Tuesday, July 19, 2011

July Diva Dare - Day 3

Good morning!  It's Charmaine bringing you Day 3 of the July Diva Dare!  This month we dare you to make a card, project, layout, or whatever fits your stamping style using this month's theme - Sentimental About Paper!

I LOVE using just a Verve sentiment on a card. . .especially with an embossing folder!  It really lets those wonderful Verve sentiments take center stage!  My answer to this month's dare did not use an embossing folder, though.  I decided to go with patterned paper.  I used the Uncommon Collection from Authentique paired with a sentiment from the New Mercies set.  I also used the Flutterby Die with black cardstock along with some ribbon and pearls.  The sentiment panel is die cut with the Wonky Rectangles Nestabilities.   



Want to know how you can win some fabulous new VERVE GOODIES?
  1. Play along with us and link up your new Sentimental About Paper creation (posted July 15 or later) to the linky widget ON THE DAY 1 POST before 9PM Mountain on Sunday, July 31. One lucky stamper will win a $30.00 gift certificate to the Verve Store. Verve Stamps are not required, but if you've got 'em we would  LOVE to see ‘em!
  2. For another chance to win, be sure to give the Divas a little shout-out in the comments section as we share our Sentimental About Paper creations. One lucky commenter will win the Verve stamp set of his or her choosing!  Winners will be announced on Monday, August 1 right here on the Verve blog.
Now it's YOUR turn!  We DARE you to show us your creations!  Can't wait to see them!


29 comments:

  1. Wow, I love all the gorgeous papers in this creation. I especially love the verse! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So pretty. Love the pink and black. Of course, love those butterflies. And the wonky shape for the sentiment is very cool.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful papers and beautiful card, Charmaine! I can't wait to play in this challenge - I love my papers!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this Charmaine! The verse looks wonderful in the wonky square. Love the butterflies and your pink and black combo. I need to get busy with some papers...! TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is very very pretty. I like the pink accented by the black... that is just a gorgeous look!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great papers and of course I'm loving the pop of colour with the butterflies :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOW! I love your card. I have almost ALL of the Verve scripture stamps. They are so wonderful. Your card showcases the verse fabulously. Thanks for the inspiration. :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my goodness this is gorgeous! Your papers are beautiful! I always forget that you can stamp on dp, must do it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is beautiful! I love the wonky rectangle shape you used as well!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful card. Love the pink papers and black butterflies and the sentiment is a great one. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very pretty--I never would have thought of making black butterflies but they go so well.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love your pattern papers and colors.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love this card! The pink and black are so pretty together and that verse is super!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. So pretty. I love pink and gray combo.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Pretty in pink! What stunning papers!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow - those black butterflies really pop against the soft pinks on this card. Beautiful creation.

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a gorgeous color combination.
    Beautiful job.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh so pretty in pink! I love your combo of papers and your shabby embellishments!

    ReplyDelete
  19. The papers are beautiful and such a cute layout. Butterflies on black...very cute idea! Lovely card, fantastic sentiment!

    ReplyDelete
  20. The papers in your card are so pretty. I like the black butterflies. Good job on pulling it all together.

    ReplyDelete
  21. How pretty! Those little black butterflies are just striking against the pink!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Beautiful card. Love how the gray brings out the best in the pink!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Oh my this is gorgeous- and pink, which makes it that much more wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  24. this is really beautiful! Love the colors with the pop of black. and I really love how you stamped the sentiment on the patterened paper.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Love this card and the verse is a favorite of mine.

    ReplyDelete
  26. How cute is this!?! The papers, the die cuts, those precious blackboard butterflies and flowers!And most importantly, that wonderful scripture! Beautiful and encouraging!

    ReplyDelete
  27. so much to like about this card, the sentiment stamped on patterned paper and that piece in the corner just sets it all off beautifully!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Beautiful color combinaton and this sentiment set is becoming a "have to have" the more I see the DT using it. TFS

    ReplyDelete