranate for my ink and CS colors. I randomly stamped the OSW using only the Winter Wonder stamps and then cut it apart into pieces.

I made my card bases from the same colors and then used the Seasonal Circles stamp set to add highlights and a sentiment to each card. A touch of ribbon was the perfect ending.
I'm so pleased with the outcome and plan on using these stamps to do this over and over again until I have all the holiday cards I need. Just imagine the possibilities!
Stamps: Winter Wonder & Seasonal Circles (Verve Visual)
Paper: Pomegranate, Soft Sky, Basic Grey, Whisper White (SU!)
Ink: Pomegranate, Soft sky, Basic Grey (SU!)
Accessories: Pomegranate and soft sky stitched ribbon (SU!), grey velvet ribbon (SU!), white grosgrain dyed grey with ink (Offray), Scalloped circle punch.