Friday, September 27, 2013

Spotlight Hop Day 5 - RELEASE DAY!

Hi Verve fans!  It's finally time to release new Verve into the world!  Hooray!  This has been the longest span we've ever had  between releases, and I'm so happy it's finally here!  The stamps I designed were originally meant for our 6th Anni-VERVE-sary in August, but life happens, and we're now having a bit of a belated birthday celebration!


We've had a giveaway every day this week, and today's no different!  Just hop around to the blog posts below where our Divas are sharing their first looks at Rain or Shine and leave a little comment love at each stop and you'll be entered in a drawing to win today's featured stamps!  Woohoo!

For today's card I stamped the small umbrella from Rain or Shine onto soft sky then added stripes and polka dots with a white gel pen.  Did the same on real red cardstock and then pieced onto the middle umbrella.  The butterflies are made by stamping one of the raindrops four times to form a butterfly shape, then I accented with a white gel pen and some tiny black rhinestones.  I've accented my sentiment panel with a smoky slate border using the Award Banner Trim Die and finished with a bit of liquid pearls.

Okay, on with the hopping!  I'm the first stop on the hop with another card using this set!
 
Day 5 PRIZE
Rain or Shine, Autumn Elements Ribbon Collection
Comment Deadline:  Sunday, September 29 @ 5PM Mountain

1. Julee7. Amber
2. Teresa8. Laurie W.
3. Charmaine9. Christyne
4. Stacey {Guest}10. Marisa
5. Andrea11. Janelle
6. Jen12. Laurie S.

I'm a sunshine girl, but I also love the rain.  Nothing makes the grass greener and the world seem brighter than a little sunshine after the rain.  My twins LOVE books, and pretty much adore any book you can sing.  A couple of their favorite books are the adorably illustrated You Are My Sunshine and Rain, Rain Go Away.  I must read/sing these both at least 10 times a day to the boys, so it seemed the perfect inspiration for a set!




Thanks so much for hanging out with us this week! Here our links to our entire release, which is ON SALE and available in the store right now!
Each DayGeared UpBirthday BotsPoppy Birthday
Each DayGeared UpBirthday BotsPoppy Birthday
Rain or ShinePsalm 94:18 Plain JaneAward Banner TrimBuild a Poppy Die Set
Rain or Shine Psalm 94:18Award Banner TrimBuild a Poppy Die Set
Pastel Sequin MixMetal MixAutumn Elements Seam Binding Collection
Pastel Sequin MixMetal MixAutumn Elements Collection
September 2013 Stamp Collection
Stamp Collection
September 2013 Accessories Pack
Accessories Pack

41 comments:

D- said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Lynn said...

A fabulous release as always! I love this sweet, cheery card!

D- said...

I love your card and the creative way you used this set and die. TFS. This has been such a fun release hop week. The release is a wonderful one.
Crafty hugs,
D~
designsbydragonfly.blogspot

MackieMade Paper Creations said...

What a sweet card! I love how you made those little butterflies!

cm said...

Each day's peek of a new release has been fabulous, but seeing them all together: AWESOME! Your rain or shine card is gorgeous; love the umbrellas. Thank you for sharing your creativity with us!
c

Mrs. GraceWorks said...

Raindrop butterflies! You are amazing! What a wonderful card!

cbaker said...

Beautiful card! Love all the peeks from the release this week. The Verve released are always full of wonderful things.

Gregsgirl's crafty corner said...

really enjoyed the hop it was so good to see a release from you again to yay!!

Wanda Cullen said...

Love the white gel doodling you added...this is such a fun set! So glad we can go shopping this morning already! :-)

Marisa said...

Love the red against the aqua and how you made the butterflies!!

irishgalkelly said...

What a beautiful friendship card! I love the pop of red highlighted on the soft blue. This is an awesome release!

Emily H said...

It is has been an awesome week. I am excited for today's hop.

Mary-Anne V said...

Very nice release..love the umbrellas with the gel pen detail.

Stacey Schafer said...

gorgeous card, Julee! LOVE this amazing release!

Darlene Gabriel said...

Beautiful card. I love these umbrellas and the pops of red. What a creative way to make these cute little butterflies. This Soft Sky and Gray is a beautiful combo.

Jennifer Shults said...

This is fantastic Julee!! I love the colors and the wonderful embossing. What embossing folder is that? I just adore it!! ;)

Miriam Prantner said...

Another great hop! This set has me singing!

Elizabeth Sarkisyan said...

Such a cute card!! I love the colors and the embossed background along with the new images. Beautiful new release and accessories!!

Annheidel said...

Love those adorable umbrellas and the pretty colors of your card.

Carol said...

Super cute card! TFS!

Shaughn Woodruff said...

Fabulous card! Super great release! I can't wait to get my crafty little hands on them! Thanks so much for sharing!

Sue W said...

What a fabulous Hop......Great range of stamps and dies......I need a few I think :)

lori said...

What an adorable card! Must have that stamp!

Nancy said...

The new release is always full of wonderful things!! Great card too!

Heidi said...

wow a sweet little release. I have to giggle as I see those cute little robots- does Julie have little boys or what.

Suzie said...

Love your card love this stamp set love all the new release sets

Iris said...

Beautiful card. Love the butterflies.
isoscia@aol.com

JoAnn said...

I love the colors and design of your card, and the textured background.

Rebecca Ednie said...

Those umbrellas are super cute!

Sue D said...

Great colors and I like the umbrellas and the butterflies.

Cindi Flass said...

Beautiful card! I love these umbrellas. So many uses!

loulou said...

Love the Rain or Shine set. Such beautiful sentiments. I was amazed at the range of styles the DT created with this set.

Papercrafting Princess said...

How sweet. Love the new items!

Dolly said...

Love, Love, Love all the new items! The diversity of the DT is awesome! All the talent is phenomenal! Thanks for the inspiration. Blessings!

Moosisk said...

Another fabulous blog hop. Your design team ROCKS! :D

Jill Norwood said...

An incredible release! :)

Emily said...

Oooh, a verve hop! I haven't participated in these in quite a while. I'm looking forward to some great ideas!

Beverly Perdue said...

Love the sentiment and everything about this card. The award banner die is so awesome!

Sandra Miller said...

Wonderfully cute card! I love this set! So adorable!

Sandra Miller said...

Hopped to each and every card maker's artwork. Incredible visions of loveliness. LOVE this set!

Kari V. said...

Oh, I LOVE this rain or shine set!!