Thursday, July 21, 2011

July Diva Dare - Day 5


It's Amy here today, with Day 5 of our July Diva Dare. This month we dare you to make a card, project, layout, or whatever fits your stamping style using this month's theme - Sentimental About Paper!  It's time to dig into all that gorgeous patterned paper you've been hoarding saving (we know you have some!!)!  Showcase all those amazing sentiment stamps (no images) to create a new and never before seen project!  Paired with pretty patterned paper, Verve's famous sentiments will take center stage!  While it is not necessary to use Verve stamps to enter, we would love to see them if you've got 'em!  To sweeten up the challenge even more, stay tuned to learn how you could win some brand new Verve!

But first, here's how I answered the dare: 


I used some playful Webster's Pages patterns (from Yacht Club) to create a nostalgic summer scene. I just adore the sweet children pulling their wagons! I added a second and third pattern along the bottom, along with  some twine and a scalloped border. The clouds along the top are die-cut with additional Webster's Pages patterns. I stamped the sentiment, notched the end, and wrapped it around a lollipop stick. I love the large font size of the Life is Good Plain Jane -- it really holds its own on this sentiment-only card!



Want to know how you can win some fabulous new VERVE GOODIES?
  1. Play along with us and link up your new Sentimental About Paper creation (posted July 15 or later) to the linky widget on the Diva Dare Day 1 post before 9PM Mountain on Sunday, July 31. One lucky stamper will win a $30.00 gift certificate to the Verve Store. Verve Stamps are not required, but if you've got 'em we would  LOVE to see ‘em!
  2. For another chance to win, be sure to give the Divas a little shout-out in the comments section as we share our Sentimental About Paper creations. One lucky commenter will win the Verve stamp set of his or her choosing!  Winners will be announced on Monday, August 1 right here on the Verve blog.
Now it's YOUR turn!  We DARE you to show us your creations!


32 comments:

  1. What a fabulous way to start my day ~ some wonderful Amy Eye Candy! Fun papers, and I love the little wagon scene! The twine really compliments the era. Have a great day Amy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. absolutely gorgeous! Love the patterned paper for the clouds.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the card.

    craftymom205 at yahoo dot com

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so cute, Amy! Love those patterned paper clouds.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your card just comes ALIVE! Perfect sentiment! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOVE this card! I have these Webster's Pages but until now had been uninspired - THANK YOU!

    ReplyDelete
  7. oooo cute cute cute! I love Webster's Pages and that verse is perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I don't think I will ever have the ability to use so many different DPs on one card in my lifetime LOL! Well done! Great card :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. How cute and clever this is! I love that you made a flag with the sentiment!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Adorable!! That is one of my favorite paper collections and I love to see all of the patterns you used! Great job!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very cute card. Love all the pattern papers.

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is fantastic, Amy! Love everything about it, especially the patterned paper clouds!

    ReplyDelete
  13. So very cute. Love the clouds up and out of the frame. And the flag on the stick - very clever.

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a sweet card! You are so imaginative. Thanks for the inspiration. :D

    ReplyDelete
  15. How cute is this? What a fun and fabulous card!

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is so cute. Love the colors and the clouds.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Amy, love those papers and can so totally see why you pick those!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Very clever little scene you created.

    ReplyDelete
  19. What a fun card, Amy. Love your scene and the creative use of all those papers. Great idea with the flag sentiment too!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I love your choices of paper and the layering is so wonderful. The banner on the pop stick is precious!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Stunning! I love the fun papers, that flag is so cute, so clever!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Amy, this is so fun! I really love those patterned clouds and the pennant you made... just so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Cute papers, and I like the way you used them. Cute, cute card!

    ReplyDelete
  24. I just love your card. It is the cutest card I've seen in a while. Love the banner. It really sets the sentiment off. I also like the papers you used for the clouds. So cute.

    ReplyDelete
  25. This is such a sweet card! Those papers are adorable and all the little details make it a pleasure to look at!!

    ReplyDelete
  26. amy thisi s a gorgeous card... love all the funnness of it all.

    ReplyDelete
  27. so cute! This is the perfect summer card with that paper. Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  28. I love this darling card. . .what a fun and warm, welcoming card and love the layers! Great work on the banner and the placement of the wagon!

    ReplyDelete
  29. lovely card...those pp clouds are so adorable! I never would have thought of that, tfs!

    ReplyDelete
  30. My favourite! Copied it onto my desktop for future inspiration - Love it!

    ReplyDelete