Wednesday, April 24, 2013

April Diva Dare - Day 9

Hi Verve fans!  Laurie here, and it's my turn to share with you how I answered this month's dare! 
This month, we are being inspired by two of our Divas - Marisa and Charmaine!  The theme is actually called "Bright Blooms and Butterflies"! 


So, I admit to being a bit of a Diva Dare rebel.  Yep.  It's true.  LOL!  As I was browsing through Marisa and Charmaine's  blogs I was so smitten with  some of their cards they made using the new Shining Star set!  You can see the card Marisa made HERE and the one Charmaine made HERE.

I was also so taken with how they both liked to use white card bases, so that is what inspired how I started my card!  I chose some brightly colored patterned paper and also added in some dry embossing (two things that Charmaine is known for).

To embellish my card, I added some vellum stars that I made using the new Starry Die as well as some bling...gotta have some bling!  :-)


Now it's time for you to take this dare to your crafty space and you know if you do there are two ways you can win some shiny new Verve!  Yay!

  1. Win a $40 Verve gift certificate! Play along with our March Diva Dare and link up your creation to the linky widget entry form.  A winner will be chosen by random draw. To be eligible, your entry must:
    • Be a new creation - posted April 12th or later.
    • Be a card or project using bright colours and having a flower and/or butterfly (or other die shape) as your focal point.
    • Use at least one Verve product.
    • Be added to the linky widget before 5pm Mountain on Wednesday, May 1.
  2. Win a Verve set of your choosing! Leave a little shout-out for the Divas in the comments section as we post our answers to this month's dare weekdays through April 29th.  A random comment winner will be chosen from all the comments over the course of the Dare.
  3. Winners will be announced on Friday, May 3rd.
- Go forth and get inky! We DARE you! -
 

28 comments:

  1. Laurie, only one word came to mind when I saw your card: AWESOME. Nothing more to be said...AWESOME! I'm off to stare at it some more. WOW! Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous card, Laurie! Love the sentiment...the stars and sparkly paper are the perfect accent!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this card! You just reminded me that I really do need to get the Shining Star set!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous card! I love the dimensional layered stars and your pretty color combo! Great sentiment stamp!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful card. Those stars are gorgeous done in the vellum and bling. I love all the silver on this card.

    ReplyDelete
  6. love that little bit of extra embossing at the bottom!! beautiful card!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great design! love the mix of vellum and sparkly stars/gems, great patterned papers/colors too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. oh, love the glitter paper behind your sentiment panel! so fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  9. There's always one rebel in the bunch! Love the sparkle and esp. the velum stars!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous card! Love the shimmery mat behind the sentiment and those vellum stars! TFS

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fabulous card. Love the patterned paper and stars. Great take on Marissa and Charmie's styles.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful--love all the stars.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love the card.

    craftymom205 at yahoo dot com

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a bright and cheerful card. I love the colors used and the stamp is the focal point. Beautiful and fun mixed into one.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Amazing card. I like the silver glitter paper and all the stars !

    ReplyDelete
  16. That is fabulous! Love the bling and the colors chosen:-)

    ReplyDelete
  17. I have never seen a card with that sentiment that I didn't love, those are just the sweetest words and fonts! Your card is bright and beautiful, love the different mix of background papers too.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Since I am a big fan of your cards, I couldn't wait to see your take on this challenge. And I was NOT disappointed! Those vellum stars and the sparkly silver paper and the bright colors on the white background are just fabulous!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh my goodness Laurie- the shining on this card is fabulous! I love it and makes me want to pull out some stars and bling and go to town!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Loving the white card base and big stars!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Wonderful panels and use of glitter paper.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Love your card - the strips of color, the sparkle and the vellum stars. Really love those. Great card.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Laurie, this is simply BEAUTIFUL!
    I love the pretty colors & design.

    ReplyDelete