Wednesday, February 19, 2014

February 2014 Diva Dare - Day 8

"Perk Up" - February Diva Dare

Welcome to February's Diva Dare!  It's Charmaine, and I'm exciting to bring you my take today!  This month's Dare is entitled "Perk Up."    

What we're daring you to do this month is make a card or project to perk someone up, whether it’s with a warm beverage or just a heartfelt sentiment to brighten someone’s day.  No shortage of options as Verve has some wonderful coffee and tea sets as well as a plethora of uplifting/heartfelt sentiments.


I decided to use an old favorite set of mine called Delightful & Delicious.  The papers are from the Fabulous Collection from Simple Stories.  I stamped the "coffee & friends" piece and cut it out.  I cut various hearts using the Jotted Heart Die and the Heart Quartet Die.  I added a border of hearts using the Scalloped Trim Trio.

To embellish a little, I added some ribbon from the Summer Sailing Ribbon Collection.  Finally I added some "pearls" using a pearl pen.   Thanks for stopping by today!  I hope you choose to accept the dare!  ;)


Deadline to link your cards is 8PM Mountain on Wednesday, February 26th.  Entries must be posted 2/7 or later, include at least one Verve product, a warm beverage or heartfelt sentiment, and be linked up to the linky widget by 8pm Mountain on 2/26/14.


During this month's Diva Dare, there are 2 prizes up for grabs!

Win a $40 Gift voucher to Verve Stamps! Take our "Perk Up" Dare and link up your card (created February 7th or later) to the linky widget below to be eligible to win.  One participant will be randomly selected to win the gift voucher.  You can enter as many times as you like, but each card needs to be in a separate post.

Win a set of your choice! For another chance to win some new Verve, leave a little comment love on our design team's "Perk Up" Diva Dare posts!  One lucky commenter will win a Verve stamp set of his or her choice, so be sure to tune in each day!  Comment deadline to be entered in our prize drawing is February 26, 2014.

Winners will be announced on February 27, 2014.

36 comments:

  1. Such a pretty card! I love this combination of colors and patterns!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fun colours and patterns on this card.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, this is pretty! I LOVE the combination of dp patterns and colors, and that bright yellow bow is FUN! I have that dp, but haven't used it much. I'm getting it back out right now! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the colors on this card! So springy and fun!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful card! Love the citrus colors! Very cheerful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a pretty card; definitely raises the spirits! Love the sentiment!
    c

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful card! Love the fresh color combo!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great color combo and a great pick-me-up for my dull winter morning! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I LOVE your bright color combo. It goes wonderfully with the great sentiment and card design.
    Thanks for sharing.
    Crafty hugs,
    D~
    DesignsByDragonfly.blogspot

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such a pretty card full of Spring colours. Thinking about Spring definitely "perks" me up;) Sweet little hearts and a beautiful sunny bow. The pearls are perfect (I should check into getting a pearl pen)

    ReplyDelete
  11. So pretty! I always love little heart die cuts!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Perfect cheery colors to go with that warm sentiment for a friend. Love how you used the pearl pen. Wow!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful card! I love your colors.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I really like the colors and layout of this card! Makes me think of spring.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Very pretty card. The only problem I see is that I don't drink coffee so I can't share that with my friends. I'll have a Pepsi while they drink their coffee. :-) Still a great card.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Such a great card!! Love all the bright happy colors and how you were able to mix all those patterns together. It's something I have a really, really hard time with. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  17. The hearts and pretty colors are definitely a pick-me-up for anyone's blue mood. Lovely card!
    <3 J

    jwoolbright at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  18. The card layout is delightful and I love the colors.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Gorgeous colour palette ... so happy and summery!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Great card! I love your choice of colors and embellies. Thanks for the inspiration. :D

    ReplyDelete
  21. Love that image and it looks wonderful with the chosen combination of bright colors!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Beautiful card! Such pretty colors and patterns!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Lovely card. Love all the hearts! This card would definitely perk someone up!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Beautiful card
    and I love
    the touches of
    pink on it. Great
    saying.
    Carla from Utah

    ReplyDelete
  25. Beautiful card. Love the colors and design.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Beautiful card. Love the colors and design.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Such a pretty card, so feminine .
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  28. I just love this sweet color combination!

    ReplyDelete
  29. sweetness...I love your bright spring colors!! Great minds think alike...I used this same stamp set for my perk up card!!

    ReplyDelete
  30. Very pretty card. I like the mix of colours and patterns

    ReplyDelete
  31. LOVE, LOVE your hearts & bows Charmaine!

    ReplyDelete
  32. So pretty - love the colors.
    isoscia at aol dot com

    ReplyDelete