Friday, August 14, 2009

Sneak Peek Preview - Day 4: Delightful and Delicious and A Cup of Life

Hi everyone, it's Michelle bringing you Day 4 of the Sneak Peeks and RELEASE DAY! Please join us at the Verve Release Party tonight 8pm Eastern time. Today Tosh, Amy, Sankari and I are sharing projects using Delightful and Delicious and A Cup of Life!

First up the lovely Diva Tosh:

I can't tell you how excited I am for this months Verve releases. They are all fabulous as you've seen already with the previous sneak peeks. Well, I have one more to show you and it's my favorite!! I love coffee and tea, and I love shabby and elegant. So when I saw these two sets, I was in love. Coffee and tea!! Woo-Hoo!!

I chose to make a 3 x 3 Notecard set of 4 with a matching box. The box template was designed by Andrea Walford. You can find the template HERE. I framed the images with a Rectangle Nestabilities die, and used a very favorite paper of mine; Periphery (Basicgrey), matted with Birchtone Light and Dark (Prismatics). I also added some Spring Rain Twill (PTI), SU! Buttons, and stitching. All the edges were ink distressed with Frayed Burlap (Ranger Distress) and my trusty fingernail. *grin*

From the fabulous Diva Amy:

I've been secretly hoping for Verve-style coffee and tea sets, so I'm thrilled to see both A Cup of Life and Delightful & Delicious as part of this month's release. The images in these sets are such a delightful blend (no pun intended) of whimsy and elegance. I love my new photopolymer coffee and tea almost as much as my real-life drinkable versions, and that's saying something!

For my peek project, I've used A Cup of Life to make a gift set that includes a tea box and matching card. I used a box I had on hand as a template, which ended up being more or less a modified 2-5-7-10 box. For the matching card, I created a large tea cup using Spellbinders dies (a large circle cut in half for the cup, the very tip of a Labels 4 for the pedestal, and a flourish die for the handle). The tea bag tag and the steam are done with images from A Cup of Life. Hope you're enjoying our week of Anni-VERVE-sary fun and the peeks at all these wonderful new sets. Hope to see you at the release party tonight!

From the amazing Guest Diva Sankari:

Hi Everyone!! I am so excited to be part of this fantabulous release!!! I literally jumped up and down and clapped my hands in delight when Julee asked me to if I wanted to be a guest designer for this month's release!!! And as soon as I saw all of these stamps - one word: THUD!!! WOWie!!! They are each gorgeous! I have to say that my heart did a little pitter patter as soon as I saw the A Cup of Life/Delightful & Delicious sets - my head was just swimming in possibilities!

I wanted to make something fun and happy so I created a little scallop border with the different color teacups and a "bright copper kettle" :) on the side. The tea pot is stamped on a sheet of copper with some Stazon black and then popped up on dimensionals. It was so much fun to create this little card and I can't wait to create more with these delicious sets - there are so many possiblites for every occaision! I am so glad that Julee has created this set because it is simply the cutest teapot/cup stamps with the most delicious sayings and sentiments that can be so easily interchanged with each other. I love how Julee creates stamp sets that all work together and separately.

Its been an absolute joy to be a part of this wonderful release!! A huge heartfelt thank you to Julee and the Diva-licious Verve DT for this lovely chance to be with such lovely artistes!!!

And from me, Diva Michelle:

It's no secret that I love coffee and coffee sets! I about fell out of my chair when I saw the amazing coffee and tea sets Julee designed! Seriously, they have a bit of everything -great sentiments, cups, teapots and various steam/swirl images. Sheer perfection I tell ya.

I used the Delightful and Delicious set for this card. I kept this one pretty simple and allowed the sentiment, gorgeous cups and ribbon do all the work! The steam is stamped in VersaMark for a subtle effect. The dreamy green striped May Arts ribbon with a large purple button really help show off the stripes in the cups.

Don't forget about all the Diva Giveaways going on in the Verve Forums on SCS there's lots of chances to win Verve prizes! There is STILL time!!

AND, one lucky commenter today will be put in a drawing to win more Verve Goodies! So be sure to tell us what you like about today's sets before 6pm Eastern to qualify! All the winners will be announced during our release party tonight! Thanks for stopping by and we'll see you there!