Friday, April 12, 2013

April Diva Dare - Day 1



Hello Verve Fans!  It's Marisa here, kicking off this month's Diva Dare entitled "Bright Blooms and Butterflies".  This month's dare combines a bit of Diva Charmaine's (Oodabug Alley) and Diva Marisa's (Rosemary Reflections) signature styles:  Charmaine often uses wonderful, bright colours on her cards, and I use a plethora of flowers and butterflies on mine.  So this month, we dare you to create a colorful card using either a flower or butterfly image, (or if you'd prefer... a fun die shape) as the focal element.   Here is the card I created for this month's dare.


Bright colours and bold patterns are not something I use very often on my cards so this was a stretch for me!  I dug around in my paper stash and opted to go with this chevron paper from MME's Happy Day.  I used the circle die from the  Scalloped Trim Trio set to create a border and then heat embossed the fabulous flower from Surely Goodness in white on both Only Orange and Certainly Celery paper and then used the matching Goodness Flower Die Set to cut them out.  Of course, where there is a flower there needs to be a butterfly so I out came my beloved Flutterby Die.  I VersaMarked the solid image from So Fluttery on to the cut out and added some black pearls for the body.   A yellow ribbon finished things off nicely.

I must say this card is definitely growing on me.  It is always good to stretch yourself out of your comfort zone so you don't get stuck in a rut, and who knows, you may find you like what you tried -- I did :) 
 
Finally, noted below are two ways you can win some shiny new Verve! 

  1. Win a $40 Verve gift certificate! Play along with our March Diva Dare and link up your creation to the linky widget entry form.  A winner will be chosen by random draw. To be eligible, your entry must:
    • Be a new creation - posted April 12th or later.
    • Be a card or project using bright colours and having a flower and/or butterfly (or other die shape) as your focal point.
    • Use at least one Verve product.
    • Be added to the linky widget before 5pm Mountain on Wednesday, May 1.
  2. Win a Verve set of your choosing! Leave a little shout-out for the Divas in the comments section as we post our answers to this month's dare weekdays through April 29th.  A random comment winner will be chosen from all the comments over the course of the Dare.
  3. Winners will be announced on Friday, May 3rd.
- Go forth and get inky! We DARE you! -