Monday, April 29, 2013

April Diva Dare - Day 12

Hi Verve fans!  I'm here wrapping up this month's Diva Dare mash-up of Charmaine and Marisa.  If you haven't played along you still have until Wednesday, May 1 to join in the fun for a chance to win some new Verve!  I'll add the linky form to the bottom of this post so it will be easy to find when you come back to link up. {grin}  And don't forget there's a comment prize picked from all the comments along the Diva Dare blog posts!  You can find links to each post in the series over on the sidebar. -->

For my little homage to Charmaine, I picked an embossing folder (which I'm pretty sure Charmaine has enabled me to buy every single one in my collection!) and a clean fun layout, with lots of white space and contrasting bold colors.  For Marisa, I went with a butterfly die, some super flowery paper, a fun little bow and an angled square because she's learning to embrace tilted panels so well!  {grin}.



The butterfly was the start to my card, stamping the butterfly from So Fluttery in gumball green and cutting out with the Flutterby Die.  I've been on a washi kick lately, so I adhered a fun colorful bity of it to a patterned paper square, doodled a little frame around it and stamped the hello sentiment from Remember This directly on the tape in archival ink.  The ribbon is from SU! and I added a button, twine and a fun little stick pin for embellishment.  Liquid pearls and some rhinestones finish my accents and the card base is embossed in chevron for just a hint of texture.

All of the stamps and dies I've used on today's card are on sale!  If you haven't seen it, be sure to check out the April SALE going on at Verve through the end of this month!  There's a whole bunch of stamps & dies marked 10 - 30% off! 
   
Enabler's List
Stamps: So Fluttery, Remember This (Verve Stamps)
Paper: On Trend (Crate Paper), Gumball Green (SU!), white
Ink: Black, Gumball Green (SU!)
Accessories:  Flutterby Die (A Cut Above by VERVE), Classic & Scallop Square Nestabilities (Spellbinders), ribbon & button, Chevron embossing folder (SU!), white linen thread (TCP), rhinestones (My Mind's Eye), liquid pearls (Ranger), crystal clear stick pin (Pizzazz Aplenty)

And as a little re-cap here are two ways you can win some shiny new Verve! 

  1. Win a $40 Verve gift certificate! Play along with our March Diva Dare and link up your creation to the linky widget entry form.  A winner will be chosen by random draw. To be eligible, your entry must:
    • Be a new creation - posted April 12th or later.
    • Be a card or project using bright colours and having a flower and/or butterfly (or other die shape) as your focal point.
    • Use at least one Verve product.
    • Be added to the linky widget before 5pm Mountain on Wednesday, May 1.
  2. Win a Verve set of your choosing! Leave a little shout-out for the Divas in the comments section as we post our answers to this month's dare weekdays through April 29th.  A random comment winner will be chosen from all the comments over the course of the Dare.
  3. Winners will be announced on Friday, May 3rd.
- Go forth and get inky! We DARE you! -

27 comments:

craftymom205 said...

Love the card.

craftymom205 at yahoo dot com

Christine said...

Wow! I love the vibrant, yet clean, look of your card. The embossing is great and works well with the tilted square. Easy to see that you had fun creating this one! TFS!

Heather said...

So pretty!! Love the white background that really lets the paper and ribbon pop! Great combining of the two divas.

Miriam Prantner said...

Beautiful card! The embossed base looks fantastic, love the paper for the middle piece and the deep, rich colors!

Sheri (a.k.a PaperCrafty) said...

Beautiful card, Julie! Love the embossed background and pops of green!

Marisa said...

Loving all the white space and all the green just makes me happy :) Yes, the Diva's beat the fear of tilted panels out of me ;) Fabulous take on the challenge and I"m loving that EF too - had one in my had this w/e and put it back...may have to go back and get it LOL!

JoAnn said...

Beautiful card and great take on Charmie and Marisa's styles.

Linda Carson said...

Delightful! Looks like a breath of springtime! Love it!

jan farnworth said...

wonderful card love it.

Ravengirl said...

Very pretty Julee! I love the bold green!

Lisa's Creative Niche said...

ooohhhh love the diamond shape in the middle! Plus the embossing in the background adds so much dimension to this card!

Marsha said...

I like the pearls on each of the scallops and that embossing folder. Very pretty.

Denise Bryant said...

I love this on the white embossed background! Very pretty!

Charmaine (CharmWarm) said...

Oh I just LOVE this, Julee!! Love the colors and the embossing folder! ;) Gorgeous card!

Carla said...

Thanks for the chance
to win, I enjoy your blog
and all the great ideas.
Carla from Utah

Diana Nguyen said...

Love the bright focal point!

Sue D said...

Very colorful and I like the embossing.

noscrappymojo said...

Love, love, love this card! Definitely getting Pinned!

Cheryl said...

Very pretty...love the white bg and that pop of color...and what a darling butterfly too!

Rosemary said...

beautiful card!!

Darlene Gabriel said...

This is a beautiful card. I love the angled square. This DP is so pretty and so is the butterfly. I love you rounded the two corners too.

Imke said...

This is awesome. Love the little pin and the different DP stripes. Great focal point with the square.

Martha said...

Julee, what a BEAUTIFUL card! I love the embossing & the pretty colors.

Mary-Anne V said...

Very pretty...love the chevron embossing.

Jennipher said...

I love all the white space to show of the embossed design. Great idea.

Susan (susiestampalot) said...

OMG Julee, this is gorgeous! you know those are some of my favorite bright colors! pretty and so springy!!

Heidi said...

Wow, this is so awesome, love the colors- nice and springy