Monday, June 16, 2014

June 2014 Diva Dare ~ Day 7

Hey Verve fans...it's Andrea here with you today bringing a little somethin' somethin' to get your Father's Day creative juices flowing! 


A Man's World - June Diva Dare

Soo...welcome to June's Diva Dare!  As the weather heats up, dads and grads and outdoor fun are foremost in our minds, so our June Dare is entitled A Man's World.    


This month we're daring you to create a stamped card or project with a masculine theme.  It doesn't have to be a Father's Day card, just something masculine. However, if you need to get one done, we're here to help wink, wink. If just reading the theme gives you a creative block, take a deep breath and think clean lines, few embellishments, rugged or distressed edges and muted or earthy colors. Replace bling with wood or metal embellishments, and replace ribbon with twine, rope or twill and you'll be surprised how quickly a masculine card will come together! And I have to say with my love of feminine, frilly, over-the-top girly cards...if I can do this...so can you! Take a lookie...


Ok, ok...I admit there is some semblence of flowers, though, I tried to tone them down a bit with Shine Bright sequins and liquid pearls. Uh, re-reading that sentence didn't really help with my cause at all, haha... Well anyway, I stamped the sentiment from Verve's latest release, Wonderful Marvelous on a piece of cork and added the 'Dad' stamp on a Flag It die cut, also from Verve. I adhered some striped washi tape behind the sentiment and added the wood accents (they're really snowflakes...I kid you not ;). I scored the outer perimeter with my Martha Stewart scoring board and added a bit of cork accent at the bottom, highlighed with more liquid pearls (at least they're black, lol).




Two ways to win prizes for double the fun!

Win a $40 gift voucher to Verve! Take our A Man's World dare and link up your card to be eligible to win.  Entries must be masculine in theme, posted 6/6 or later, include at least one Verve product and be linked up to the linky widget by 8pm Mountain on 6/25/14.  One participant will be randomly selected to win the gift voucher.  You can enter as many times as you like, but each card needs to be in a separate post.

Win a Verve set of your choice! For another chance to win some new Verve, leave a little comment love on our design team's A Man's World Diva Dare posts!  One lucky commenter will win a Verve stamp set of his or her choice, so be sure to tune in each day!  Comment deadline to be entered in our prize drawing is June 25, 2014.


Winners will be announced on June 26, 2014.


- Go forth and get inky! We DARE you! -

28 comments:

Amy C. said...

This card is great! I love the cork. That's the next product I would like to work with.

Kathy Grigas said...

Love this card Andrea. I think the cork and wood pieces really gives it a masculine look.

Sharon said...

Great design using the cork!

Kari V. said...

Nicely done! I love this sentiment paired with dad. And the cork is fantastic!

Moosisk said...

Fantastic card for a guy! Love all the textures. Thanks for the inspiration. :D

Sue D said...

Wonderful--I like the use of cork, wood and washi tape.

Heather said...

Fabulous "man" card! Though the wood pieces do slightly resemble flowers, I don't think any guy would mind. : ) And the pearls actually add to the masculine feel. It must be the color. Great job!

D- said...

I LOVE how your man card turned out. Great ideas for embellies. Thanks for sharing.
Crafty hugs,
D~
DesignsByDragonfly.blogspot

Miriam Prantner said...

Love the cork piece, wonderful mix of textures!

cghundley said...

What a great looking
card, love the cork
and washi tape on it.
Carla from Utah

Anita in France said...

Love the natural elements in this card, Andrea ... and all the lovely texture! Anita :)

JoAnn said...

Love your card with the cork. Great accents too.

Julie S. said...

Great card! I really like that sentiment, it's exactly what I would say to my dad if he were still with us.

Darlene Gabriel said...

Great masculine card. I love the cork and the "snowflakes" which looks like stars to me;)

Sue Crease said...

Great card, love the use of the cork. Not tried stamping on it before. Nice layout and love the wooden flowers.
Sue

Beverly Perdue said...

Andrea, your masculine card is awesome! Just love the wooden accent pieces and the cork.

Kris B said...

Great masculine card! love the stamping on cork, I have embellished with cork before, but have never stamped on it, thanks for the inspiration! Think of the wooden pieces as gears, not flowers!

Christine said...

Love your card with its fabulous sentiment and special touches. The scored edge and use of cork add so much. Love the scallops an the bottom and the gunmetal tone of the perfect pearls.

Mrs. GraceWorks said...

I really like the scoring around the edge. It gives a finished look with a more masculine feel!

Kelly Flaherty said...

You're right - I can't believe they are snowflakes. Actually the way they are used, I think they look like gears - which is great for a "manly" card. Wonderful job~!

Mary-Anne V said...

Great use of different textures with the smooth washi, cork and wood veneer.

Gavi Slutzkin said...

Love how u did the bottom of the card! Very simple elegant design!

Connie said...

Great masculine card...love the use of cork!

marylouh said...

I liked the wood pieces. They don't have the frilly look of punched or stamped flowers and look great on this card.
The card is fairly plain and simple but any man would be happy to get it. Great card.

cm said...

Oh my - what a handsome card you've created, infused totally with 'masculine' images and colours. Flowers? Not in this context...I see the wood embellishments as just striking special touches. Guy perfect!!
~c

Donna Oates said...

Love the use of cork on your card. It's a great masculine touch. What snowflakes? I don't see a bit of sparkle! I have the same problem, too when making something - leaving a little glam off! LOL

dj said...

wowsers...this is great...love the cork element!!

zehra said...

Awesome card, love the cork look