Tuesday, July 17, 2012

July Diva Dare 2012 ~ Day 2

Hey there Verve fans, it's Andrea here welcoming you to Day Two of our July Diva Dare! Because it's been a while since we've done one of these, we thought we'd give you a little reminder on how it works. We post a theme we dare you with, and you'll have two weeks to complete the challenge. During those two weeks, the release team will post their creations and tell you how they answered the dare. 

This month, we dare you to make a card or project using a BIRTHDAY theme. July happens to be a big birthday month here at Verve...five of our Divas have July birthdays, including the boss lady, Julee. Let's celebrate with some fun birthday projects, shall we?  We can't wait to see how you answer the dare! (Stay tuned to see how you could win some shiny new Verve!)

Here's what I came up with …


My goal was to use this week's Mojo Monday sketch so I started with My Mind's Eye Howdy Doody papers and shabbed them up a bit. The larger sentiment is from Verve's Hundred Hearts set. I wanted to make this a birthday card for a friend, and in addition to the birthday theme,  I also wanted to let this person know how much she means to me as well. I used Verve's A Cut Above Tiny Sweet Scallop die for the birthday portion of the sentiment. "Happy Birthday" is from the Big Wish set and the "My Friend" is actually from two different sets, the Munchkin Phrases and Friendly Phrases sets, respectively. Each sentiment panel is sponged with Antique Linen distress ink and matted with black to accentuate the shapes. Some of Verve's dies have mat dies included in the set and it was fabulous that the Tiny Sweet Scallop die I used had a die just for matting!
Ok, so.......

Would you like a chance to win some fabulous new VERVE GOODIES? There are two ways to win:
  1. Play along with our Birthday Diva Dare. Link up your creation (posted July 16 or later) to the linky widget below before 6:00 pm MT on Sunday, July 29. One lucky stamper will win a $30 gift certificate to the Verve Store. Verve Stamps are not required, but if you've got 'em we would love to see 'em!
  2. For another chance to win, be sure to give the Divas a little shout-out in the comments section as we share our birthday creations. One lucky commenter will win the Verve stamp set of his or her choosing.

Winners will be announced on Monday, July 30 right here on the Verve blog.

27 comments:

craftymom205 said...

Love the card.

craftymom205 at yahood ot com

Mrs. GraceWorks said...

How pretty, Andrea! I sorted and organized all my Verve stamps last night. Hopefully I can find time to make a card for the Dare now!! :)

Miriam Prantner said...

So pretty! Love all the distressing and layers. Beautiful papers!

Marsha said...

What a wonderful card.

Tammy said...

Andrea!!
I love your car dand especially the Verve stamps:) WOW---LOVE LOVE---There's something special that really grabs me when I look at the combo of the zigzag stitching on the rose-ish ribbon, the distressed edges of both papers---I really love the floral paper you have used. Thank you for sharing and for allowing me to learn from you!! be blessed
~Beyond Measure
Tammy
www.urbeyondmeasure.com

Lisa M. (aka Lisabee) said...

Love love love! Love those liquid pearls around the sentiment. WHY don't I have any yet??! LOL!

Sian Ridley said...

I just love Verve sentiments, they are so versatile and this is a perfect example! I really like the ribbon 'banners' and the colour combination :)

Maureen said...

oh, so many fun stamps and gorgeous paper! Love this my sweet Sistah!

Marisa said...

Great mix of papers and love the tag you added to complete the sentiment. Wonderful work as always :)

Ravengirl said...

This is a sweet little card! I love the fun papers and the shabbiness!

jan farnworth said...

what a pretty card i love it.

zehra said...

this is gorgeous, i love the shabbed look

marilynwillauer said...

Great card! Love the layout and the quote is terrific, just love the Verve Fonts!!!

~ Jo ~ said...

Oh my this card is gorgeous! I love the banners in various colors. Such a beautiful card for that perfect someone!

Hugs,
Jo

Marlena M. said...

Gorgeous composition Andrea!

Sharron aka Sharrahug said...

Gorgeous card! Love it!

Nicole said...

So many goals for one card...and you met them all. Love the shabbiness. Love the feeling behind it. You are obviously a great friend! ;) Wonderful card, Andrea!

scrappingnana said...

What a great birthday card. Love all th epapers and design. TFS

Angie said...

Gorgeous! I love all the layers!!!

Heidi said...

Can the ribbons get anymore beautiful. This card is so, so... what is the word? I mean it is beautiful just so chic!

Wanda Cullen said...

Gorgeous interpretation of the sketch! Love this card!

dj said...

awesome....great papers and another reminder of why I need to go buy some more liquid pearls!!!

Moosisk said...

Just lovely! That Verve scallop die is FAB!!! :D

jordanbev5 said...

Your card is so beautiful, Andrea!

Mary-Anne V said...

Beautiful card with so many pretty layers.

Emily said...

Great combination of colors and patterns! I love the banner-like strips and the distressed edges.

Rachel B said...

Your doily layer is beautiful! That sentiment is perfect with the birthday tag!