Wednesday, March 31, 2010

March Project Parade - Day 8

Hi everyone, it's Michelle here with my project for this month's Fun With Flowers!  Flowers and Verve go hand in hand, don't you think?  Julee has a knack for designing such GORGEOUS flowers, sigh...

I decided to make a trio of mini cards  using the small flower image from the Feel the Sun set.  Each card uses the same layout and Pink Paislee pattern paper pack (365 degrees).  Each flower was stamped on pattern paper, cut out and placed over a flourish image from the Celebration of Thoughts set. For some continuity, I stamped the top layer of each flower on the same yellow paper.

I changed each card with different bling, top paper selection and ribbons. I kept the sentiment off, so I can use them for any occasion!

 Here is a close up of one card:

And here is a detail shot of another:


As with all of our Project Parades, we've got prizes! There are two ways to win:

1. Link up your new creation (posted March 22 or later) to the Mr. Linky widget on THIS POST before Midnight on April 8th. One lucky stamper will win a $25.00 gift certificate to the Verve Store.

2. Be sure to leave the Divas a little shout out in the comments as we parade our creations inspired by this month's theme. One lucky commenter during the course of the parade (March 22 - April 7) will win his/her choice of any Verve stamp set!

Thanks for stopping by and have a great day!!

43 comments:

  1. Michelle, I love your cards. Love the flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the simplicity of these cards! Really nice!!

    sueot33@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are very cute. I love how just a slight change in colour makes each card completely unique.

    ReplyDelete
  4. love the layout - thanks for the inspiration :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those papers are YUMMY and I like this layout! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ohhh..So love this set of cards...they are just beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow...I've picked up two great ideas from your post....customizing with the 'top' paper, and leaving off the sentiment till you need it.....brilliant!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Michelle these are so adorable, luv the added flourish, very sweet!

    enjoy *~*

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love to make little sets of matching cards, and this set is fantastic! The way you changed this and that, keeping each card similar but unique, awesome! I am loving all of the flower projects!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wonderful array of cards, Michelle. Love the individual touches.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Note card sets make such wonderful gifts...great project, Michelle!

    ReplyDelete
  12. love the different coloured layers on this, Michelle...and your use of patterned paper is divine :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh my these are so cute and I love how they all look just a little different.

    ReplyDelete
  14. You are totally right about Verve and flowers; the floral stamps get a lot of use in my craft room! I love your trio of cards. It is always great to be able to mix and match elements to make quick cards by keeping the same main image and sketch. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Very pretty collection. Love the idea to leave off the sentiment until you need it. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  16. These mini cards are gorgeous! I wish I thought to make sets when I sit down to craft. It's such a good idea and it juse never occurs to me!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I just got this paper pad in the mail and I wasn't crazy about it. Now, after seeing your cards, I love it. Thanks for inspiring me.
    Peace. Becky Johnson

    ReplyDelete
  18. Michelle ,
    That is truly elegant:))

    ReplyDelete
  19. Your little cards are so cute. Versatile, too, since you will add your sentiments as needed..great idea

    ReplyDelete
  20. Absolutely beautiful! I love doing this, too - giving the same layout different papers adds interest while keeping it unified. Great for gift sets of cards, too.

    ReplyDelete
  21. What a great card set! Thanks for sharing it with us during the March Project Parade.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Love the combination of kraft paper with these lovely papers and images.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Great cards! I love the versatility with the same stamped flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  24. What a fun trio of cards.

    It's a good life!
    Terri E.

    ReplyDelete
  25. These are so pretty! I love the colors and it makes a wonderful set.

    ReplyDelete
  26. What an adorable set of cards Michelle! Love the layers and the bright colors!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Oh these are too sweet! Love the papers, the layout, and the little changes in each card.

    ReplyDelete
  28. Simply elegant card set. I do love the bling! And the colour schemes are delightful. I think I will have to use this layout sometime.

    ReplyDelete
  29. Gorgeous cards, Michelle. The design is perfect and really shows off the beautiful flower!

    ReplyDelete
  30. Wonderful layout! Fantastic colours and I love the pop in black.

    ReplyDelete
  31. These are all Wonderful! Love the layout!

    ReplyDelete
  32. Nice clean and so fun. Great job Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  33. Beautiful set of cards! I love this as a gift idea.

    ReplyDelete
  34. Very sweet set! I like the way you added just a bit of piercing and bling :>)

    ReplyDelete
  35. Such a great little set of of cards. I like how you did the flowers layered in two different colors.

    ReplyDelete
  36. Very cute!! Love the size...
    - April

    ReplyDelete