Wednesday, June 17, 2015

June 2015 New Release Spotlight Hops Day 3


Welcome to Day THREE of Verve's June 2015 Spotlight Hops!  Wasn't yesterday's hop pretty glamorous?  I ALWAYS get new ideas when I hop around! If you missed it, you can click these links for our Day 1 and Day 2 hops.  Commenting on all of our spotlight hops is open until June 21. There's a chance to win new products each day, so be sure to hop around and leave a little love for the oh-so-talented Divas and special guests this week!  Everything we preview this week will be available in the Verve online store on Friday, 6/19. So come hop along with us and see what's new at Verve!




For my project today, I made a couple little post-it note holders with the help of my trusty envelope punch board.  I was inspired by a tutorial by Deb Valder, but my post-its were the standard 3" square, so I adjusted the measurement and came up with this...

Post-it Holder Instructions:
Starting dimensions: 3.25" x 7.25"
Score at 3.75" and 4"
Use envelope punch board to punch at 0" and 2" on the 3.75" end (this will be your back panel)
Keep the same side up, but spin cardstock 180 degrees and punch at 0" and 2"
Use a paper trimmer to cut off the excess to create the file folder look on both ends
Round the two right angle corners with the reverse punch on the envelope punch board
Decorate

To add the backsplash on the back tab, I used a 3.25" x 1.75" strip of designer paper and used the same 0" and 2" punches with the punchboard, then glued it down.  But, to save time and the extra step, you could certainly glue it down before doing any punching.


To close the folder, I placed my post it pad in the folder, then wrapped ribbon around it and secured in front with sticky strip and Zip Dry glue.  I then covered with embellishments using stamps from the Floral Notes set and the coordinating Floral Notes Die Set.  For the kraft folder, I simply wrapped a little ribbon from the Polka Dot Basics Collection around the folder and tied it in a bow to secure.




Note: I used thin post-it notes that come in a pack of 5 from the $1 store.  They fit great in the 1/4" channel, but if you have the thicker notes, you'd need to adjust the width of the channel and the length of the starting piece.




Want to win some shiny new Verve? We'll be picking a random commenter on one of the Day 3 Hop spots to win today's featured products!   Our prize drawing will be open until 8pm Mountain on Sunday, June 21.  Just leave a comment on the blogs linked below and you'll be entered to win!
Floral NotesFloral Notes Die Set

The hop starts over on my blog, Poetic Artistry.  



Today's spotlight is shining on the Floral Notes illustrated by Chaitali Narla and the coordinating Floral Notes Die Set.



Floral Notes is a 4" x 8" set of  10 clear stamps and will retail for $18.  

This set includes a small and large poppy image, along with a solo version of the lilies image from the Framed Lilies set.  We've paired these lovely floral stamps with seven all occasion sentiments for a truly versatile set. Coordinating dies for the three flower images in this set are available in the Floral Notes Die Set (sold separately).



Floral Notes Die Set is a set of 3 open style dies and will retail for $19. 

The dies in our Floral Notes Die Set are open style in the center, so you can just lay them on top of  your stamped image for easy alignment. When cut, they leave a 1/16" border all around the coordinating image.

That's all for today!  We'll see you back here tomorrow for another day of hopping! 

26 comments:

  1. Oh this is lovely and thanks for the post it holder instructions they are awesome. What a great all rounder for sentiments..............Got to have this one <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this new stamp set! What an amazing and creative post it holder!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful stamp set and dies. Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. looking forward to seeing more of the Floral Notes sentiments

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the larger lilies that I can use with the Verve lilies I already have. {score} Love the two sizes of poppies. Love that they have coordinating dies. The sentiments are perfect. In case you couldn't tell I LOVE this set. lol.
    Your post it notes are ADORABLE. Thanks for sharing them AND the tutorial. I will be trying these real soon.
    Crafty hugs,
    Dawn
    DesignsByDragonfly.blogspot

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a beautiful stamp set Chaitali designed! Love the florals and versatile sentiments! And the post it holder is gorgeous!!! A fun project!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous stamp set - love the font. Your post-it holders are lovely. Years ago, I made post-it holders, but no stamping involved. Papers & embellishments only. It's a nice little gift for anyone.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh I so love the sentiments in this set. Love the elegant font. Perfect for the sweet flowers!

    ReplyDelete
  9. These are super cute and I love the sentiments in the Floral notes set.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Awesome set! Love the Floral notes ♥

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love these releases. Your post it holders are so pretty. Great idea.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love these post it note covers! so cute! I have tons laying around but you made them look so much nicer on a desk top!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow these post it note covers are awesome, love them.

    ReplyDelete
  14. beautiful stamp set.. love your post it holder.. very beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a gorgeous new set!!! Love those nifty Post-It holders, too!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love these floral notes stamps! I just finished the hop and now I'm totally inspired! Just need these stamps! Really hoping I win them! I would love to try Verve stamps for the first time!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thanks for the idea for the cute notepad holders!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love this post-it note holder idea--thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Another awesome hop! Can't wait to see what tomorrow brings!

    ReplyDelete
  20. What a beautiful project! I love the font on the sentiment. Thank you for the tutorial. Can't wait to try it for myself!

    ReplyDelete
  21. What a wonderful gift idea and your project is beautiful! I'm definitely going to try to make a few of these.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Oh my, I already love this new set and the matching dies. These post it holders are so pretty. Thanks for the tutorial too - I will be making some of these - they're perfect little gifts.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Gorgeous! I love the flowers and the dies!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Those post-it holders are just too much fun! I can't believe that's done with the punch board... and lucky me I just bought one. LOL Thank you for the inspiration for these, and the coloring on those flowers are wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Those post-it holders are just too much fun! I can't believe that's done with the punch board... and lucky me I just bought one. LOL Thank you for the inspiration for these, and the coloring on those flowers are wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  26. These floral notes stamps are very pretty and I like the idea for a post it note holder. x

    ReplyDelete