Hopping along with our talented crew of Divas this month are three very special guests. You can read a bit more about them below, then scroll down for all the blog hop deets and full product reveals.
Greyt Papercrafts has been on my reading list for as long as I can remember. I love her style which is at times crisp and clean and at times a bit of mixed media funk. Her coloring and use of color is always spot on and I'm always finding myself inspired after a trip to her blog. I'm thrilled to have her as a guest for this release. Below is a little bit more about her and a little Q&A session about her stamping style.
Hi! Originally from Chicago, I now live in St Louis Missouri with my rescued greyhound, Bella. I am a school nurse by day and a paper crafter fanatic by night. When I am not crafting, you can find me reading, hiking, or decorating my house as I am also an avid DIY-er. The great outdoors is my favorite place to be and I travel to as many national parks that I can. Verve was one of the very first stamp companies that I discovered as a newbie stamper and I am thrilled to have been asked by Julee to guest design this month. Thank you, Julee!
1. How/when did you get hooked on stamping? Scrapbooking was my first papercraft love, starting some 20+ years ago. Yikes! I am aging myself! I got hooked on stamping about 6 years ago when I was asked to participate in a card drive for Operation Write Home. I had been to Stampin' Up events prior to that, but the 'hook' never fully set til the OWH event. Then I discovered Splitcoaststampers and that was it!
2. How often do you stamp? I usually do some stamping nightly, unless the mojo dries up, then I take a few days off.
3. What style(s) are you most drawn to creating? What I am drawn to and what I can do are two different things! I love CAS style but it does not come easily to me! I lean towards clean, yet elegant cards. In the end, I will try just about any style!
4. What do you love most about paper crafting? Paper crafting is my form of relaxation as I am sure it is for a lot of you. Nothing like coloring after a stressful day of work!
5. What technique or product is currently making your paper crafting heart go pitter patter? Currently, I love coloring! Mixed media has also got my attention, especially when water coloring is involved.
Lynn Mangan of The Mango Boys and Me is a master at clean and simple stamping. A long time customer, I'm always awed and inspired by her simply elegant creations, wishing I had a bit more of that CAS mojo inside of me. I'm so excited to have her as a guest this month. Below is a little bit more about her and a little Q&A session about her stamping style.
A big huge thanks to Julee for having me a guest designer for this release! I don’t think I’ve stopped smiling since I received her email. I’ve been a Verve fan for a really long time and this is a huge honor! A little about me… I’m married to my high school sweetheart, Pat. We’ll celebrate our 25th anniversary this coming August! Time certainly flies! I’m mom to four gorgeous boys: Ryan, Jonathon, Collin and Marcel. They keep us hopping with their activities and I’m often running from event to event. I also work full time and am extra blessed to have almost all of our family living close by in Cincinnati, Ohio.
2. How often do you stamp? I work full time and most often stamp on the weekends…early in the morning before the rest of the house is awake. I love having an hour or two to myself to craft away.
3. What style(s) are you most drawn to creating? Definitely a clean and simple designer when it comes to card making. Love white space on my cards and always look for inspiration from CAS designers.
4. What do you love most about paper crafting? That it is relaxing. It is a hobby that can take my mind off just about everything. And the best part is the end result is something that I can give to others by sending my cards. Most of the time I make cards with someone in mind.
5. What technique or product is currently making your paper crafting heart go pitter patter? Well obviously, I love these gorgeous new stamps by Verve…the fonts are always amazing and I love the sentiments. I am a sentiment girl for sure. I am also loving the trend with Zig Markers and water coloring. It took me a little while to get comfortable with water coloring, but I love that it lets me color outside the lines…so to speak!
Hello all my name is Tenia Nelson and I am a 35 year old jazz pianist, music teacher and paper crafter that lives in Denver, Colorado. I am married to a great guy named Tim, I am momma to my awesome son Thelonious (Theo) and I have two wonderful doggie "kids" Miles and Brillo. When I am not playing everywhere in town, teaching wild and crazy kids, or making cards, I play soccer with the hubby and just hang out with my friends!
1. How/when did you get hooked on stamping? It all started with a Stampin' Up! party......and now look.....lol!!
2. How often do you stamp? I try to stamp every other day.....it is stress relief !
3. What style(s) are you most drawn to creating? I love all styles but I like the CAS approach the best.....it suits my crazy busy lifestyle!
4. What do you love most about paper crafting? Creating and making AWESOME friends in the process!!
5. What technique or product is currently making your paper crafting heart go pitter patter?
Ummm......I love to dabble in LOTS of techniques I love watercoloring with my Spectrum Aqua markers......my FAVE....and of course my washi tape.....lol!!
|1. Julee||7. Charmaine|
|2. Lee Ann (Guest)||8. Betty|
|3. Lynn (Guest)||9. Maureen|
|4. Tenia (Guest)||10. Teresa|
|5. Marisa||11. Christyne|
Comment deadline for prize drawing is Sunday, November 6.
Jolly Jingles is a set of 14 clear photo polymer stamps that will retail for $18. It includes some fun elf stockings, a reindeer, decorative trees, a snowman and some fun sentiments in varying sizes that will have you humming Christmas jingles while you craft.
Winter Friends Die Set is the coordinating die set for Jolly Jingles. This set includes dies to cut the stockings, snowman, reindeer and larger snowflake in this set. This set of 5 steel dies will retail for $17.
Okay, if you're still with me, the hop starts over on my blog, Poetic Artistry! Come say hello.