Wednesday, January 8, 2014

January 2014 Diva Dare - Day 4

"Smitten", January Diva Dare

Hi Verve fans!  It's Charmaine and I get to share my "smitten" Diva Dare project with you today! 

What we're daring you to do this month is to make a card or project with a heart, whether it's for the one you love, a sweet Valentine or a lunch note for a child.  Let's get smitten! 
I just LOVE creating things for Valentine's Day.  Hearts make me happy. . .and so do the colors associated with Valentine's Day.  For my card, I used the Yours Truly Collection from Pebbles because my card also plays along with the current (all new!!) Viva la Verve Challenge and these colors worked for the color portion of the challenge.  :)

I used the Heart's Desire set from Verve for the "be mine" sentiment as well as the heart arrows.  I also used the I Heart U Die set for the letters and heart trailing down the left side of the card and the Jotted Heart Die for the big heart behind the "U".  "Be Mine" is stamped on a piece that was die cut using the Flag It Die Set.  The arrows are covered in Ruby Slipper Glitz Stickles for some fun sparkle.  So, now it's YOUR turn to get smitten!!



Deadline to link your cards is 8PM Mountain on Wednesday, January 22nd.  Entries must be posted 1/3 or later, include at least one Verve product, include a heart, and be linked up to the linky widget by 8pm Mountain on 1/22/14.  




During this month's Diva Dare, there are 2 prizes up for grabs!

Win a $40 Gift voucher to Verve Stamps! Take our "Smitten" Dare and link up your card (created January 3rd or later) to the linky widget to be eligible to win.  One participant will be randomly selected to win the gift voucher.  You can enter as many times as you like, but each card needs to be in a separate post.

Win a set of your choice! For another chance to win some new Verve, leave a little comment love on our design team's "Smitten" Diva Dare posts!  One lucky commenter will win a Verve stamp set of his or her choice, so be sure to tune in each day!  Comment deadline to be entered in our prize drawing is January 22, 2014.

Winners will be announced on January 23, 2014. 

- Go forth and get inky! We DARE you! -

29 comments:

  1. Cute, cute, cute! I like how you stacked the letters, and the little arrows are adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Simply adorable; a card to be cherished! The letters, arrows and paper choices...swoon!
    c

    ReplyDelete
  3. Adorable!! Love the letters and little arrows!! Fabulous take on the sketch!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so adorable. Love the take on the sketch.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for sharing your wonderful card. I love the I {heart} you and sweet design paper.
    Crafty hugs,
    D~
    DesignsByDragonfly.blogspot

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a sweet and pretty card and a wonderful take on the sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh what a wonderful collection of hearts and papers here. Such a pretty card. I do like the way you placed the "I Heart U" dies.

    ReplyDelete
  8. A cute collection of hearts that are sure to please any recipient, but little girls really come to mind for me with the bright colors! Love the card!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very pretty...love how you stacked the letters and the layering too.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Super cute card! Love your attention to details. :D

    ReplyDelete
  11. Cute card - love the hearts background paper and all the added elements.
    isoscia at aol dot com

    ReplyDelete
  12. sweetness...I love the little xoxox on paper...darling arrows!!can there be such a thing?? on this card...YES!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Such a wonderful card! Love your take on the sketch! Those arrows are too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Very cute! I agree, there is something so happy about the hearts and colors of Valentine's Day.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love the sentiment down the side such a clever idea!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love the card.

    craftymom205 at yahoo dot com

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love the layering and I <3 U message. So sweet and fun.
    <3 J

    jwoolbright at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  18. I had to smile when I saw this card. I love the way the sentiment is put on. The background paper is so pretty. Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Beautiful card! Love the I heart u stamp set.

    ReplyDelete
  20. What a fabulous interpretation of the sketch! I love the glittery arrows and big die cut layers!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Oooooo . .. this is sooo cute!! I've always loved those dies and I love how you used them. And that heart paper is fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Wonderful smitten card! Great take on the sketch! I would love to play along, but I don't own any Verve products...yet! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  23. I love this card and so happy I purchased these dies especially after looking at this card. It's so cute! Now I just have to make time to create something.

    ReplyDelete
  24. This is adorable! So happy and cheerful!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Really sweet and a great take on the sketch.

    ReplyDelete