This release spans the Fallidays... Halloween, Thanksgiving and Christmas with three beautiful sets and coordinating dies to make your fall crafting sessions a bunch of fun! And it's all 25% off, including previously released fall and winter favorites!
We'll be spotlighting each of the three new sets with its own hop next week, but today is designer's choice, so you're sure to see a little bit of everything! Plus there's a comment prize of the ENTIRE release up for grabs, so be sure to give a little shout out to the Divas and Guests as you hop about.
Joining us as a Guest Diva this release is Lisa Blastick. She's a regular challenge participant and I just love her layering and intricate die cut usage. There is so much depth and detail in her beautiful cards. Lisa blogs at Beyond Beauty. Below is a little bit more about her and a little Q&A about her stamping style.
Hello, I am a huge card maker and scrapbooker. I started my first scrapbook page in the beginning of May 2006, then a few years later started card making and love making them. I have been very fortunate to be published in a few magazines as well as online scrapbooking websites. I was so excited to have been asked by Julee to be part of the Verve October release! LOVE all the stamps, die cuts and sketches at Mojo Monday and Viva La Verve. I currently design for Cheery Lynn Designs and have past designed for Heartfelt Creations and Donna Salazar Designs. I have been married for over 28 years and I'm mother of four adult children! I have two girls (27,24), twin sons (26), and one Italian Greyhound. I have been an RN for the past 20 years in the operating room. I really like my job but I much rather be crafting full time.
1. How/when did you get hooked on stamping? I started stamping a bit when I was scrapbooking, but it wasn't until I started making card that stamping became pretty regular
2. How often do you stamp? I stamp often, because I make lots of cards.
3. What style(s) are you most drawn to creating? I love several styles, however layering seems to be my favorite.
4. What do you love most about paper crafting? To create something for someone that is very personal, unique and one of a kind. It is also my relaxing place.
5. What technique or product is currently making your paper crafting heart go pitter patter? Love new stamps and die cuts!!
Hi, I'm married to my highschool "sweetheart" for many, many years and have two daughters. Moved to the Sunny South 25 years ago!! Scrapbooked for years and then my sis got me hooked on cards!! Absolutely Addicted and Seriously Easily Enabled!!
1. How/when did you get hooked on stamping? One New Year’s Day found me and my sister at 6:30am in pj’s, drinking coffee of course, while she was introducing me to Stampin’ Up. Needless to say I was hooked and many dollars later my husband worries the bonus room will fall in to the garage?! Then I bought something on eBay and the seller introduced me to Splitcoast Stampers- a whole new card-making world opened up. I found Verve while searching for a specific sentiment for a baby card- "a baby is a bit of stardust blown from the mouth of God" from the retired Practically Perfect set).
2. How often do you stamp? Well that depends- lately it has only been on the weekends as spring and summer are busy times for me. In the winter I try to add a few week nights even if it is just for a little bit.
3. What style(s) are you most drawn to creating? I would have to say that I am more a clean/layered stamper although, I have found myself doing a bit of clean and simple (CAS) off and on lately. Once in a while I distress and a bow (twine or seam binding) always makes me smile!
4. What do you love most about paper crafting? There are so many things to love- playing with ink and stamps makes me happy not to mention all the friends I have made along the way. Don’t forget the embellishments, water-coloring, stencils, modeling paste, glitter…. Need I say more?
5. What technique or product is currently making your paper crafting heart go pitter patter? Lately I have been in love with water coloring and stencils/modeling paste. Although, I don’t use these a lot, I love the look.
Want to win some shiny new Verve? Today's prize is a BIG one. We'll be picking a random commenter on one of the hop spots below to win our ENTIRE new release! So be sure to leave a little comment on all the blogs below to increase your chances! Check out the Verve Blog today for the full hop list and all the prize info and deadlines!
Comment deadline for prize drawing is Thursday, October 6.
Okay, if you're still with me, the hop starts over on my blog, Poetic Artistry! Come say hello.. here's a sneaky peek of what I'm sharing!