Friday, November 18, 2016

November Release Retrospective Blog Hop

Welcome to Verve's October Release Retrospective Blog Hop!  Have you had a chance to get your inky fingers on the latest Verve release? It's a beautiful holiday release and the Verve Divas and November Guests are hopping again today with a fresh dose of inspiration using the new stamps! Everything in the shop is on sale 25% off right now, so it's a great time to stock up. Come take a tour of our blogs to see these fun stamps in action.


And be sure to leave a little comment love as you hop about
 for a chance to win today's super sweet prize!




Comment deadline for prize drawing is Monday, November  28.


I've been trying to find a bit more simplicity in life and crafting lately, and I think I'm starting to enjoy the process a bit more without all the frills. Now don't get me wrong, I'll always love a really decked out card, but there's something so sweet about a single phrase with a bunch of white space around it.


For this card, I stamped the jingle all the way sentiment from Jolly Jingles in ranger black ink on a 2.5" x 3.5" panel of white, then colored the bells with Copic markers.  I matted this with basic gray cardstock, then tied a bow around it with white taffeta and added a couple of jingle bells and some silver cord with a hot glue gun.  This piece is layered onto a 4" x 5.25" piece of designer paper, also matted with basic gray.  I finished off with a corner of the same designer paper and a few sparkly little circle embellishments.
    


Okay, now for the hop list... everything kicks off on my blog, Poetic Artistry, with a card that's anything but simple.  {grin}  See ya there!

Want to win some shiny new Verve? We'll be be picking a random comment winner on one of the hop spots below to win a $40 gift voucher to Verve! To be entered in the giveaway, leave a little comment love as you hop around to the blogs linked below!

Release Retrospective Hop List
1. Julee6. Laurie
2. Lee Ann (Guest)7. Charmaine
3. Lynn (Guest)8. Betty
4. Tenia (Guest)9. Maureen
5. Marisa10. Teresa


What's in it?
Stamps:  Jolly Jingles (Verve Stamps)
Paper: Perfectly Plaid Winter (Lawn Fawn), basic gray (SU!), white (Neenah)
Ink: Black dye ink (Ranger), Copic markers
Accessories: jingle bells (Michaels), silver cord, taffeta ribbon (SU!), irock embellishments

24 comments:

  1. Oh, I love your card. The bells are so cute and I like how you added the little corner piece of the plaid paper. Love your pretty bow with the blue jingle bells.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cute with the jingle bells and I like the addition of the corner piece of dp.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love, love ,love your card! I would have never thought to use gray and blue for Christmas...I love it and will be using these colors for my own card!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very classy looking card - love the little bells:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your clean, simple card. Very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So very pretty! I love this set (had to order it, of course!)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! This is "simply" delightful! Just love the plaid!

    ReplyDelete
  8. wow! what a beautiful card :) i sure do love the use of blue in christmas cards
    cheers
    preety

    ReplyDelete
  9. This card is everything in my book. Great work!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love your plaid background and the pretty jingle bells stamp you used!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fantastic hop.
    So many great cards.
    Love your card with the plaid.
    Adding a touch of plaid in the
    corner of the white was a fun
    touch.
    thanks for sharing and for
    having the hop.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wonderful CAS card! Love how the patterned paper comes up over that bottom corner!

    ReplyDelete
  13. PLAID! I am doing a happy dance. Gorgeous card!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I think plaid is a Christmas thing :) Love your beautiful card with this plaid and jingle bell!

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is so pretty! Love the bells on here too!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Such an absolutely festive and wonderful card! My heart just swoons over that blue plaid paper ❤️ I like how you added it to the bottom corner too!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Don't get me wrong, I love red plaid, but this is different and oh so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh wow!!! I love the blue plaid paper!!! Beautiful card!!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. The corner paper is lovely addition - I will have to lift that idea! Nice job!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Love your CAS holiday card! I have this Lawn Fawn paper and your design and Verve stamp are a perfect combo with it!! Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  21. I bought this set and love CAS, so this new design is right up my alley! Love this set...easy to use and great for tags!

    ReplyDelete