Thursday, January 20, 2011

January Diva Dare-Day 5


Good morning, it is Teresa and it is my turn to share with you my interpretation of this months theme "Baby Love".  The theme explanation is as follows.

We dare you to make a card, project, layout, or whatever fits your stamping style using this month's theme - Baby Love! The baby part could be for a new little someone...or a special someone! Be sure to look for the details on how you can win some new Verve goodies at the end of this post!



I have been wanting to make one of these journal/mini photo album ever since I seen this one that Alex made.  You use Starbucks coffee cup sleeves, so cool don't ya think?  I luv the idea, well because I am a huge fan of Starbucks.  

I have used four sleeves, painted them a cream color and sewed the bottoms shut so that I can use it for a journal card or to add photos.  I have used designer papers from Making Memories, it is the Je t'adore collection.  I used the heart and classy label from the Love Notes set and the Vintage Oval Stamp and die.




I used glass glitter again...sigh.....I adore the look it gives to anything, you can add it to an edge or like I did here the entire heart shape.

I punched holes in the side and used an circle ring to bind them together.  I also made journaling cards using the ticket die from Lifestyles to go into the sleeves.  I used the set Text Objects to stamp across the bottoms.

 Another page of the mini album, a button and bakers twine accent this page.
This is the completed mini album, I hope you like it and I dare you to create your very own Baby Love creation!

So......will you answer the dare? If so, here are some details:

1. Play along with us and link up your new Baby Love creation (posted January 14th or later) to the linky widget on the DAY ONE Diva Dare post before midnight MST on January 29th. One lucky stamper will win a $30.00 gift certificate to the Verve Store. Verve Stamps are not required, but if you've got 'em we would LOVE to see ‘em!

2. For another chance to win, be sure to give the Divas a little shout-out in the comments section as we share our Baby Love creations. One lucky commenter will win the Verve stamp set of his or her choosing! Winners will be announced on Monday, January 31st right here on the Verve blog.
So go ahead and show us your Baby Love creations...we DARE you!



49 comments:

  1. An absolutely stunning mini-album. Wow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful...love all the journaling cards for the album!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great "green" idea. Love your little touches and the soft feminine look of the album. Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So clever Teresa! I love your idea and love my coffee "fix" too. Beautiful, soft, and pretty with a great spot to journal. Thanks for the inspiration today!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is amazing, I love mini albums and this one is perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, how beautiful! I have never tried a mini album, but how clever to use the coffee sleeves! Love how you can add the journaling tickets to the "pockets".

    ReplyDelete
  7. EEK! How cute! I love the idea of reusing the coffee sleeves!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Clever idea to use the Starbucks sleeves. A very beautiful little mini album!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fabulous idea Teresa! I like the idea of painting them.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I totally LOVE this Teresa! I must say, if I made one of these, it would have to be brown, as I don't think I'd have the patience to paint it...lol. But I love it in white, it looks so fresh and clean! Now, I may have to get Starbucks at lunch today...TFS!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What an adorable idea!!! I can't get enough of your Diva creations!! Thanks for the inspiration! I have a drawer full of those things!! Have a blessed day!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. now isnt this adorable and what love you put into it for that someone special. it is also giving me an idea about another little album I have been wanting to try. I hope I can get to it for this challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  13. oh, just stunning, Teresa...love the soft colours and how you've used the dies :) gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Brilliant re-use of those sleeves!! I love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great idea and recycling of the coffee sleeves. Loving the soft colours and all the details. Wonderfully done!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow... love the idea (recycling) and the colors you used. Just beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh my gosh...this is super cute. I just love it!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Really cute! Perfect for a proud mama or grandma's purse!

    ReplyDelete
  19. OOOOOOOhhhhh...Teresa... this is stunning and sooooo beautiful. You ladies are giving me so many good ideas - thank you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Beautiful creations Teresa.
    Colors are so soft and pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  21. This is gorgeous. Love the soft colors. A very creative idea. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  22. What an awesome little mini book! Great excuse to stop at Starbucks and order a white chocolate raspberry mocha! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  23. Absolutely LOVE it. The colors and the upcycled starbucks sleeves. I have a few of those .....

    Teresa~ lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  24. What a great idea for a hubby!

    It's a good life!
    Terri E.

    ReplyDelete
  25. What a great little mini album! I never would have thought to create it on a roll of tickets... Genius!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Great idea to recycle those cup holders from SB. I just love how you painted them and covered them with love, baby LOVE!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Cute little album! And great way to reuse the starbucks sleeves. Just another reason to go there, right? :)

    ReplyDelete
  28. Just beautiful Teresa! I am so diggin' this shabby chic style that you've been displaying lately. Gorgeous elements and fabulous colors...way to go!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Very clever use for the coffee cup sleeves--beautiful album.

    ReplyDelete
  30. FANTASTIC Idea!!!! I'm a Starbucks junkie too, and I have tons of sleeves just sitting there, waiting to be re-purposed! Thanks for the inspiratioin! LOVE IT!

    ReplyDelete
  31. way to repurpose!!! LOL! this is so cute! I just don't do these, so I love seeing them from others and yours is darling!

    ReplyDelete
  32. Don't you just love Sarbucks. I will remember this idea it is so cute.

    ReplyDelete
  33. Wow! This is awesome. Love the soft subtle colors.

    ReplyDelete
  34. So beautiful. Can't imagine all the hours and work that went into this. It is wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  35. Very cute mini album! Love the ticket shape and all the stamps!

    ReplyDelete
  36. Wonderful mini album~ such a cute finished project!

    ReplyDelete
  37. Oh my ever lovin' goodness, I can't imagine the how long this took you, it is just stunning! Each little page is it's own work of art and together it's like a theme park. Beautiful work.

    ReplyDelete
  38. You continue to amaze me with your creativity! I want to be just like you guys when I grow-up! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  39. Theresa, your projects are always so amazing. Love the idea, the colours and all the little embellishing details. Fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  40. Fantastic idea and gorgeous project! I'll have to start saving those sleeves :D

    ReplyDelete
  41. I love little mini albums! Very nice

    ReplyDelete
  42. Wow a mini album created from coffee sleeves ... that is fabulous! Great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  43. This project rocks! I have been collecting those coffee sleeves too, I just can't bear to toss them, so now I will have to get busy and create a journal. Fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  44. What a FAB idea! Love the way you used the cup holders. Who'd a thought! Thanks for the inspiration. :D

    ReplyDelete