Wednesday, June 23, 2010

New Release Spotlight - Day 1!

Hi there Verve fans!  Laurie here, and I'm SO excited to be able to kick off this month's new stamp previews!!  I should just start off by telling you all to hold on to your seats, because these new stamps will blow you away!!  In true Verve form, Julee has created new sets that are encouraging, classy, & unique!

Today, some of the Divas will be sharing projects made with the new Blue Skies set!  Along with several uplifting sentiments and quotes, this set of 16 has beautiful butterflies, both fancy and bold flourishes, and a fun new way to display all of it! Read on, for some delicious eye candy and a chance to win this set!
 



From Diva Lynda

I’m SO excited to be sharing a sneak peek with you today using Verve’s NEW Blue Skies stamp set!! Let me say that you are going to LOVE this set! It includes 16 stamps and is SO versatile. I used the small butterfly and notebook (is it not the cutest thing EVER?!?!?). The stamp already layers the pages so I stamped the notebook twice, once on Basic Grey Kraft paper and then again on Select White. I cut just the top sheet from the Kraft Paper and then I cut out the entire white notebook and adhered the Kraft piece on top. I then added 3 jump rings for the 3 ring binder look! Julee has DEFINITELY done it again with the sentiments. The Courage sentiment I used here is amazing and believe me, there are more amazing sentiments included in this set!


I used some decorative Pink Paislee paper to mat the book as well as Select White and Dark Chocolate. The butterfly was stamped on Select White using Cocoa Momento and then colored using a blender pen and Raspberry Fizz ink pad. The rhinestone flourish is from Zva and the decorative brad is from Basic Grey. I also added some Raspberry Fizz CS!

I hope you enjoy the rest of the sneak peeks this week! Have a great day! ~Lynda



From Diva Shannan

Good morning, y'all! I hope you're excited to see the new sets that Julee has for you this month...you'll love them, I'm sure of it! I had to use this quote for my first project with Blue Skies...it was one that I requested, and I couldn't have imagined it any better!


I paired the sentiment with one of the flourishes from the set, overstamped in Antique Linen Distress Ink. I also stamped the small butterfly in Tea Dye, colored it with Copics, and cut it out to "fly" off the edge of the card. I had to cover it with Stickles, of course! Some October Afternoon paper and silk ribbon were the perfect balance of shabby and chic, and I finished everything off with some sponging with various Distress Inks. Now it's ready to send to someone who I know could use a lift!




From Diva Laurie

I was trying to be more "professional" in my description at the beginning of this post, but now I get to tell you in my own words what I think of this set!  AH-MAZING!!  I flipped when I saw this set!  For real.  Literally flipped!  I mean, just LOOK at that notebook page!!  Oh, and the flourishes and butterflies....{{{HUGE happy sigh}}}!  Honestly, I can't wait for you all to see this set!! 

For me, this card was all about that super cute notebook page image!!  Honestly, I was so giddy stamping with it, I barely noticed what other goodies I was adding to me card!  ((giggle))  I tried out some new Bo Bunny patterned paper using some "new for me" colors.  At first I thought the notebook page got a little washed out by the busy pattern (and since my card was ALL about the notebook page, that wouldn't do LOL!), so I threw on a piece of embossed vellum cardstock.  A few buttons, some ribbon and lace, and one heart later my card was finished!  :-)





To celebrate this new release, there are some Release Week Challenges going on over at the Verve Forum!  Not only are they a fun way to jump start your creativity, but if you complete all of them, you will be entered for a chance to win the ENTIRE VERVE JUNE RELEASE!  OH yeah, that's what I'm talking about!  :-)

Speaking of the new release, we would love for you to join us for the Release Party over at the Verve Forum this Friday (June 25th) at 9 p.m. ET!!  We will be there chatting it up, sharing projects made with the new stamps, announcing all the contest winners, and of course revealing the new sets!


Like what you’ve seen so far? Just leave a comment here on this post before 6 PM Eastern on Friday, June 25th and you’ll be put in a drawing to win this set! Winners will be announced at our release party that night.

103 comments:

  1. How cool. Love the school paper look. Can't wait to see more.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Eeeek! Love that little notebook stamp and the fonts that I see in the set are so fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love these new stamps! So gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is absolutely gorgeous! What a unique and lovely set this is going to be!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you so much for MORE inspiration!! See you at the Forum!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What an absolutely beautiful stamp set! I really love the sentiments and the butterfly is gorgeous! Thanks so much for sharing - I can't wait for the release!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful! Can't wait to see the rest of the set - I am sure in true Verve fashion, it will be amazing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love what I've seen so far!!! Love that little notebook, and the sentiments are wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yay the sneaks have begun, and in great great style, I am loving this one, especially the notebook... and look at the fancy butterfly... be still my ever beating butterfly heart!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. WOW...you've really tug at my heartstrings this time! These are FABULOUS! LOVE how these are presented! Great job ladies!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I always seem to struggle with sentiments on cards, but this set is so unique and inspiring ... loving the new releases already!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Mary (Happy Now)June 23, 2010 at 6:46 AM

    Looks like another FUN release! Hooray!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Awesome, Id luvvv to win these! Thanks for the chance :-)

    ReplyDelete
  14. LOVE the notebook...can't wait to see what all comes in this set!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Adorable! I love the new butterfly and the sentiments are great! Can't wait to see the rest of the sneaks!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh such great samples! Love that butterfly and that notebook paper. How cute is that little tiny notebook???

    ReplyDelete
  17. Beautiful cards. Love those stamps and the colors.TFS

    ReplyDelete
  18. These are just beautiful! I love the school paper and the longer sentiments!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love all these quotes! They are several of my favorites!

    Loving the samples and loving the chance to win!

    Many thanks to "the jewel" and the divas!

    Linda Cary

    ReplyDelete
  20. So looking forward to this release~~I am LOVING what I am seeing do far...

    ReplyDelete
  21. I love the notebook paper! I already added this one to my list!

    ReplyDelete
  22. The notebook stamp is adorable! Can't wait to see the whole set.
    Fabulous samples as always! :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. Oh my! I can tell already this set is going to have to come home with me! Love the samples, gorgeous work!

    ReplyDelete
  24. I love this set and have only seen a few images...can't wait to see the rest of it!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Absolutely beautiful cards. I'm lovin the notebook paper and the quotes are awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  26. OMGoodness!!! I have been on a notebook/ledger paper kick for awhile and can't wait to get this set!! My eyes teared up reading the sentiments :) Fabulous cards, Divas....

    ReplyDelete
  27. Love the sentiments and I can't wait to see the rest of the set, especially if there are butterflies too!! Fabulous samples ladies!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Awesome samples! - Love, Love, Love that little notebook page stamp.

    ReplyDelete
  29. These are fabulous! I love the way you {font} things, Julee!

    ReplyDelete
  30. oh my goodness. I love this stamp set a million times over!!! Verve always has such wonderful sentiments that I reach for them time adn time again!

    ReplyDelete
  31. WOW! All the cards are fabulous and love everyone of them. The quotes are awesome. Thanks for this inspiring MOJO and a chance to win.

    ReplyDelete
  32. Oh, wow, I can't wait to see the whole set!!!! Lovin' the sweet little butterfly and the NOTEBOOK!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  33. All the examples were just lovely! I just rec'd my first Verve order and I am so thrilled--I have used several already--great product!

    ReplyDelete
  34. Love the notebook stamp set. Can't wait to see more! Thanks for the chance to win.

    ReplyDelete
  35. Love thought provoking quotes! This will be a great set!

    ReplyDelete
  36. Heather (SCS Isaiah40:31)June 23, 2010 at 10:15 AM

    Oh. My. Goodness. This looks like another 'favorite Verve set' for me!!! The quotes I've seen are fantastic and that little notebook page leaves me speechless. Wowza. I keep wondering how Julee makes each release better than the last one!

    ReplyDelete
  37. Fabulous set.. can't wait to get it! All the samples are gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete
  38. Absolutely I love what I've seen so far. That notebook stamp is gorgeous and I can't wait to see the other wonderful sentiments.

    ReplyDelete
  39. WOW; amazing cards; love, love, love the sentiments!!!

    ReplyDelete
  40. OMGOSH!!!.....love the notebook..it is too cute. Love how you can layer it and use different sentiments. Thanks for the Awesome Sneek Peaks ladies!

    ReplyDelete
  41. Love it! The sentiments, the butterflies and the notebook... AWESOME!

    ReplyDelete
  42. These samples from the divas are amazing as always. Really love all the quotes, each release I'm more and more amazed! Can't wait to see all of it on Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  43. I'd love to win this set,...the sentiments are awesome

    ReplyDelete
  44. Oh my goodness! Love what I see so far. That little notebook is the sweetest! I am so excited can't wait to see them all.

    ReplyDelete
  45. One can never have too many sentiments and I'M LOVIN' that notebook stamp!

    ReplyDelete
  46. Oooooo... I totally NEED that little notebook!!!!! LOVE IT! And I think I'm actually available during the release party this week! YAY!

    ReplyDelete
  47. Love all the Verve stamp sets! This will probably end up being another Verve favorite!

    ReplyDelete
  48. I love the courage quote! And the little "booklet" tied up with string is ADORABLE!

    ReplyDelete
  49. Oh, the notebook paper is just TOO cute, and {gasp} butterflies!?!
    Slurpilicious!

    ReplyDelete
  50. I don't 'like' what I see, I LOVE IT! You had me at notebook paper stamp. That is adorable! I also love the courage sentiment. So many great uses for that one, adults and kids. I'm so excited for this release!

    ReplyDelete
  51. This looks like a super cute set!! Can't wait to see more!

    ReplyDelete
  52. That notebook stamp is SOOOO cute! And I love that butterfly! Can't wait to see more :)

    ReplyDelete
  53. Oh, I so need these...and cant wait to win them, LOL...Thanks for the chance!

    ReplyDelete
  54. Beautiful. I can't wait for the release of the New Release. Awesome creations, Laurie.

    ReplyDelete
  55. Oh my! This looks like it's going to be fabulous! Can hardly wait!

    ReplyDelete
  56. OMG, Love this set - I am big on quotes and use them on so many "just thinking of you" type cards. Can't wait to be able to get my hands on this set for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  57. OH MY! I LOVE the previews of this set. Quotes are one of my fave things to put on a card. Thanks for a chance to win this great new set.

    ReplyDelete
  58. As always.....I gotta have these stamps!! Thanks for the chance to win, and love the projects!!

    ReplyDelete
  59. I love all the stamps and the beautiful cards the divas made with them!!

    ReplyDelete
  60. This looks like the perfect set! Love that notebook paper, and the sentiments go right to my heart. What beautiful samples! Oh, the possibilities :)

    ReplyDelete
  61. These are great! The notebook paper is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  62. WOW these look like they are going to be fabulous sentiments. I can't wait.

    ReplyDelete
  63. Beautiful cards; I really like that notebook paper stamp! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  64. So gorgeous. I just love the notebook and can't wait to see what else is in store.

    ReplyDelete
  65. This set looks really cool. I like the notebook stamp and the font used in DREAMS.

    ReplyDelete
  66. I love it, the cards are so cool and the words are awesome. I will have to look at this set for sure great idea on this set. Cant wait to see the rest of the stamps.

    ReplyDelete
  67. So excited about the new release. can't wait to get a closer look at blue skies :) Love everything I've seen so far

    ReplyDelete
  68. Oh wow I can not wait to see all the new releases, what I have seen so far is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  69. This looks like a set that has it all! Lovin' that notebook!!!

    ReplyDelete
  70. These cards are phenomenal. I love the creativeness on each and every one of them. Great job - thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  71. WOW! Love that little notebook and all of the verses hat go in it!! I want this one!!

    ReplyDelete
  72. Lori H (loricabo)June 24, 2010 at 8:12 AM

    The school notebook paper is so cute! And pairing it with the sentiments is a great bonus.

    ReplyDelete
  73. The notebook stamp has me sold on this set immediately! Can't wait to see the whole release...thanks for sharing your gorgeous creations, divas!

    ReplyDelete
  74. Ooh I LOVE the new fonts. They totally rock. DP cards are fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  75. I love what I've seen of this new set! The sentiments are great and that little notebook page is amazing!!

    ReplyDelete
  76. I love these! Especially the one with the purple heart!

    ReplyDelete
  77. Fabulous!!! Love all cards and the wonderful sentiments! :)

    ReplyDelete
  78. All the cards are great and the set look like a must have!!!

    ReplyDelete
  79. That notebook paper stamp is fabulous! I can think of lots of ways to use it already.

    ReplyDelete
  80. I like inspirational phrases like this. I like the school paper look on Lynda's card too! Looking forward to seeing the whole set.

    ReplyDelete
  81. i love your new sentiments. This is definitely a set I'd use constantly.

    Blessings,

    Catherine
    catherinesangels@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  82. I just love the little notebook stamp... actually, LOVE all the samples. Can't wait to see more!!!

    ReplyDelete
  83. I love all the sentiments, and your stamping divas are the BEST! Every card is so beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  84. Awesome - love the butterflies and the sentiments are so nice! :)

    ReplyDelete
  85. What a great peek! I got my very first Verve stamps a couple weeks ago and LOVE them. Have a feeling I am going to be starting another wish list - - Christmas is coming, right?

    ReplyDelete
  86. What lovely cards! I love this time of the month because not only do I get to see amazing Diva creations, but I always love the way the guests dt members get to shine too!

    ReplyDelete
  87. This looks like an awesome set, and that little notebook page is adorable!!! So fun! I can't wait to see all of the images:)

    ReplyDelete
  88. Okay, that notebook stamp is completely darling! And...oh my goodness, did you see that Lynda put jump rings in it???? This is truly ah-mazing!

    ReplyDelete
  89. Totally love this little notebook design. It would look great on any card. Should be fun..



    bobbi

    ReplyDelete
  90. Great new release! Love the longer sentiments that can be used on the inside and outside of the card!

    ReplyDelete
  91. Lovin that little notebook and the butterfly. Julee's sentiments are always wonderful!!

    ReplyDelete
  92. I love the notebook and what wonderful quotes! Another "gotta have it"!

    ReplyDelete
  93. Great set! Love that font. Thanks for the chance to win! :)

    ReplyDelete
  94. Love these sentiments! thanks for the chance to win :)

    ReplyDelete
  95. ohhhh! more beautiful butterflies?? what's not to like! beautiful projects from the dt!

    ReplyDelete
  96. I was somewhat doubtful about how I would use BG's new Kraft paper but Lynda has enlightened me with her card. Thank you. Looks terrific with the "notebook".I'm anxious to see the three new sets altogether. Outstanding, I'm sure.
    Peace, Becky Johnson
    princes729@aol.com

    ReplyDelete
  97. what fabulous fonts and sentiments! I LOVE all Verve sentiments, and I think it's about time I added more to my collection. Can't wait to see all of the set :)

    ReplyDelete