Thursday, June 17, 2010

Ready Set Stamp Challenge: Seeing Stars


Hi there, Verve fans!  It's Julee here with the next installment in our monthly Ready, SET, Stamp challenge!  With the 4th of July quickly approaching, it seems I've got stars on my mind.  One of my favorite Verve star sets is Seeing Stars, so this month I'm challenging you to pull out this oldie but goodie and get it inky!  I love the patterned stars in this set - they make it easy to make your own backgrounds and create your own fun embellishments and focal points.  Plus they lend themselves to both masculine and feminine styles, which is two thumbs up in my book!  If you don't have Seeing Stars, you can pick it up at 20% off through July 16 - that's the challenge deadline, so you've got plenty of time to create!

For my sample card, I paired Seeing Stars with the June Week 3 Viva la Verve! challenge.  I loved the parisian feel to the second inspiration photo and I've been waiting for the perfect excuse to pull out this Zebra print flocked paper I got at Hobby Lobby a while back.  I used the stripey star stamped in melon mambo to mimic the stripes in the bedding, then embossed the Emerson quote on a deckled rectangle, which I inked up with some melon mambo ink.  The little horizontal strip is cut with a Tim Holtz On the Edge Die and I embossed it with a Cuttlebug stitches border.  The stars are cut out and matted with black, then covered with a mixture of glitter and diamond glaze for a glitzy glam look.


For more inspiration, be sure to check out the fabulous cards from our Divas in the Seeing Stars Design Team Album, and you can also check out cards uploaded by customers in our SCS gallery.

Contest Details:
To play along, submit a link to a new card or project (posted June 17 or later) using Verve's Seeing Stars set before 8PM Mountain on Monday, July 16 and we'll pick a winner to receive a $30 gift certificate to the Verve Store!

Click the red link that says "click here to enter" at the bottom of this post for the entry form. Please type your name or screen name in the Caption or Title field, then choose the link and photo you'd like to enter. If you're linking to a blog, please link directly to the specific blog post where your card is posted, and not your general blog url.}

Note: If you have problems linking your card (especially from SCS), try entering the link to your card, then choosing From File instead of From Web. Then just browse to where your picture is saved on your computer to get your thumbnail.  Keywords for uploading to online galleries are:  VSSTARS and VERVE.

Okay, good luck and have fun!