Monday, July 15, 2013

July Diva Dare-Day 2

Tattered Pages, July Diva Dare

Happy Monday Verve fans, it is Teresa and we have kicked off this month's Diva Dare and it is called "Tattered Pages"...luv that title!

Julee (Poetic Artistry) and myself (Paperie Blooms)are the spotlight divas this month! Julee has created countless, uplifting sentiments which have become one of Verve's trademarks, and if you follow my blog you know I luv distressing and "shabbiness" on my cards.  So what we're daring you to create this month is a card using an uplifting sentiment and some distressing and/or shabby element to it.  Kind of like an encouraging card you have received which you have read so many times the edges are a bit tattered.  Just remember to use at least one Verve product on your creation!  



First off, I started with today's Mojo Monday sketch; head over to the Mojo Monday Blog and play along with us! I went all out on the shabby/distressing element of my card, totally luv this look! I layered, tore, scrunched, and curled my card to the perfect shabby look. I luv that Julee creates scripture stamps and what is more uplifting than scripture? I reached for the Plain Jane Psalm 37:4, I stamped it and then cut it out using the Classy Label Die by Verve. I added a Wavy Heart Die by Verve to the left corner. The positive scripture and all the shabby goodness complete the dare for me this month! I look forward to how you answer this month's Tattered Pages Verve Diva Dare! 








 


Deadline to link your cards is 8PM Mountain on Wednesday, July 31st.  Entries must be new (posted 7/12 or later), include at least one Verve product, an uplifting sentiment, and some distressing or shabbiness and be linked up to the linky widget by 8pm Mountain on 7/31/13.




During this month's Diva Dare, there are 2 prizes up for grabs!

Win a $40 Gift voucher to Verve Stamps! Take our Tattered Pages Dare and link up your card (created July 12th or later) to the linky widget on the Day One post o be eligible to win.  One participant will be randomly selected to win the gift voucher.  You can enter as many times as you like, but each card needs to be in a separate post. 

Win a set of your choice! For another chance to win some new Verve, leave a little comment love on our design team's "Tattered Pages" Diva Dare posts!  One lucky commenter will win a Verve stamp set of his or her choice, so be sure to tune in each day!  Comment deadline to be entered in our prize drawing is July 31, 2013.


Winners will be announced on August 1, 2013.


38 comments:

loulou said...

Totally gorgeous shabby design and colours. Love that heart.

craftymom205 said...

Lovely card.

craftymom205 at yahoo dot com

Mary-Anne V said...

Very inspiring psalm you chose for this pretty and soft card. Love it.

Heather said...

So pretty!!! LOVE your paper choices and you really do such a fabulous job with distressing.

Mrs. GraceWorks said...

So pretty! I was fun making a card in your honor this month!

Darlene Gabriel said...

Wow, gorgeous, feminine shabbiness. I love the colours, the beautiful heart, the beautiful bow with button center.....Stunning card.

JoAnn said...

Gorgeous shabby chic card. Love the soft colors and pretty bow.

Miriam Prantner said...

Just so soft and gorgeous! Love this color combo!

Linda Carson said...

Beautifully done from the papers to soft details and colors!

Sheri (a.k.a PaperCrafty) said...

Gorgeous shabby chic card! Love it!

Teresa Zuehls said...

Beautiful, Teresa! I always enjoy your creations. Love your take on the Mojo Monday sketch and the soft colors. TFS

Julie S. said...

Beautiful card, I like those soft colors.

Christine said...

Always love your work and this is no exception! Couldn't agree with you more.....God's word is the very best encouragement!

D- said...

Your card is GORGEOUS! TFS.
D~
http://designsbydragonfly.blogspot.com

Hillary Harris said...

Gorgeous! Love your papers!

Unknown said...

Such a beautiful card!

BonnieC said...

You've captured the shabby but sweet look perfectly!

Sue D said...

Very pretty shabby card!

Marsha said...

Love the rolled corner, papers, and the verse. Very pretty.

Ravengirl said...

This is so sweet and gorgeous!

cm said...

Stunning card! The papers you've selected to showcase the VERVE products: eye-catching combination. LOVE what you've created!!
c

Janet G said...

Beautiful card! I love the soft color combo and distressing!

Lisa's Creative Niche said...

I just love the blues and pinks together!!!

kReN said...

I just love these tattered pages projects. I don't have a clear idea of what shabby chic is but I do know I would like to try it. Out to the studio to pull Verve products!
TFS!

kReN@
http://afourthlife.blogspot.com

Elizabeth Sarkisyan said...

Love these colors and card along with the corner and curled in.

Sheena Brooks said...

oh my - breathtakingly gorgeous!

Kathy W said...

Beautiful and shabby, I like the torn, upturned corner.

Rhonda said...

Fabulous. Love the enamel dots on the heart.

PoJo said...

Beautiful card! Thanks for sharing!

Janis said...

Love the shabby look. I am just starting to distress on some of my cards....kind of scary!! But I love the inspiration I get from cards like this!!
<3 J

Martha said...

Teresa, what a BEAUTIFUL card! I always love your creations.
That scripture is one of my favorites.

keeleykats said...

Lovely take on the sketch! I reach for that Plain Jane stamp often, note to self ~ remember to use the die!

dj said...

beautifully done as always girlie!! love love love it!! You inspire us all to create shabby chic cards!!

Barb Penn said...

I love the scripture you used for your stamp and the bow you made. It's a beautiful card.

Anne B said...

Beautiful!

Stacey Schafer said...

wow, Teresa! your shabby chic card is amazing...as always!

Papercrafting Princess said...

Yes He will! Love all the patterns

RachelV said...

Beautiful card! Love the peek of blue chevron paper in the corner!