Sunday, September 15, 2013

September Diva Dare ~ Day 3 *yes, I'm going backwards!*

Hey there! In case you're confused, don't be! I didn't get my post up on Day 3 so I'm here to get it done today:)

This month, we have a super fun dare! We're being inspired by TIC TAC TOE!

Your dare, should you choose to accept it, is to create a card or project using inspiration from a tic-tac-toe board. For example: x’s and o’s, hugs & kisses, squares, circles, grids, you get the idea


I wanted to go pretty literal with the tic-tac-toe theme. I stamped one of the scripty backgrounds from Text Objects and stamped the gray cardstock, in gray ink. Then I sewed the grid on the gray cardstock. 


I die cut some felt hearts using the Jotted Heart die, then sewed the two blue hearts to the card front. I stamped "Love You" from Stronger Love. After stamping the sentiment, I speckled the heart randomly using matching colored Copics.


A couple coordinating buttons and a twine bow and that's it!
----------------------------------
Here's some info on how you can play along...
Deadline to link your cards is 8PM Mountain on Wednesday, September 25th.  Entries must be new (posted 9/6 or later), include at least one Verve product, include inspiration from a tic-tac-toe board, and be linked up to the linky widget by 8pm Mountain on 9/25/13.

During this month's Diva Dare, there are 2 prizes up for grabs!

Win a $40 Gift voucher to Verve Stamps! Take our "Tic-Tac-Toe" Dare and link up your card (created September 6th or later) to the linky widget below to be eligible to win.  One participant will be randomly selected to win the gift voucher.  You can enter as many times as you like, but each card needs to be in a separate post.

Win a set of your choice! For another chance to win some new Verve, leave a little comment love on our design team's "Tic-Tac-Toe" Diva Dare posts!  One lucky commenter will win a Verve stamp set of his or her choice, so be sure to tune in each day!  Comment deadline to be entered in our prize drawing is September 25, 2013.

You can link up your take on the dare here.


Winners will be announced on September 26, 2013.

31 comments:

  1. Gorgeous colors! I love the softness of the felt on here!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a simple, yet completely stunning card! The 'line' of hearts is such a clever take on this 'dare.' Fabulous!
    c

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful card, Amber! Love the felt and how you used the hearts...perfect for this months challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The colors you've used are some of my favorite. And I really like the layout of the hearts in a row.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this card.....love the hearts, the colours, the buttons. Wonderful way to tackle the challengs.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm so glad you shared it now. Your card is wonderful. LOVE your pretty hearts. TFS.
    Crafty hugs
    D~
    designsbydragonfly.blogspot

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a pretty card. I love the colors and the stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This looks fabulous!!!
    - April W

    ReplyDelete
  9. Simply adorable! Love the colors and the stitching! Great take on the challenge, I've not been able to think of anything yet!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a sweet card! I love the felt hearts. They add some great texture to your card. Thanks for the inspiration. :D

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fabulous card. Love the hearts.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love your tic-tac-toe, three in a row card! Fun!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Cute card! Love the stitching and the background detail.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love the felt flowers and the addition of the buttons is perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  15. darling!!Those buttons are sweet!!

    Your little "out of order" was just what I needed to wake me up this Monday morning...I was like...wait!?!...aren't we past day three?? but I don't remember missing day three earlier so I must have half asleep then too!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Such a sweet card and such pretty colors!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love the uncluttered look of your card. Pretty colors. Felt never looked so good! Thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love your simple card with such pretty colors!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Beautiful card, great design. I really love this colour combination.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Love how you created your sewn grid and used felt flowers to add some texture.

    ReplyDelete
  21. I definitely {heart} this card! Love the turquoise and blue and how you subtly repeated these colors around the sentiment. Your card is so very clever...love the stitched grid and the winning three-in-a-row.

    Also so glad to have found post #3...I was scared I'd missed something!

    ReplyDelete
  22. I'd been wondering where day 3 was! This card is so adorable!! Love the simple layout and the stitching. And the color combo is awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Lovely card--I like the stitching and the felt hearts.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Wow!! Love how you did the stitching of the hearts and used the 3 hearts down the center with sentiment in the center. It's beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Love the felt and stitching, nice touch

    ReplyDelete
  26. Super cute with beautiful colors!!!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Oooh! I love this! The felt is such a nice texture for this card!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Fabulous card and the hearts Vertical are brilliant!

    ReplyDelete
  29. I love the felt hearts, they are simply adorable! This card is a treasure. Love it!

    ReplyDelete