Friday, September 16, 2011

September Diva Dare - Day 1

Hi Verve fans!  Those of you that follow the Diva Dare Challenges (held right here on the Verve Stamps blog) are probably scratching your heads wondering why we are having another Diva Dare Challenge without first having a release!  Normally, the Diva Dare does follow a release but we are breaking with tradition this month...completely throwing caution to the wind...and getting inky with our favorite Verve stamps regardless of protocol!  This month, we are sharing projects made with any previously released Verve stamp set...all while following this month's theme!

What is that theme?  I'm so glad you asked!  :-)  This month, we DARE you to Case-a-Diva!  No, not quesadilla (teeheee!), Case-a-Diva!  With nineteen Divas (see the photos and links on the right sidebar), the inspiration is vast!  For those of you that are wondering...CASE means to copy and share everything.  And that is just fancy talk for copying!  What you copy is up to you!  It can be a layout, color scheme, or even something more subtle like a certain embellishment cluster!  

You will find the links to all the Diva's blogs on the right sidebar, or you can visit their individual Verve galleries!

Stay tuned for info on how you could win some brand new Verve goodies!

This is how I answered the Dare...


I CASE'd the fabulous Maureen!  What a joy it was spending time in her gallery!  That girl can put colors together I tell ya!  Wooowie!  And the fabby sketches she comes up with, wow!  Oh, have you seen all the uber cool colored thread she uses on many of her projects??  I literally wrote fun colored thread on my shopping list...just because of her!  :-)

The card I chose to CASE is this gorgeous round beauty!  I absolutely adore her layout...so I kept that completely the same!  Well, except for the little tag...but that was just because I ran out of room on my circle!  Teehehee!  I used the Bountiful Harvest set (which happens to be 25% off right now!!) to make a Fall/Halloween themed card! 


Want to know how you can win some fabulous new VERVE GOODIES?
  1. Play along with us and link up your new Case-a-Diva creation (posted September 16 or later) to the linky widget below before 9pm Mountain on Sunday,October 2nd. One lucky stamper will win a $30.00 gift certificate to the Verve Store. Verve Stamps are not required, but if you've got 'em we would  LOVE to see ‘em!
  2. For another chance to win, be sure to give the Divas a little shout-out in the comments section as we share our Case-a-Diva  creations. One lucky commenter will win the Verve stamp set of his or her choosing!  Winners will be announced on Monday,October 3rd right here on the Verve blog.
Now it's YOUR turn!  We DARE you to show us your creations!


33 comments:

  1. It will be fun to see you all CASE each other's cards. You are all amazing in your own right, and it's nice that you can inspire each other as well as each of us!! Your card is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great CASE of Maureen's card! I'm very excited for this Diva Dare! It'll be fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great case of her card in autumn tones.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Whoo hoo! This is an easy challenge as there is so much Diva goodness to case. I am taking on the challenge for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a cute card. I don't like Halloween but I love Autumn and pumpkins - great card to make for some of my grandkids. I might have to CASE your CASE.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Incredible Fall case of Maureen's card.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great idea for a Diva Dare :) Love your case of Moe's card. Off to see who to case - could be hours in front of the computer screen ooohing and aaaahing first though :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. aw, thanks, Laurie!! Now I want to CASE YOU CASEing me!! LOL LOVE the Halloween/Autumn colours...what fabulous paper and coloured thread!! LOL I am thrilled you CASEd me :) What an honour :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love this card! It has a nice Fall feeling to it. Now that the weather has turned cooler I am ready for Autumn cards. :D

    ReplyDelete
  10. So looking forward to seeing all the Divas CASE each other! So far so good!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great card. Can't wait to see what else the divas have in store for us.

    craftymom205 at yahoo dot com

    ReplyDelete
  12. It was great to CASE Shannan, thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oooh, I love CASE'in the Divas! Can't wait to give it a go--this card is just darling! I love the little pumpkin and how cute it is in the round! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful Case! I love the orange and black together...very elegant. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh, I love the idea of case'ing a Diva. I have so many of the Diva's creations in my favorites gallery on SCS. What a unique take on Moe's gorgeous card! Her's was so springy and yours is all fall! Fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh! This is going to be fun!! Can't wait to get this done. I know exactly who I'm going to CASE. This card is fabulous. Love the variety of patter papers and the simple image is perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Your card is gorgeous!! How fun, can't wait to play along. :D

    ReplyDelete
  18. WoW! What an amazing challenge! Its going to be soo inspiring to CASE a Verve Diva! LOVE how you CASE'D Maureen's "Happy Mother's Day" Card!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh It will be so much fun to play along! All the amazing creations of the Diva's will make fantastic inspiration! Thanks for the opportunity to play along! :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. ABSA-FREAKIN-LUTELY stunning! i love the patterns here and that gorgeous distressing! Oh that awesome awesome button!! LOVE LOVE LOVE!

    ReplyDelete
  21. What a gorgeous card! I'm excited to start on my creations too! Fabulous challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  22. WHAT fun, I chose to CASE Tosha's card for Viva la Verve Week 3, September 2011. :D

    I'll never be as good as Tosha but I sure CASE'd it hard! LOL

    Thanks for the fabulous inspiration you ladies offer!!

    ReplyDelete
  23. How fun! And how hard to choose, cause I love you all!! This one is so fun Laurie, love the papers. A perfect pumpkin card!

    ReplyDelete
  24. what an awesome challenge! i can't wait to see all the galleries and be inspired! yay!

    ReplyDelete
  25. I just couldn't help myself and had to enter again! Love Verve and the Divas!!

    ReplyDelete
  26. love the contrast of black and orange and the button is real cool

    ReplyDelete
  27. Lovely card! The button is so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  28. I can´t find the linky widget?
    Tesa

    ReplyDelete
  29. Because I do not find the linky widget, I link to my card here instead.
    http://tesapysslar.blogg.se/2011/september/case-a-diva.html#comment

    Take care!

    Tesa

    ReplyDelete
  30. WOW this is just beautiful, I am loving it.

    ReplyDelete
  31. Such a cute pumpkin card! This sounds like a really fun challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  32. such a cute pumpkin card!!

    Better late than never!! I just love Teresa Kline's tags so I decided to CASE on of hers. I love this month's Diva Dare! So fun to gather inspiration from such talented girlies!!

    ReplyDelete