Monday, June 23, 2014

June 2014 Diva Dare - Day 11

Hey everyone! Chaitali here with day 11 of this month's Diva Dare! This month it's all about the men!

 This month we're daring you to create a stamped card or project with a masculine theme. 

Here is my card!

The men in my life (my husband, my dad) appreciate bright and cheery cards so even with masculine cards, I try and keep the overall look of the card light and bright.
For this one I found this excellent pin on Pinterest and CASEd the layout but added my own touch. For the 4 small panels on the card front I use Jennifer McGuire's emboss-and-ink technique.
The sentiment is from Verve Wonderful Marvelous set but I constructed it by selectively inking parts of 2 different stamps in the set. On my blog today, I have a tutorial for 2 different techniques to selectively ink a stamp.



Two ways to win prizes for double the fun!

Win a $40 gift voucher to Verve! Take our A Man's World dare and link up your card to be eligible to win.  Entries must be masculine in theme, posted 6/6 or later, include at least one Verve product and be linked up to the linky widget by 8pm Mountain on 6/25/14.  One participant will be randomly selected to win the gift voucher.  You can enter as many times as you like, but each card needs to be in a separate post.

Win a Verve set of your choice! For another chance to win some new Verve, leave a little comment love on our design team's A Man's World Diva Dare posts!  One lucky commenter will win a Verve stamp set of his or her choice, so be sure to tune in each day!  Comment deadline to be entered in our prize drawing is June 25, 2014.

30 comments:

  1. Love the mosaic look of your card.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This tiled creation is a perfect technique for a masculine card...what a great idea...storing that in my mind for future masculine cards!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the "tile" look on the front. Your color combination is perfect for the masculine theme.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the tile background. Great idea for a man. Good idea about the stamp too.
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a fun clean and simple layout!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love how your men like bright cards...great selective stamping.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great card, I really like the tiled look and colors.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very nice masculine card. I love the design and the great sentiment.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is show stopping AWESOME! I am so impressed with the layout/dimension here Chaitali~

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the tiled look and great sentiment!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great card. I like the embossed panels.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love the neutral colors and then you get the pop of the blue.
    Beautiful card.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love your card! The colors and stamps that you used are perfect. Thanks for the inspiration. :D

    ReplyDelete
  14. I really love the sentiment!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I LOVE how you built your embossed frame. Your card is wonderful. Thanks for sharing.
    Crafty hugs,
    D~
    DesignsByDragonfly.blogspot

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a great masculine card. I love the sketch you've used here.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love the bright and graphic look of the turquoise blue against the white! It does look like tile! Well done card!

    ReplyDelete
  18. How very cool, Chaitali ... the turquoise inked embossed tiles look fabulous against the crisp black! Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Thanks everyone for your lovely comments! Glad you all liked the tiled look and the colors!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Chaitali, your mosiac, masculine-inspired, light and bright card is pure delight! Your stamping tips are so appreciated, as is your tutorial on your blog. Once again, ingenious inspiration!
    ~c

    ReplyDelete
  21. This card is
    very pretty,
    great background
    design.
    Carla from Utah

    ReplyDelete
  22. This is fantastic!! I love the look of the embossed panels!!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Very elegant design...nice card!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Beautiful card, love the blue

    ReplyDelete
  25. Thanks for sharing your masculine card. I love how you used the emboss and ink. Your layout is great too!

    ReplyDelete
  26. What a fun layout! I would never be able to get everything spaced so perfectly! So perfect for a guy.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Great card! The sentiment is so versatile too.

    ReplyDelete