During the holiday season, we often want to thank so many people around us for all of their service and hard work all year long (like the mailman, the hair stylist, etc.) and its nice to have some gift card holders on hand! So our challenge to you is to create a gift card holder of your own. You can create a gift card holder for birthdays, as a thank you, for anniversaries, for the holidays - whatever theme you would like! We are enclosing some links to some gift card making tutorials to help get your mojo going!
Tutorial 1 Link
Tutorial 2 Link
Tutorial 3 Link
Designed by Jen Tapler
I made 2 sample gift card holders. This first is a simple 4x4 card folded in half and uses both the Thankful Hearts and Thankful Accents sets. The inside card has two slits cut in it for the gift card to slide into:
Here is the second sample with the sentiment, "You're So Sweet" from the Thankful Accents set:
Simple instructions for this holder:
- Cut cardstock to 4 1/4 x 7 inches, Score at 1 1/2 and 4 1/2 inches (along the 7-inch side), Fold 1 1/2 inch section in and use brads to adhere to middle section - forming the gift card "pocket".
- Fold remaining "flap" over the top and use either ribbon, velcro, or something else creative to hold it closed!
Designed by Sankari Wegman
Hi everyone! I also made two sample gift cards. The first one uses the new Thankful Hearts set and is an A2 card with a top note die cut that I folded in half and attached to the front of the card. I made a little pocket in it and created a detachable note that can hold a gift card). When you take the note out of the folder you can open up the inside of it to reveal the gift card:
This was such a fun and easy card and I couldn't wait to create another one :) This gift card is a die cut of a trifold card that has a half a heart on either side that when closed looks like heart. I created a little pocket inside for the gift card and decorated the outside with one of my fave sentiments from Thankful Hearts: "You Touched My Heart" - here is a view of it and when you open it up - on the inside of the heart it says "You are too Kind":
To play along, just make a new gift card or money holder for any occasion. Post a picture of your creation online and link us to it using the Mr. Linky widget below. Enter by 10pm Mountain on Monday, 11/30 for a chance to win a $25 gift certificate to Verve!
Here are the rules, they're pretty easy:
- Each entry must be unique and new
- Please do not combine any of today's 5 blog party challenges
- You may combine with any other types of challenges (SCS, blogs, etc)
- Verve stamps are NOT required
- If possible, please link back to this post when you upload your creation
- Have fun!