Monday, July 17, 2017

Guest Post with Wanda Cullen

Hi Verve friends! Today we have a special guest blog post from the super talented Wanda Cullen. Didn't you love seeing her fabulous cards for the release last week? In cased you missed them, I've added a photo collage of a few of her projects at the bottom of this post. Now let's hear from her about the card she's sharing with us today...


One of the things I love about Verve products is their versatility in the way they mix and match so well. My card for today uses the new Happiness Is stamp set and the Happiness In A Cup Die Set along with Bloom & Grow and four previously released dies: Jotted Heart, Elegant Leaves, Rounded Scallop Frame and Floral Circles.


I had so much fun creating this little collage as the focal point for my card! For my background, I used the bokeh technique after sponging some inks on paper with blending tools. I made my own ghetto stencil (a lovingly termed name by a fellow stamper!) by cutting six different sized circles out of a 5 1/2" x 6 1/2" piece of acetate. To tone down the vivid colors a bit, I lightly sponged white pigment ink using the stencil and overlapped many of the circles. I ran the heart die through a crimper tool then sponged some white ink around the edges. My tip for getting bold, crisp sentiments with black ink is to use my MISTI and stamp it at least 2 or 3 times.

I want to thank Julee again for the opportunity to guest design along with the divas for the July release!  Happiness is stamping with Verve stamps!  ðŸ’•  ☕️

Happiness IsHappiness in a Cup Die SetBloom & GrowElegant Leaves Die
Happiness IsHappiness in a Cup Die SetBloom & GrowElegant Leaves
Floral Circles Die SetRounded Scallop Frame DieJotted Heart Die
Floral Circles Die SetRounded Scallop Frame DieJotted Heart Die


A beautiful card, don't you think? I definitely need to try out some bokeh backgrounds in the near future. Be sure to check out Wanda's blog for more projects with Verve stamps, and while you're there give her a shout out for being a wonderful inspiration to us this month! Here's a collage of a few of her amazing release projects.  Thanks Wanda!