Monday, March 11, 2013

March Diva Dare - Day 2


Hello Verve Fans!  It's Charmaine and I am excited to be bringing you Day 2 of this month's Diva Dare, "Just Give Me Stamps, Buttons and Bling"!!  This month, "we dare" you to create a card combining Diva Laurie (Just Give Me Stamps) and Diva Maureen's (Buttons and Bling) styles.  For insight into their styles and inspiration galore, you can find Diva Laurie's Verve creations here and Diva Maureen's Verve creations here.


When I was creating my card, one thing that made me think of Laurie (besides lots of layers) is how she embosses a line art image in white on patterned paper.  I love it when she does that!  :)  The image always looks great and there's no need to color!  I did that on my card with the flower image from Surely Goodness.  When I think of Maureen, I think of these big fluffy bows and the bling!!  I used some of the Truly, Madly, Deeply Seam Binding for my bow.
 

The papers are from the For the Record 2 Tailored Collection from Echo Park.  I also used the Flag It Die Set for the little red tab and the sentiment tab.  The flower pieces were die cut using the Goodness Flowers Die Set

To get your wheels a turnin', the Divas will be posting their Diva Dare creations using our newly released products right here, each weekday, for the next two weeks.  Winners will be announced on Thursday, March 28th. 

Finally, noted below are two ways you can win some shiny new Verve!

  1. Win a $40 Verve gift certificate! Play along with our March Diva Dare and link up your creation to the linky widget in this post.  A winner will be chosen by random draw. To be eligible, your entry must:
    • Be a new creation - posted March 8th or later.
    • Be inspired by a Verve card or project combining Diva Maureen and Diva Laurie's style.
    • Use at least one Verve product.
    • Be added to the linky widget before 5pm Mountain on Wednesday,  March 27.
  2. Win a Verve set of your choosing! Leave a little shout-out for the Divas in the comments section as we post our answers to this month's dare weekdays through March 25th.  A random comment winner will be chosen from all the comments over the course of the Dare.

- Go forth and get inky! We DARE you! -

29 comments:

  1. ohhhh this is gorgeous! I love the colors, the bow and that beautiful big flower!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So beautiful! I really like the white embossed flower on colored cardstock. It really is a gorgeous look! Great job combining the two Divas.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful flower and bow! A lovely combination of both styles.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a pretty card! Love the design, and the soft colors and stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the white embossed flower and leaves! There's just something about white embossing that looks so light and wonderful to me! Thanks so much for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful. I love the white embossed flower and big puffy bow. Great takes on Laurie and Maureen's styles.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Absolutely fabulous! You did a great job combining the styles and I learned a neat little tip- the white embossing on patterned paper. Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful! Love the creative style and esp. design!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous. Love the colors, the seambinding bow and pretty white embossed flower on the patterned paper. Everything looks so pretty together.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the big blooms and the gorgeous color selection!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous spring colours on this very pretty card.

    ReplyDelete
  12. gorgeous card... i really like the soft, pretty colors!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Charmaine! How gorgeous, it's a true representation of both ladies!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Lovely card.

    craftymom205 (at) yahoo (dot) com

    ReplyDelete
  15. Stunning card, absolutely stunning! Love the coral/peach colours, and the bow is a knockout! One of these days, I'm going to learn to make pretty bows...and emboss! Thank you for sharing such prettiness; my day is officially brightened!

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is a beautiful, sunshiny creation!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Lovely card--I like the pretty colors, flower and bow.

    ReplyDelete
  18. so springy and beautiful...love the soft romantic feel you created here!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love that embossed flower! Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Very nice card - so cheerful!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Gorgeous card! Love the pretty spring color combo and that gorgeous flower!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Very pretty! Love your colors and all of those fab embellies!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Oh how I long for spring. As we wade through 5 inches of snow that fell last night its hard to imagine. This card makes me believe that it will happen.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Yum yum yum... this screams spring ;-) I love how you used the die from flag it set. I am definitely feeling inspired by this one!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Awesome card! Love your the addition of the text style! Thanks so much for sharing your talents w/ us!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Oh my - this is so soft and gorgeous! Beautiful combo of spring colours and DPs. I love the seam binding bow.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Something new I learned today...embossing white onto patterned paper! You def rock this technique today. Love it!

    ReplyDelete