Wednesday, April 24, 2013

April Diva Dare - Day 9

Hi Verve fans!  Laurie here, and it's my turn to share with you how I answered this month's dare! 
This month, we are being inspired by two of our Divas - Marisa and Charmaine!  The theme is actually called "Bright Blooms and Butterflies"! 


So, I admit to being a bit of a Diva Dare rebel.  Yep.  It's true.  LOL!  As I was browsing through Marisa and Charmaine's  blogs I was so smitten with  some of their cards they made using the new Shining Star set!  You can see the card Marisa made HERE and the one Charmaine made HERE.

I was also so taken with how they both liked to use white card bases, so that is what inspired how I started my card!  I chose some brightly colored patterned paper and also added in some dry embossing (two things that Charmaine is known for).

To embellish my card, I added some vellum stars that I made using the new Starry Die as well as some bling...gotta have some bling!  :-)


Now it's time for you to take this dare to your crafty space and you know if you do there are two ways you can win some shiny new Verve!  Yay!

  1. Win a $40 Verve gift certificate! Play along with our March Diva Dare and link up your creation to the linky widget entry form.  A winner will be chosen by random draw. To be eligible, your entry must:
    • Be a new creation - posted April 12th or later.
    • Be a card or project using bright colours and having a flower and/or butterfly (or other die shape) as your focal point.
    • Use at least one Verve product.
    • Be added to the linky widget before 5pm Mountain on Wednesday, May 1.
  2. Win a Verve set of your choosing! Leave a little shout-out for the Divas in the comments section as we post our answers to this month's dare weekdays through April 29th.  A random comment winner will be chosen from all the comments over the course of the Dare.
  3. Winners will be announced on Friday, May 3rd.
- Go forth and get inky! We DARE you! -