Tuesday, October 15, 2013

October Diva Dare Day 3

Tag, You're It, October Diva Dare

What we're daring you to do this month is to create a gift tag, use a tag on a card, or be inspired by a tag!  

Jen here! I hope you are having a wonderful October! I'm back with Day 3 of the Diva Dare and it's one that's right up my alley - use a tag!!

For my card I started with the Diva Dare Challenge and combined it with the one of the Hope You Can Cling To Challenges from Splitcoaststampers. One of my favorite color combinations of all time is pink and kraft so this card went together in a snap. I used Echo Parks Bundle of Joy - Girl paper pad for all the pink patterned papers. Then I went to stamping the poppies from Poppy Birthday using layers of pink ink, Memento Angel Pink and Rose Bud. I stamped the little leaves in Bamboo Leaves and colored them with Copics. I die cut the flowers and the leaves using the Build a Poppy Die Set. Then sentiment is stamped in Memento Rich Cocoa on cuts from the Banner Bundle Die Set.The background tag was cut using the Sweet Scalloped Die. I added a few Doodlebug Sprinkles to finish off, distressed my edges with Vintage Photo Distress Ink and added a little twine thread bow. :)



Now for the Dare Details...


Deadline to link your cards is 8PM Mountain on Saturday, November 2nd.  Entries must be new (posted 10/11 or later),include at least one Verve product, include a tag, and be linked up to the linky widget by 8pm Mountain on 11/02/13. 




During this month's Diva Dare, there are 2 prizes up for grabs!


Win a $40 Gift voucher to Verve Stamps! Take our "Tag, You're It" Dare and link up your card (created October 11th or later) to the linky widget below to be eligible to win.  One participant will be randomly selected to win the gift voucher.  You can enter as many times as you like, but each card needs to be in a separate post. 

Win a set of your choice! For another chance to win some new Verve, leave a little comment love on our design team's "Tag, You're It" Diva Dare posts!  One lucky commenter will win a Verve stamp set of his or her choice, so be sure to tune in each day!  Comment deadline to be entered in our prize drawing is November 2, 2013.



Winners will be announced on November 3, 2013.

- Go forth and get inky! We DARE you! -

34 comments:

  1. Very nice. Love the kraft and pink

    ReplyDelete
  2. So pretty. Love the pink and kraft color combo. Your tag is adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful! Love the pink and craft and the distressing. Wonderful layers and dimension! TFS

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very pretty--I like the pink and kraft color together.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a sweet card! I like the color combo and the distressing and your poppies!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is very sweet! I love that new poppies and think the tag backing the whole thing is quite clever!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is so PRETTY!!! Love the kraft and the pink together :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful! Love the pink & kraft combo and all the fabulous dots!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your card is beautiful. Love your pretty colors and the embossing.
    Crafty hugs,
    D~
    designsbydragonfly.blogspot

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the embossed Kraft. I can't ever remember emboss that before. Must give this a try. Love the pink and tag.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh wow, this is gorgeous. I love the kraft and pink together. The poppies done in pink look so pretty and those candy dots are wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  12. ooooohhhh!! love love love the pink and brown color combo! and that little hint of green...sweet!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love the pink with the kraft too. Very lovely card!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Quite lovely! Fabulous color combo and beautiful details!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Such a pretty card...love the kraft with the pink and the distressed edges on the flag.

    ReplyDelete
  16. So pretty, just loving those new poppies!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Very pretty! Great combination with the pink and the kraft.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love this card!! The embossed background is perfect to pair with Poppy Birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Pink, kraft, poppies, a tag: perfect loveliness!!
    c

    ReplyDelete
  20. Great card! The kraft and pink elements are so pretty together!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Love the pink poppies and your use of distressing!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Gorgeous card! Love the colors. Thanks for the inspiration. :D

    ReplyDelete
  23. This is so pretty! This is a really great color combo and I love your layout.

    ReplyDelete
  24. One of my favourite colour combinations - caught my eye on blog lovin' and just had to check it out. So pretty and feminine

    ReplyDelete
  25. Cute...cute...cute!! Love the colors, layout, and little details. This set is definitely on my list and love your creative take on the challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Those poppies are growing on me! I'm more a traditionalist but these tags are so cute! I'm having a crafting crisis! Love your card!

    ReplyDelete
  27. I like every single thing about this card! Beautiful colors and design!

    ReplyDelete
  28. What a fun and so girly card! I LOVE it!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Just darling, love the pop of pink to brighten it up!

    ReplyDelete
  30. I love everything about this card - the pink chevron background, the embossed kraft card stock, the layering and all the pink.
    isoscia at aol dot com

    ReplyDelete
  31. Love the pink and craft color combo and the distressing!

    ReplyDelete