Sunday, December 5, 2010

Winter Project Parade ~ Day 13





Hi there!  It's me, Laurie...and I'm here to wrap up the "Triple Play" Winter Project Parade!  Haven't the projects the Divas have shared these past few weeks been wonderful?  If you find yourself in need of some creative gift ideas, then look no further!  You will find it all - from tags and gift holders to beautifully decorated ornaments!  To see all of the ideas shared, scroll down or click HERE.

For my project, I kept it pretty simple...as I plan on making several of these ensembles to give away this Christmas!


I started by adhering buttons to a scented candle using my hot glue gun.  I then created a small box to set my candle in.  The background is stamped with the small snowflake from Glad Tidings.  The wreath (also from Glad Tidings) was stamped and colored in with Copic markers.  I then used two of my Lg. Classic Circle Nestabilities dies to cut the wreath out.  To finish it off, I added some string and a scarlet button in the middle.  I then tied it all up with some Baja Breeze grosgrain ribbon!


Here is a close-up of the wreath.  I added a bit of Stardust Stickles to the leaves!  Mmmm, mmmm...I do love me some sparkle!  :-)


To compliment the gift, I created a matching 4" x 4" square card.  I used the tag image (from Glad Tidings)  along with the Sweet Scallop Tag die as the main focal point.  I used the same color/button theme as I did on the candle & holder.

If you haven't had a chance yet to play along with us...don't worry, there's still time!!  Here are some of the details...

***********
---- One lucky contestant who plays along with the Triple Play Challenge, will receive the entire January Release AND will be our Guest Diva for the month of January!!! WOOHOO!!!


---- As always, we've hidden a little prize along the parade. A lucky random commenter on one of the official Parade posts (11/17 through 12/7) will receive a $25 Verve gift certificate!!

--- View all the challenge and prize details and submit your Triple Play Challenge projects using the official Project Parade Entry Form and check out all the details of this month's project parade!!!!

39 comments:

  1. A lovely way to present a candle as a gift!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Laurie, I love the blue and red for Christmas colours!! So lovely and the 4x4 is a great size :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute button candle and I love the colour combo. Perfect matching card. I'm sure the recipients will love it :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so pretty! I love the colors you chose and the candle is such a fun idea!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Laurie, I love this...what a wonderful way to wrap the candle!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a fun gift set!! Love the colors & the buttons on the candle.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a wonderful gift. I love the buttons on your candle, that is such a pretty shade of blue. Wonderful projects ~ tfs!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great gift idea! I love the buttons glued to the candle. And the little box is adorable. Fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  9. looove the buttons on the candle! never would have thought of trying that :D and all the kraft on the card- love love love!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very pretty and a great gift idea. Love the colors for the card. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the candle and the card. Great color combo.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love the buttons... on all three parts of the project! What a neat way to decorate a pillar candle, though! Sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great idea to create a custom box to package up the candle for gift giving! I also like how you color coordinated the buttons on all the projects in this ensemble!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Such great presentation - with buttons you can never go wrong. Fab color combo too!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Unique and creative gift! Love the buttons!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Very nice gift. Beautiful card.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I've enjoyed all the triple play inspiration. This is a great way to pkg a very pretty candle.

    ReplyDelete
  18. What a beautiful Christmas candle, card and tag. You did a beautiful job. Thanks fir sharing such a beautiful gift with us.

    Happy Holiday Hugs, Martha

    ReplyDelete
  19. What a darling little gift ensemble! Those buttons on the candle are so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Very cute idea. Love the embossing on the card.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Your creations are wonderful! Whose impression folder did you use for the base of your card?

    ReplyDelete
  22. Very, very nice. Thanks for sharing this cool candle.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Very cute gift idea!
    Kris, Wadsworth, OH

    ReplyDelete
  24. Very lovely presentation for the candle and great card--love the buttons.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Beautiful! I LOVE the kraft, awesome set thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  26. lovely creations!Wishing I was on your Christmas list right now!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  27. These are such pretty projects, Laurie! I love the deep red and rich blue with the kraft!!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Oh Laurie! This is the sweetest! Love the buttons on the candle

    ReplyDelete
  29. Oh my gosh, this is so amazing! I love the buttons on the candle! And the tag card is so great!

    ReplyDelete
  30. The candle is so cute! Great idea.

    ReplyDelete
  31. This is a great idea to dress up a common gift during the holiday's! Plus, who doesn't love candles?

    ReplyDelete
  32. I love this! I never thought to add buttons to a candle - what a terrific way to jazz it up!

    ReplyDelete
  33. I love your color combo - it's unexpectedly beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  34. What a great gift set - the buttons on the candles are adorable and I just love the card!

    ReplyDelete
  35. Rockin' the kraft, as you always do! Awesome!

    ReplyDelete