Friday, June 5, 2015

Eat Me Drink Me Diva Inspiration Challenge and Coffee Lovers Blog Hop

Hi friends!  It's the 5th of the month and that means our Diva Inspirations team is putting on a hop to reveal this month's inspiration challenge.  It's a two-fer today, since our hop theme chosen back in January serendipitously coincides with the Summer Coffee Lover's Blog Hop we're sponsoring!


There are over 30 Super Sponsors for the Summer Coffee Lovers Hop and anyone is eligible for a Super Sponsor prize if they link up a newly (June 5 or later) created Summer Themed Coffee, Tea &/or Cocoa project.  Our sponsored prize is a $30 gift voucher to Verve along with the brand new, can't even buy it yet, Get Together set (one of 5 sets we'll be releasing 6/19). 

Okay, along with the Coffee Lover's hop, our team is hosting their usual monthly challenge hop and this month's challenge goes hand in hand with the Summer Coffee Lover's Blog Hop, so feel free to link up to both (if your card is coffee, tea or cocoa themed)!  Verve Stamps are NOT required, but we do love to see 'em?  {wink}

There are two ways to win Verve prizes on today's Diva Inspirations hop... check out and comment on the design team's blog posts to see their take on the inspiration, then go get inky and link up your take on the challenge to be eligible in our prize drawings!  Be sure to scroll down for all the challenge deets and the master hop list!


Our June challenge is: Eat Me. Drink Me.
 Eat Me, Drink Me
Are you fueled by coffee, tea or cocoa? Find cupcakes irresistible? Create a card featuring an edible treat or favored beverage!  Use the inspiration graphic as a starting point, or head off in your own direction - just leave us needing a fix of your favorite indulgence!
Click here to link up your challenge entries ~

Challenge deadline: Saturday, June 20
Prize:  $30 gift voucher to the Verve online store


Here's my take on the challenge, a 6" square mixed-media canvas using the Psalm 34:8 plain jane and the Better With You set (which just arrived back in stock!).



I made this one quite a while in advance, but have been saving it to post for this challenge.  (If you're in the Coffee Lover's group on Facebook, you might have seen me post a cell phone pic back when I created it.)  You can see I went pretty literal with the inspiration photo.... greens, browns, blues and mugs!  It was so much fun to make, throwing a bunch of things together in a collage style.  I started by covering my canvas randomly with bits of designer paper, then adding distress inks, gesso, gelatos.  I used a few stencils and modeling paste, as well as bits of washi, some rub-ons and a white gel pen for accenting.  I love the way it turned out and have been enjoying it on my desk as I create for the last couple months.

Alrighty, let's get on with the hop!  Check out the blogs listed below and leave a little shout out in the comments section at each stop for a chance to win our comment prize of a $30 gift voucher to the Verve store!  Comment deadline is Friday, June 12.


The hop starts over on my blog, Poetic Artistry(and I might just be sharing a peek at that new Get Together set!)

1. Julee8. Marisa
2. Amy9. Chaitali
3. Anya10. Stacey
4. Betty11. Amber
5. Sankari12. Karen
6. Sarah13. Jen
7. Maureen

107 comments:

  1. What an amazing canvas, Julee! And thanks for the sneak peek at the new set!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sooooo pretty, Julee!! Such a perfect verse for the coffee theme!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous Julee! You can turn your hand to any style with ease! hugs!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This canvas is fabulous! So nicely done!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a STUNNING canvas Julee...it's absolutely gorgeous!
    Thank you so much for being a Super Sponsor♡

    ReplyDelete
  6. Julee that's gorgeous! Wow you have such an eye for mixed media!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This canvas is absolutely STUNNING!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your beautiful blend of colors and textures! GREAT project!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Loving that inspiration, I just received my latest Verve order in the mail and now it looks like there's some new release to go on the wishlist! Thank you for sponsoring the hop!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh wow! That is amazing! Great work!

    ReplyDelete
  11. WOW!What a pretty mixed media canvas. Just stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is stunning second time round all over again :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is really a gorgeous canvas design!! It's the perfect colors and images for coffee! :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow your canvas is gorgeous! Love the color palate! Thanks for sharing! ~Annie

    ReplyDelete
  15. wow this is amazing.. totally love it

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is gorgeous! I love the colors and that sentiment!

    ReplyDelete
  17. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  18. This is absolutely gorgeous! Love the stacked tea cups, the window, the dimensions and the colors! Just beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  19. So beautiful!!! I love these colors. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  20. Gorgeous canvas, Julee, love the colors and the depth you created...fabulous piece! Thanks Verve for sponsoring this wonderful event.

    ReplyDelete
  21. I adore mixed media, Julee, and your canvas covers a LOT, gf! It's gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Cute project! Love the fun stamp set!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Wow. I love everything about this.

    ReplyDelete
  24. LOVE the texture and colors in your project! Thanks for sponsoring the Coffee Lovers Hop, too!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Beautiful canvas! How fun is this theme?! Thanks for being a hop super sponsor!

    ReplyDelete
  26. What a beautiful canvas! I don't think I own a single food or beverage stamp and if I do it's not from Verve. I know Verve isn't required to play but I love to show off my Verve! Thanks for the fun challenge and inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  27. ABSOLUTELY gorgeous! Such a beautiful canvas! XX

    ReplyDelete
  28. Wow what a stunning canvas art! Love the verse :)

    ReplyDelete
  29. Gorgeous canvas!!! Great color combo:)

    ReplyDelete
  30. This is awesome. I love it. It would look great hanging in the kitchen or diningroom. Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  31. Oh my goodness, this is absolutely gorgeous! Love the colors! Thanks for being a great sponsor!!!

    ReplyDelete
  32. Gorgeous! I love all that beautiful GREEN!

    ReplyDelete
  33. Oh my golly goodness, this is fabulous! Thanks so much for sponsoring.

    ReplyDelete
  34. This is distressed at its best, Julee! Love your stack of cups. Thank you so much for being a sponsor!

    ReplyDelete
  35. Great job, love all, beautiful !!!

    ReplyDelete
  36. Gorgeous canvas! I love the bible verse also. :)

    ReplyDelete
  37. Beautiful mixed media canvas with a vintage feeling, lovely stack of cups with superb layering!

    ReplyDelete
  38. LOVE this stamps set!!! Your project is gorgeous!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  39. This is amazing. So much depth and detail, and love the greens! Gorgeous canvas. Perfect sentiment! Bev

    ReplyDelete
  40. I love mixed media! This is so inspirational; love it! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  41. Stunning canvas! I like it a lot! :-D

    ReplyDelete
  42. Your artwork has a little bit of everything. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  43. That's gorgeous! Beautiful canvas! Thank you for being a Super Sponsor!

    ReplyDelete
  44. what a great mixed media creation, super fun!

    ReplyDelete
  45. Wow, I love all the texture in your canvas and the artsy stacked cups!

    ReplyDelete
  46. I'm always afraid of mixed media - but you did an amazing job!!!

    ReplyDelete
  47. Great canvas!! LOVE the coffee cups!!

    ReplyDelete
  48. Huge fan of mixed media...wish I was better at it! The canvas is stunning!!

    ReplyDelete
  49. Love all the textures.
    ♥ Monica
    Would love for you to join my blog celebration for a chance to win some blog candy.
    Taylormadecards4u – My personal Blog!

    ReplyDelete
  50. Wowzas! This is an absolutely stunning piece of art and I'm sure anyone would be proud to have this displayed! GORGEOUS.

    ReplyDelete
  51. wooowww wooowww wooowww I love this creativity
    stunning with all texxture
    I wish I can do something like this
    STUNNING MADE

    ReplyDelete
  52. Such a fabulous project! Love all the layering!

    ReplyDelete
  53. Nice mixed media canvas...LOVE the sentiment!

    ReplyDelete
  54. so pretty! LUV the verse inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  55. Great mixed media project x

    ReplyDelete
  56. Julee, what a fabulous project. Love all the texture and colors. Such a work of art.

    ReplyDelete
  57. OMG, Julie -- this is such an amazing work of art!!! You are so incredibly talented! Thanks so much for being a sponsor!

    ReplyDelete
  58. Wow!! Beautiful. I would love this hanging in my kitchen.

    ReplyDelete
  59. Wow!! Beautiful. I would love this hanging in my kitchen.

    ReplyDelete
  60. WOW!! Stunning & Beautiful! Awesome JOB!!
    Have a wonderful day,
    Migdalia
    Crafting With Creative M

    ReplyDelete
  61. This is just FABulous!!! I would love to have that on my desk at work. I'm not very good at mixed media so I really appreciate it when I see what others do so beautifully! Thanks for sponsoring this hop!

    ReplyDelete
  62. I would hang this in my kitchen in a heartbeat! It's fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  63. Oh my, your canvas is just stunning! Who wouldn't love it?!

    ReplyDelete
  64. OOOHHhh this is really awesome love it. Thanks for being a sponsor of this amazing bloghop.

    ReplyDelete
  65. What a great piece! Love the texture and I love that verse!

    ReplyDelete
  66. Another AWESOME blog hop from the Divas! Fantastic projects from everyone and love that little sneak peek!!

    ReplyDelete
  67. Amazing canvas Julee. Love the textures, the brownish hues... the sentiment is perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  68. Beautiful canvas. Love the verse.

    ReplyDelete
  69. This canvas is fantastic! love the colors and the lay-out - really stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  70. This is such a great hop. I really love your take on this theme. Great wording and wonderful layout.

    ReplyDelete
  71. Gorgeous canvas! Thank you for being a sponsor ♥

    ReplyDelete
  72. Thanks so much for another wonderful hop. Of course you already know I'm a huge Verve fan.
    Thanks for being one of the generous sponsors.
    Your canvas is gorgeous. Thanks for sharing.
    Crafty hugs,
    Dawn
    DesignsByDragonfly.blogspot

    ReplyDelete
  73. OH man do I love this! I love the distressed look! I would totally hang something like this in my home!

    ReplyDelete
  74. What a gorgeous piece! Love the colors!
    Thanks for being a sponsor for the hop-I love Verve :-)

    ReplyDelete
  75. Fabulous card! thanks for sponsoring!

    ReplyDelete
  76. Wow Julee, your canvas is a real work of art. Thank you for sponsoring the blog hop.

    ReplyDelete
  77. What a stunning book! Thanks for sponsoring this fun hop & offering wonderful inspiration! I really enjoyed using my Verve stamps on my project too. Best, CG

    ReplyDelete
  78. Your canvas is fabulous! So many beautiful elements!

    ReplyDelete
  79. Beautiful canvas and I love this challenge! I'm off to get inky with my Verves!

    ReplyDelete
  80. Awesome mixed media project! ☺ x

    ReplyDelete
  81. This is so pretty! I love the stacked cups!

    ReplyDelete
  82. Stunning canvas great colours!

    ReplyDelete
  83. Great texture and combinación of colors!! Thanks for sharing your spectacular canvas!!!

    ReplyDelete
  84. Love your canvas. The stack of cups is so cute. Yummy colours. Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  85. Great new stamps and fun hop! Thanks for the chance to win!

    ReplyDelete