Thursday, September 22, 2011

September Diva Dare - Day 5

Hi Everyone! It's Sankari here and welcome to day 5 of this month's Diva Dare. This month, we DARE you to Case-a-Diva! With nineteen Divas (see the photos and links on the right sidebar), the inspiration is vast! For those of you that are wondering...CASE means to copy and share everything. And that is just fancy talk for copying!  What you copy is up to you! It can be a layout, color scheme, or even something more subtle like a certain embellishment cluster!

You will find the links to all the Diva's blogs on the right sidebar, or you can visit their individual Verve galleries!

I was so excited to CASE Ms. Andrea and try to channel her Ewen Style - holy smokes - can I just say that all I have been doing is drooling over her cards and trying to figure which one I could possibly CASE - wowza - each card is so beautiful and lovely - it was hard to pick just one! Andrea has such an amazing way of creating dimension, depth and texture and creating beauty with everything she touches! This card that I made was CASED from THIS beauty that Andrea made - and wow - what a great layout and love the colors and the ribbon in her card! I tried my best to make Andrea proud in making my card and tried to do justice to her gorgeous creation.  I used the This and That paper collection from LilyBee Designs and tried to get my Ewen Style on :) and used the sweet and inspiring sentiment that I paired together from the Tag Time stamp set. 


Card Ingredients:
StampsTag Time from Verve Stamps
Paper: LilyBee Designs (This and That 6x6 paper pad), Bazzil cardstocks
Inks: Memento Ladybug Red and Rich Cocoa
Accessories: Martha Stewart border punch, Spellbinder's circle punch and lacy nesties, butterfly punch from Martha Stewart, Pearls from Want2Scrap, BoBunny ribbon center treatment, May Arts silk ribbon, heart pins, MME ribbon, liqud pearls and dimensionals. 

I love the side curvy bracket shape that Andrea used and not having that die, I tried to draw out the squiggley shape and cut it out. I added two little butterflies on either side with a little pearl in the center and had to add a scallopy edge to the tops and bottom of the card in tribute to Andrea's amazing way of working with punches - that girl has such a way with punches I tell ya! And I couldn't stop until I had added a couple of lines of liquid pearls around the edges of the card ;) 

This was such a fun challenge and I look forward everyday to see how everyone is CASing each other! And you can play along too and Case-A-Diva and score some yummy new Verve!

Want to know how you can win some fabulous new VERVE GOODIES?
  1. Play along with us and link up your new Case-a-Diva creation (posted September 16 or later) to the linky widget below before 9pm Mountain on Sunday,October 2nd. One lucky stamper will win a $30.00 gift certificate to the Verve Store. Verve Stamps are not required, but if you've got 'em we would LOVE to see ‘em!
  2. For another chance to win, be sure to give the Divas a little shout-out in the comments section as we share our Case-a-Diva creations. One lucky commenter will win the Verve stamp set of his or her choosing! Winners will be announced on Monday,October 3rd right here on the Verve blog.
Now it's YOUR turn! We DARE you to show us your creations!

29 comments:

  1. Love the boldness of this card.

    craftymom205 at yahoo dot com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your card is so gorgeous, as usual. Your colors are perfect and the detail you put in cards is always so unique which makes them beautiful and this card is no exception. You do beautiful work.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How fun! The bow with the pins on the top looks like a butterfly, too!! Beautiful card!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love BOTH cards! It's amazing how they are the same, yet different. Just awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Holy gorgeousness batman! That is simply stunning!:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely punched border at the top and bottom of the card and your classic Sankiri bold colour combo is too fun :) Great take on Andrea's card!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is just gorgeous! Love the patterns and the layout. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow! This is sooo gorgeous! I love the colors- great CASE!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Stunning as always Sankari!! What a wonderful combo of style...Sankari and Andrea. An exquisite mix for sure! I love your bold colors and your fabulous borders along the top and bottom! An amazing creation!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh this is stunning! I love the colors and papers, just beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous caseing, Sankari. Lovely papers and colors! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  12. the colors on this just SCREAM butterfly! Wow! I love how you still added your fabby use of Liquid Pearls...because a card without them just isn't Sankari at all! LOL! Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a gorgeous creation. I think you did Andrea proud. Both of the cards are awesome. Love the colors and papers you used.TFS

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a gorgeous creation. I think you did Andrea proud. Both of the cards are awesome. Love the colors and papers you used.TFS

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful! I think you have channeled Andrea is the most marvelous way!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh my Word! I don't know where to start! It's breath-taking and I'm just speechless. So, I'll leave it at that.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow, Sankari...I am more than proud and MORE than flattered! Your card is an absolute dream, flush with beautiful color and gorgeous detail! I'm so HONORED to have you CASEing one of MY cards! Thank you, my sweet, for making such a wonderful card, in your always beautiful, always breathtaking style of cardmaking. It's SankariStyle!! ♥♥♥

    ReplyDelete
  18. WoW! This is fantastic! So fun and detailed! The colors are fantastic and the hat pins fit perfectly! I love that big beautiful gem and the sweet little butterflies on each side of the sentiment. Just lovely! :) *sigh* I see a new border punch in my future! LOL! :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. What a FAB card! I love the colors and papers you used. The punched edges frame the card perfectly. Thanks for the inspiration. :D

    ReplyDelete
  20. Wow! Your card and Andrea's are lovely. Fantastic CASE.

    ReplyDelete
  21. stunning! i love all the gorgeous detail :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. Totally blown away with the beauty and detail on this card.

    ReplyDelete
  23. absolutely stunning. I LOVE your bold colour choices. I have picked the same card to CASE, but after looking at this beauty I am second guessing my decision.

    ReplyDelete
  24. wow. i always marvel at your cards, this one is gorgeous, love the colors and the punches used. beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  25. WOW... I love the punched borders with these cute little pearls on them! Lovely colors!

    ReplyDelete
  26. What wonderful colors! I like the way you've soften the card with inking on the edges. It definitely catches your eye!! Love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Wowzers, this is amazing, but then all of your cards are! Beautifully done!

    ReplyDelete
  28. fantastic...so bright cheery and elegant!!

    ReplyDelete