Tuesday, April 20, 2010

New Release Spotlight - Day 1

Hey there! Jen Tapler here and I'm soooo excited to be sharing the first day of New Release Spotlights with you for this Totally Rad Verve Beach Party Release!! I know I say it every time, but this time I really do mean it - this is my absolute favorite release Julee has put together. I don't know, maybe it's the Maui Surfer Girl in me *wink*, but this entire release has me SO excited!! I've been bugging Julee for just about forever for some tropical-ish stamps and boy did she deliver!! But don't worry, not ALL of the sets this release are beachy - they are all super fabulous though! Some of the Divas and I will be sharing a few projects with you using the new Relax set, which is a totally "beachin" (ha! get it?) set of 19 stamps that will have those of you on the mainland even more anxious for summer than you already are (and those of us on Maui just anxious for the weekend!).

Take a look at what we've done...

From Diva Jackie Pedro:

Have you been yearning for warmer weather? Well, hold onto your sun hat ladies, because Verve is going tropical with this month's release! Julee has come out with some fun, whimsical and beautiful stamps for this month's release! You will not be disappointed! I couldn't wait to give you a sneak peek of the set we are previewing for you today called Relax. I created a fun beachy scene using the palm tree, sun and two of the five surfboards that are included in the set. The sand is a cool new product that I recently picked up at my local Scrap Store. It's called Sand Paste (by Mudd Puddles) and this particular sand is called Jamaican Beach. I cut the image out with a Labels One Nestability and before removing it from the die sponged Cool Caribbean ink around the edges. I added some fun sugared glitter (Doodlebug) to the coconuts and the center of the sun. The patterned paper is Thrift Shop by October Afternoon and the sketch is from our own Diva, Mercy Kerin (MTSC70). The inside reads simply "Relax". Can you see yourself relaxing on this beach? I sure can!!


From Diva Susan Liles:
Well, Aloha! Susan here and I'm so excited about the newest release from Verve! These stamps are going to fill the void a lot of us have when it comes to masculine stamps. And the fear of making masculine cards? Well, kiss it good-bye! These stamps will make handsome, manly cards a breeze! Speaking of which - making a handsome, manly card was my first thought when it came time to create this project, but I was inspired to go a different direction as I was browsing the Target "dollar-to-two-dollar-and-fifty-cents" spot a couple of days ago. They had some adorable wooden signs that were perfect for a sunroom, pool area or any room decorated in an island or Hawaiian theme. So I took a picture (I'm old and needed that to remember) and came came home and put my own spin on it solely from stamps, paper and cardstock - well, and a little cork! I used 8 stamps from the new set, Relax. There are so many fun elements to it, I just couldn't stop myself! I'm sure ya'll are already drooling at what Jen and the other girls made, too, but hold onto your surfboards, because you're going to love "hangin' ten" with all the stamps coming your way with this new release!

From Diva Lynda Benden:

Oh my gosh, I LOVE this set and believe me, you are going to as well! I had such a great time putting this card together!! The card base is Select White and is 5 1/2" square. I also used True Black and Pumpkin Pie CS. The decorative orange paper is from Fancy Pants and the "sand" paper is some old stuff I had in my stash!! I cut an oval in the Fnacy Pants DP using my oval Nesties and then added a Prima Say it in Crystals Frame. To make the sunset in the window, I sponged Real Red, Pumpkin Pie, Summer Sun and Barely Banana ink on glossy whiteCS for the sky and Night of Navy, Not Quite Navy, Baja Breeze and Soft Sky for the water. I also added some Clear Ranger Crackle paint on the water to make it look more realistic! I then tore the sand paper, sponged Frayed Burlap (Ranger) ink and layered it toward the bottom of the "window". I stamped the AWESOME palm trees on Select White CS, colored using my Copics, cut them out, added brown flock to the coconuts and adhered them using dimensionals. The DARLING sun was stamped on Select White as well, colored using Copics, cut out and then added Yellow Stickles because there HAS to be glitter on the sun!! LOL! The final step was to add the black Pink Paislee ruffled ribbon and topped it off with some linen thread.

And from me, Diva Jen Tapler:
I think I already pointed out that I am totally in love with this Relax set!! Living on Maui, I am constantly on the lookout for a stamp set like this! I know what a shortage of cute tropical / Hawaiiana / Beach themed stamp sets there are out there and Julee totally nailed it with this set! And I can see so many uses for this set besides just summer cards - it's the PERFECT set for those vacation scrapbook pages, for a fun beach-themed birthday party, and I have about a gazillion little gift ideas planned! For my sneak peek I created a bright a cheerful hybrid card using 3 of the 5 surfboard images in the set and the Relax sentiment. I used Kraft and Chocolate Chip CS along with printed digi papers (the label is a printed digi embellishment too) from the Color Me Crazy kit by Melissa Bennett (Sweet Shoppe). The card sketch is an old Sweet Sunday Sketch Challenge by Karen Giron (SSSC52). I finished it up by adding some messy stitching around the perimeter of the card.

Like what you've seen so far? Just leave a comment on this post and tell us at what Tropical Destination you dream of finding yourself RELAX-ing. Comment before 6:00 PM Eastern on Friday, April 23 and you'll be put in a drawing to win this set! The lucky winner will be announced at our Beach Party Release Party Friday night. And for even more chances to win some new Verve, be sure to check out the Beach Party Challenges going on in our forum! Stay tuned tomorrow for another fabulous new release spotlight!

72 comments:

  1. I've never been to Hawaii - so that would definitely be the tropical destination of my dreams!! Can't wait to see what the rest of the release has in store!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my word - first off, all the cards are fabulous and I am so in love with the card Lynda made -WOW - that is knock your socks off. For the tropical destination I would love to go to is, somewhere in the Caribbean as I would love to get married there

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hawaii is tops on my list too! My In-Laws are headed there at the end of next month, so it's been on my mind... LOVE these images! "Life is good"? Awesome!! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm dreaming of Topsail Beach in NC!! We went there for vacation last summer and are going again this summer and I can't wait!! This set rocks...thanks for the chance to win!!
    - April W

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cannot wait to see the rest of this set! We do a big family beach vacation every year at Sandbridge Beach, VA - grandparents, aunts, uncles & cousins - what a blast! Usually it falls over my youngest's birthday so these would be great to scrap the pics :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well, I'm not a beach person, since I burn so easily (very fair-skinned), so I'm not thinking of a tropical destination. I'd rather go see all those fabulous castles across Europe someday.

    As for your sneak peek, I am totally digging this set! LOVE that sun and those surfboards and palm trees! Even though I don't surf or do beachy things, I love this set! So many fun things to do with this!

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOW! All the cards are just amazing using this set and this is only day 1! Can't wait to see more. I would love to go to Hawaii someday for my tropical destination. Maybe some day it will be a dream come true. Thanks for this inspiring inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  8. These are adorable projects and I can't wait to see the whole set! Love the bright colors!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I would love to go down and visit Hawaii, never been, but I have only heard good things...or maybe Aruba...or just anywhere with sun really! I am loving what the Divas created so far, fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm so excited about this set!!! Living in Florida, this set is so perfect because everyone I know heads to the beach during the summer months:) If I could travel to a tropical destination it would be Costa Rica!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I always imagined vacationing in Hawaii on my honeymoon - didn't happen. Oh well, got the man of my dreams, which is more important than the vacation of my dreams. :) Thanks for the chance to win!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I am headed for a Bahama Cruise, so that is what I am dreaming if right now!

    ReplyDelete
  13. No one can say 'no' to this set after seeing all you divas' beachy keen creations!! Wow! Love the tropical colors and the fact that masculine cards can be made so easily!

    ReplyDelete
  14. This set is fabulous! I love the look of the sun and the tress and the relax sentiment are just perfect. The samples are wonderful! You ladies are so creative!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow, such beautiful cards. All of them used this new set in a fantastic way. I live in Florida so it is kind of a tropical destination. Went to Hawaii in l969 and it was awesome. Would love to go back. Thanks for sharing all the great inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Been to Oahu twice. Love Wakiki Beach. Would love to go back sometime.

    ReplyDelete
  17. This set takes me back to the 60's and sitting on the beach listening to the Beach Boys! Fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh goodie!! this set looks like it will be perfect for my nephews that live in FL!! Can't wait to see the whole set!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Got so excited about the set I forgot to say how gorgeous the samples were and to let you all know where I am dreaming of.....Jamaica!! I grew up there and would love to go back once again!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. What adorable cards! I am always ready to go to the California coast...any beach will do!

    ReplyDelete
  21. i would love to be relaxing in hawaii never been there but i hear it great.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Ohhh, these are fantastic! I've been to Hawaii before so I think I'd like to go to the Caribbean.

    ReplyDelete
  23. I am sure everyone has seen the TV commercials with the thatched huts that are right on the ocean complete with glass floors, private maids, chefs, and butlers, a tropic jungle paradise as your backyard...AND.... unlimited stamping supplies inside!
    PS: The cards are all beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  24. I see myself on the beaches of Southern Thailand! It's amazingly beautiful and really quite inexpensive after you have your airline ticket!

    ReplyDelete
  25. This looks like a really fun set to play with for summer themed cards! As for my dream vacation to relax...I'd love to be back on a cruise ship to the Bahamas. My husband and I went there on our honeymoon and spending all day in that gorgeous water was a dream come true and one we'd BOTH love to repeat in the not so distant future!

    ReplyDelete
  26. I was just dozing off (really, I was) when I spotted the first card. Boy, did I wake up fast. This set is simply stunning and so much fun.
    I would like to go back to Sanibel Island, Fla. Love to see the shells rushing up to me ;.
    Becky Johnson
    princes729@aol.com

    ReplyDelete
  27. Oh my I love this set!!! Absolutely must have!!! Love love love it!!
    Now to my tropical destination? I'd love to go to Maui. I'm not a big surfer but I am a big photographer so I can only dream of the amazing pictures I could take there....sigh :)

    ReplyDelete
  28. Wow - this is a beautiful set. As for tropical destinations - well, I'm not much for the tropics but I have always thought it would be nice to visit the volcanoes of Hawaii.

    ReplyDelete
  29. I am lovely the sunny, hot feel of these cards...the burst of colour is making me smile :)

    ReplyDelete
  30. ooooo- I cannot wait to see this whole set. For tropical- anywhere on a cruise (I have never been on one).

    ReplyDelete
  31. Fabulous artwork! I would love to go Hawaii but then again I'm not picky...!

    ReplyDelete
  32. All of the cards are great love that first one with the palm tree and surf boards. I think Fiji would be amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  33. Wow, ladies! You sure knocked these sneak peaks out of the park! The scenes, the sunsets... I feel like I'm on vacation already! Love that palm tree with the surfboards!

    ReplyDelete
  34. Amazing samples Divas! Those are some hot cards and all the colors are just awesome. Hawaii would be my go-to place...and I would love to see the island where LOST was produced.

    ReplyDelete
  35. WOW these cards are wonderful, love the tropical sense.

    ReplyDelete
  36. Lynda's card has me dreaming of the Caribbean again! Hubby and I went to Jamaica last summer for our 25th anniversary and I am SO ready to go again. As a matter of fact we are planning our summer trip to the Caribbean now - most likely it will be Jamaica again since you just can't beat the deals! Thanks for a chance to win!

    ReplyDelete
  37. I've been looking for a classy surf set. This is awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  38. Maui....by far. My parents go for 2 months every year now and it is so laid back and relaxing....and it is in America where you can understand everyone.

    ReplyDelete
  39. I would love to take a vacation to Hawaii or Jamacia, two very beautiful places....Gorgeous cards and plaque ladies, can't wait to see the sneak peeks tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  40. Oh, I'm dreaming of summer! This is soooo cute!

    ReplyDelete
  41. My son is talking of having a tropical destination wedding. Now that's what I'm dreaming of.... :)

    ReplyDelete
  42. I would love to go to Hawaii! There's so much to see and do there though, that I don't know if I'd have much time for relaxing LOL! I love this set--thanks for the chance to win it!

    ReplyDelete
  43. These are all looking really "cool". I can't wait to see all of them!

    ReplyDelete
  44. All the cards are truly wonderful. I loved Hawaii and would love to go back someday. The air, the water, the people, truly amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  45. Perfect timing for me. I need to scrap 2 Hawaii trips, and have been searching for some tropical stamps. Can't wait to order!

    ReplyDelete
  46. What a fantastic palm tree! I went to Hawaii in my senior year of high school and it was amazing! Anywhere tropical is so wonderful...I would love to go to Fiji and Tahiti!

    ReplyDelete
  47. Oh, what a fun set, and the DT samples are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  48. My tropical dream right now is St Thomas, US Virgin Islands. I lived there until age 13, and my hubby is planning a trip back later this year for our 25th anniversary. He was going to try to surprise me with the trip, but decided that would be too difficult a secret to keep. So...I get to help plan and anticipate! These cards are all gorgeous, as usual. Looking forward to the release, and thanks for the chance to win!

    ReplyDelete
  49. I find myself relaxing with a cool umbrella drink on the poolside in Capo. And then I wake up..LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  50. Those surf boards are super cute. They will be great for manly cards. Love the amazing Diva's samples!

    ReplyDelete
  51. Right now I dream of a return trip to Hawaii with my hubby! We went to Kauai on our honeymoon three years ago and I remember heavenly weeks of sipping lava flows by the pool and being serenaded by ukeleles. Ahh, the life! These sets bring back so many great memories!!

    ReplyDelete
  52. Right now I dream of a return trip to Hawaii with my hubby! We went to Kauai on our honeymoon three years ago and I remember heavenly weeks of sipping lava flows by the pool and being serenaded by ukeleles. Ahh, the life! These sets bring back so many great memories!!

    ReplyDelete
  53. Wow - love the sunny brightness of all of these cards! I can feel the sun rays on my face just looking at them.

    ReplyDelete
  54. I love, love, love this set. Half of my family are absolute beach heads....my brother took up surfing this summer just past (we're heading into Winter unlike you Northeners, lol) and I can't believe it took him 36 years to realise he'd be awesome at it!! I can't wait to get this set to make him some cards. xx

    ReplyDelete
  55. MelodyGal (LorieM)April 22, 2010 at 11:07 AM

    Pretty creations, Divas. Love the trees and the sun in this set.

    ReplyDelete
  56. Any warm tropical beach would be a dream destination for me. If I had to pick I think it would be somewhere in the Caribbean.

    Fabulous cards from the DT.

    ReplyDelete
  57. St. John here I come!
    Love all the colors - summer fun and yes, relaxing too!

    ReplyDelete
  58. This is a wonderful set, and the most amazing examples!! Thanks so much!! Can't wait for the release!

    ReplyDelete
  59. Wow these make me remember my trips to the beach...Would love to go to Jamaica

    ReplyDelete
  60. Oh this set looks sooooo fun; all tropical and beach-y!

    ReplyDelete
  61. This one is looking like lots of fun in the sun, not much of that here at the moment but willing to bet it will be delightful!

    ReplyDelete
  62. Awww.... vacation! This set is so relaxing! Can't wait to give it a try!

    ReplyDelete
  63. This looks like such a groovy set! I'm loving all the samples from the Divas!

    ReplyDelete
  64. These stamps are super cute and I LOVE the cards everyone has been making with them... absolutely love the bright and fresh colors!

    ReplyDelete
  65. Wow, life is good with this set! I just got back from an anniversary trip to Cabo, and I wish I was laying in the sun there right now!

    ReplyDelete
  66. Being born and raised in So. Cal I've been a beach bunny forever (and I have the sun damage to show for it - LOL). What a fun set for making cards for the 'younger set'... love all the samples.

    ReplyDelete
  67. Wow! What a great set! The samples are awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  68. I have never been to Hawaii, but love the look of these beach-inspired images. Hope I can stay at Jen's if I ever get there . . .

    ReplyDelete
  69. Feel like I am back in Hawaii and that holiday was 13 years ago!

    ReplyDelete
  70. Heather (SCS Isaiah40:31)April 23, 2010 at 3:58 PM

    Wonderful looking set! Tropical destination of my choice: I'd love to see Fiji!!! It's on our "bucket list" for sure! :)

    ReplyDelete