Friday, September 7, 2012

Fanspiration Diva Dare - Day 1


Hi friends!  It's Julee kicking off this month's Diva Dare!  As I was perusing our fan gallery and all the fabulous entries for our recent card carnival, I was so inspired to go get inky!  So that's what led me to this month's Diva Dare theme...Fanspiration!   This month, we "dare" you to show us your new creations inspired by projects made by Verve fans!  You can pick any little Verve project to inspire you, as long as it is not by one of our design team members (or yourself!) {grin}.  To get your wheels a turnin', the Divas will be posting their Fanspiration creations using our newly released products right here each weekday for the next 2 weeks!


Okay, let's get to my project.  It was inspired by these sweet mini canvases by Nicole.  I loved the uplifting messages and thought it was the perfect concept for a little gift to brighten a hospital room. So I pulled out the new Borderline set and my mixed media supplies and got started.


I began by collaging some vintage pattern scraps and book paper onto the canvases, then painting with acrylic paints.  I glued down a Flourished Trim die cut and then doodled some extra layers to it for a fun divider.  The dare to dream and mini vintage oval are from the Borderline set and are stamped onto book paper, cut with the Mini Vintage Oval Die Set and then Modpodged onto the canvas.  I stamped the stitching border from Borderline on the top and bottom, as well as on the sides for some texture.  I thought the two glittered chipboard pieces glued together looked a lot like an angel, so I glued it to the canvas, along with a fun prima flower, which I added a bit of paint and ink sprays to grunge it up. I finished off with a cluster of stars and some chitchat Tim Holtz stickers to form the message...  "she has great courage".


For the second canvas, I used a Crafter's Workshop stencil to stipple in the stars.  I then painted each star with some Glass Bead Gel for a super fun textured look and outlined with some faber castell pitt pens.   The sentiment and mini label frame from Borderline are stamped directly onto the canvas with archival ink and I added the arrow border stamp pointing to the frame as well as on the sides of the canvas.  A few scalloped doodles finish off the sides and I accented it with a bit of bling and some more chitchat stickers to form the phrase, "she is hopeful".  For those of you wondering, I purchased the mini canvases at Michael's in a pack of 4 for $4.99.  With a 40% off coupon they worked out to be only about 75 cents each.  The mini easels were on sale at my local craft store for $1 each.
  

Well, hopefully you've enjoyed this first day of our Fanspiration Diva Dare! Join us on Monday to find out who Laurie was inspired by!  Read on to see how you can win some shiny new Verve!  There are two ways to win...

  1. Win a $50 Verve gift certificate! Play along with our Fanspiration Diva Dare and link up your creation to the linky widget entry form. Winner will be chosen by random draw.  To be eligible, your entry must:
    • Be a new creation - posted September 7 or later
    • Be inspired by a non-design team created Verve card or project
    • Include a link to the inspiration piece you used, as well as a brief explanation of what inspired you
    • Use at least one Verve product
    • Be added to the linky widget before 5pm Mountain on Sunday, September 23.
  2. Win a Verve set of your choosing! Leave a little shout-out for the Divas in the comments section as we post our answers to the Fanspiration dare each weekday through September 20.  A random comment winner will be chosen from all the comments over the course of the Dare.
- Go forth and get inky! We DARE you! -