Sunday, May 8, 2011

April Diva Dare - Day 10

Good morning and HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY!! I hope all of you momma's out there, whether your babies have 2 legs, or 4 (like mine!), have a wonderful day filled with family and love!

I'm here on the tail end of the April Diva Dare, have you played along yet?

For those of you that are new to this challenge, here is how it works...following each release, we will post a theme that we dare you with, and you'll have two weeks to complete the challenge. During those two weeks, the release team will post their creations and tell you how they answered the dare!

This month we dare you to make a card, project, layout, or whatever fits your stamping style using this month's theme - April Showers Bring May Flowers! With the warmer weather, new growth, and all the fresh and beautiful blooms that abound, it is easy to be inspired by Spring! How you interpret the dare is completely up to you! To sweeten up the challenge, stay tuned to learn how you could win some brand new Verve!

For my project, I really wanted to make something I could send to my mom for Mother's Day! I've been seeing and LOVING all the hoop art on Pinterest, but can't find one of the wood hoops here in Oki. BOO. SO I decided to stamp on the aida cloth and put it in a frame instead of the hoop! Here's how my project came out...


I'm sorry for the terrible picture, but I waited until it was too late to get a good picture so I had to take it outside, and the BBQ pit doesn't exactly make a great backdrop, lol! 

Anyway, I stamped the leaves and flowers from Bloom and Grow different colored inks right onto the cloth background. I cut some flowers out of the aida cloth with my Floral Circles dies and then stamped the flowers and added buttons. The sentiment is from Love Deepens. For a final touch, I thought I'd spray some Glimmer Mist onto the cloth to age it a bit...bad idea. It blurred the ink that I hit so I quit spraying, lol! Next time maybe I'll try that first, and wait for it to dry before I start stamping. I added some pearls and ribbon and then stuck the whole piece in the frame. I really really love how this turned out and can't wait to make one for myself:)

EDITED TO ADD: I was asked what ink I used to stamp on the cloth, SO sorry I forgot to add that information:) The leaves are Rich Cocoa (Memento), and the flowers are Cherry Cobbler, Baja Breeze, and Old Olive (all SU!)

Confession time...I was supposed to post on Friday and completely forgot, so the deadline for playing alot is passed, but here are the details anyway:)

  1. Play along with us and link up your new April Showers Bring May Flowers creation (posted April 22nd or later) to the linky widget on the DAY ONE post before midnight MST on Sunday, May 8th. One lucky stamper will win a $30.00 gift certificate to the Verve Store. Verve Stamps are not required, but if you've got 'em we would  LOVE to see ‘em!
  2. For another chance to win, be sure to give the Divas a little shout-out in the comments section as we share our April Showers Bring May Flowers creations. One lucky commenter will win the Verve stamp set of his or her choosing!  Winners will be announced on Monday, May 9th right here on the Verve blog.
Now it's YOUR turn!  We DARE you to show us your creations!


25 comments:

  1. This is stunning! perfect gift for mother's day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great idea, Amber...I love those beautifully colored flowers and I'm sure that Mom will love this, too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is completely gorgeous! I love the colors you've chosen. So creative!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely, Amber! I'm sure your mom will love it. And thanks for being the guinea pig to try out the spray mist...good to know! ;) Happy Mother's Day (I have one four legged son--our first--and one two-legged)!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this, Amber...those flowers popped up and your mixture of stamps for the sentiment..just gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  6. what a wonderful idea! and beautiful too! i sure wish i had more verve goodies :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think this is FABULOUS Amber! I love the look of stamping on fabric but every time I have tried it the inks bled - what kind did you use? I hope you and the pups have a Happy Mother's Day (you are their Mom right?) ;)
    ~Meredith

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think this is FABULOUS Amber! I love the look of stamping on fabric but every time I have tried it the inks bled - what kind did you use? I hope you and the pups have a Happy Mother's Day (you are their Mom right?) ;)
    ~Meredith

    ReplyDelete
  9. Quick! I must go pull out my Aida cloth from my counted cross stitch days... This is fabulous! I love hoe the die cut the flower too, it looks wonderful. Thank you for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fabulous mix and layout of leaves and flowers and what a lovely touch to frame it for your mom. I'm sure she will love it :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love this on cloth. Makes for a great keepsake.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful wall decor! I love the blossoms and sentiment.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh Amber this is fantastic! I love this idea. My mom cross stitches, I think she would like something like this. Beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I bet your Mom LOVED this gift! You are so creative to think of stamping in the cloth. It is just fabulous. Thanks for sharing it with us during the Diva Dare. :D

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow! What a lovely gift. A great idea. It's always good to see new ideas not relating just to cards.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful!!! I love this project and so love seeing that it is done on aida cloth. Never would have thought of that and I have TONS of it lying around. Thanks for the beautiful inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Amber, this is so pretty! What a beautiful keepsake!

    ReplyDelete
  18. What a beautiful project! I have lots of that Aida cloth, and I must try this!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Fabulous idea to stamp on aida!

    ReplyDelete
  20. What a beautiful keepsake. I want to make one!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. WOW! this is gorgeous and such a clever idea. Sales on aida cloth just spiked...LOL! thanks for the ink info...guessing those would work on almost any cotton fabric.

    ReplyDelete
  22. What a lovely idea and it came out beautifully!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Gorgeous! Love all of the elements, textures and colours you used to create this.

    ReplyDelete