Friday, June 25, 2010

New Release Spotlight - Day 3!

Let's hear it for the red, white, and blue! Today, we're looking at American Hero, a fabulous set for honoring all those who proudly serve the USA, for thanking everyday heroes, and for showing American pride! In true Verve style, you'll find the most meaningful, heartfelt sentiments, along with some patriotic imagery with a touch of delightful Verve whimsy. Let's get started!


From Diva Amber:

This month's releases are RIGHT up my alley, as you can probably see with the set we're peeking today! American Hero makes my heart go THUMP every time I see it! The sentiments are so sweet and meaningful, they bring a tear to my eye when I think of everyone deployed, protecting our country. I know the people out there. They are young, they are brave, they are willing, and they do it all for us. I just want to make a whole bunch of cards with this set and send them to every single soldier out there, but I don't have that kind of time, lol!

I think you're going to love this set because it's not only the PERFECT patriotic set, but it can be used for any hero in your life! I went the traditional route!

I stamped the stars in Cherry Cobbler and Night of Navy ink on Kraft cardstock and then added some Stardust Stickles. The sentiment is also stamped on Kraft and I used some Enchanted Evening ribbon and some random buttons! I love the rustic feel to this card, I wish I had left the Stickles off, but I really love the sparkle too!





From Diva Charmaine:

The American Hero set has such a whimsical feel to it. I just love that it can be used for a cute and fun card as well as something more vintage. As with all Verve sets, it contains wonderful sentiments. This is a great set to round out (and spice up) your collection of patriotic stamps. I used the Old Glory Collection from We R Memory Keepers for my card as well as the Stars Cuttlebug folder.





From Diva Jackie:

Hi there Verve fans! Are you ready for another great release? Just wait until you see these sets in full.....that's all I'm sayin'! I was thrilled to work with the new American Hero today! This set makes me proud to be an American!!! I can honestly say I will never need another Patriotic set in my stamping arsenal as American Hero covers it all! It's chock full of the most wonderful sentiments and some pretty fabulous images! I chose to work with just one sentiment for my card today, and believe me it was hard to choose! I finally settled on "Thanks For Protecting Our Freedom" I went the traditional red, white and blue route, with a pair of my old denim jeans acting as the blue. I used Star Nestabilities to cut the denim star, added some ruffled red and white gingham ribbon and a blue button. I used the Corner Chomper to round all the corners (a new favorite look of mine) and added some cross-hatch stitching and adhesive gems to finish it off!





From Diva Amy:

I am both honored and proud to show you a peek at American Hero. This set's fabulous mix of powerful sentiments and patriotic imagery had me choked up when I first saw it! Look no further for heartfelt ways to express both your gratitude and your American pride. And check out the super cool font - love it! I chose to feature the sentiment, "Humbled By Your Willingness To Serve," along with one of the three stars in this set. An assortment of Girls' Paperie On Holiday papers carries out a traditional red, white, and blue color combo in a fresh, fun way.





It's not too late to participate in our Release Week Challenges over at the Verve Forum! Complete all of them for a chance to win the ENTIRE VERVE JUNE RELEASE! (You know you want it!) Short on time? Each individual challenge also has a $25 Verve gift certificate for one random participant.

Join us tonight at 9 pm EST at our Release Party. We'll chat it up, share projects made with the new stamps, announce contest winners, and of course reveal the new sets!

Like what you’ve seen so far? Just leave a comment here on this post before 6 PM Eastern tonight, Friday, June 25th and you’ll be put in a drawing to win this set! Winners will be announced during the party. Good luck!

60 comments:

  1. These patriotic cards are amazing. I adore the sentiments and the sneak peeks are so yummy! Cant't wait to see the reveals tonight!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are just stunning. What a beautiful display of patriotism. They make me proud! See you tonight.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a wonderful set so fitting to honor all Americans but especially those special service members and veterans in our lives.Thank you so much.Looking forward to seeing more tonight.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous samples! Can't wait to see the rest of the set tonight!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh... ya all are killin me!!! I want all these fabulous stamp sets!!! Love the patriotic sentiments! Wish I would have had them last month, as I'm working on 4th of July cards right now! Looking forward to the release!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Amazing cards and love this set - how fitting for all our servicepeople around the world!

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOW. Always an amazing showing at VERVE!!! I am always blown away!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Having a brother in the Air Force and a sister-in-law just getting accepted into the JAG program, I am definitely in need of good patriotic sets...this looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  9. The cards are fabulous. I just love this set. I have a nephew and some friends that are serving our country. What a great set to make some cards for them and for others too. Thanks for a chance.

    ReplyDelete
  10. You have definitely captured everything that we need to say to those that protect us! Great cards for great heros!

    ReplyDelete
  11. LOVE it....LOVE it...LOVE it!!!!!!!!!! This is a set I will definitely have to have...I love Americana. The cards are just beautiful too.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh do I love this set!! Looking forward to tonight!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I am humbled by all of these beautiful patriotic cards - they are just breathtaking! My husband is a decorated Vietnam veteran and I am always loooking for inspirational cards to make for him and his VFW companions. This set would be SO awesome to have. Hoping the planets align and I'm lucky enough to win this set. Thanks ladies for sharing your talents with all of us!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love all the cards made-great patriotic theme. Look forward to seeing the set. tfs

    ReplyDelete
  15. LOVE this set!! WIth a deloyed hubby and lots of his deployed friends, this set would get lots of ink in this household. Thanks for making such a beautiful set to honor them.

    ReplyDelete
  16. such a neat and cool stamp set! I lvoe it!

    ReplyDelete
  17. These will go down a treat, very patriotic yes, but lots of applications, for both military service and other voluntary services... and of course I love the stars!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Every card is so unique and fabulous! I love them all. And I love the sentiments too. Can't wait for the reveals.....

    ReplyDelete
  19. Beautiful cards! I can't wait for tonight!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Amazing set. Would have loved to have it in time for July 4th, but there's plenty of time before Veterans Day to make good use of it. Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Love the patriotic cards. I especially like the ones stamped on kraft paper.

    ReplyDelete
  22. These samples are just so beautiful. I don't have any patriotic stamps and am loving this set. Thank you so much for the peeks, I'm so excited for tonight.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Seriously amazing! I really love the first with the stickles. I don't think I would have left them off, looks awesome!
    The stars are fabulous and I love all the sentiments and have thoughts of where I could use them for places other than for patriotic cards. Can't wait until tonight!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Lori H (loricabo)June 25, 2010 at 8:05 AM

    Loved the amazing samples with this set. The sentiments are wonderful, and I can't wait to see the rest of the set.

    ReplyDelete
  25. I see this is going to be another 'must have' set! The samples are gorgeous and the sentiments are so special!

    ReplyDelete
  26. I love these cards that you ladies have made. They are so patriotic, and beautifully made ! Cant wait for tonight I am dying to see what the rest of the sets look like =)

    ReplyDelete
  27. What an awesome patriotic set! I LOVE the sample cards!!! So inspirational girls!

    ReplyDelete
  28. These cards are awesome!! Wonderful patriotic set.

    ReplyDelete
  29. Love these! There is a definite lack of patriotic images available. Thank you for making a set to help fill that gap! Can't wait to see the whole set!

    ReplyDelete
  30. Wow! These are all amazing! Love, LOVE this new set!!

    ReplyDelete
  31. what a lovely set that I could even use here in Canada for our soldiers and people in the military....so beautiful with heartfelt sentiments :)

    ReplyDelete
  32. Mary (Happy Now)June 25, 2010 at 9:03 AM

    Stunning set and samples!

    ReplyDelete
  33. I love this set! I can't wait for the release party tonight! Thanks for the chance to win!!

    ReplyDelete
  34. Fabulous cards with some fabulous sentiments! A wonderful tribute to those who serve :D

    ReplyDelete
  35. Oh this is a must have set for me! My birthday is the 4th of July and I guess that makes me somewhat partial to our nation's independence! I am so proud to be an American and whenever I see a service person in uniform- I go up to them and thank them for their seervice. What a fabulous set!

    ReplyDelete
  36. Oh, my gosh...this set is right up my alley especially with my 18 year old heading to basic training in 17 days. I will HAVE to have this set!

    ReplyDelete
  37. Such a fabulous set! What a way to show our thanks for those who serve our country.

    ReplyDelete
  38. Great set! I love those stars! :)

    ReplyDelete
  39. Wow! Loving these cards! Can hardly wait to see the stamps!

    ReplyDelete
  40. Wow, what a great set! I am so excited to see what else is in store for us during the previews. These cards are superb.

    ReplyDelete
  41. Wow, this set would be great for sending cards to the troops, love the sentiments! Amazing diva samples, as always!

    ReplyDelete
  42. OMG - with so many of our family men in the military, this set is one I must have(winning it would be even better!) I love the samples, and can't wait to see the entire set. Thank you for such a much needed set.

    ReplyDelete
  43. Fabulous samples with a must have stamp set!

    ReplyDelete
  44. Wonderful samples, and I can't wait to see the rest of this set!

    ReplyDelete
  45. what fabulous projects from the dt! this set looks so cool!

    ReplyDelete
  46. These are awesome! Love all the cards! :)

    ReplyDelete
  47. Wow!!!....wonderful cards as usual ladies!!!.....What a great wat to honor those serving in the armed forces. See you all tonight at the party!

    ReplyDelete
  48. Such awesome samples!! Love the sentiments...can't wait to see the whole set! :)

    ReplyDelete
  49. Beautiful cards! I love stars, but have a hard time deciding how to use them - these are great ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  50. This is such a great patriotic set! Just in time for 4th of July too!

    ReplyDelete
  51. These cards are fabulous! How wonderful to have a patriotic stamp set... the sentiments are beautiful! Can't wait to see more!

    ReplyDelete
  52. Honestly, Verve has outdone itself again. Fabulous.
    Peace, Becky Johnson
    princes729@aol.com

    ReplyDelete
  53. Great set to have ~ fantastic work by the DT!

    ReplyDelete
  54. I love this patriotic set! The samples are great - I love the stickles on Amber's card. Great star design and sentiments, as always :)

    ReplyDelete
  55. Perfectly patriotic and I love your cards!

    ReplyDelete
  56. Amazing cards for such a heartwarming set. I can't wait to see all the stamps in each set

    ReplyDelete
  57. Even as a Canadian I can see these cards are lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  58. WOW! Wonderful cards. Love the colors.

    ReplyDelete