Friday, August 14, 2009

Sneak Peek Preview - Day 4: Delightful and Delicious and A Cup of Life

Hi everyone, it's Michelle bringing you Day 4 of the Sneak Peeks and RELEASE DAY! Please join us at the Verve Release Party tonight 8pm Eastern time. Today Tosh, Amy, Sankari and I are sharing projects using Delightful and Delicious and A Cup of Life!

First up the lovely Diva Tosh:

I can't tell you how excited I am for this months Verve releases. They are all fabulous as you've seen already with the previous sneak peeks. Well, I have one more to show you and it's my favorite!! I love coffee and tea, and I love shabby and elegant. So when I saw these two sets, I was in love. Coffee and tea!! Woo-Hoo!!

I chose to make a 3 x 3 Notecard set of 4 with a matching box. The box template was designed by Andrea Walford. You can find the template HERE. I framed the images with a Rectangle Nestabilities die, and used a very favorite paper of mine; Periphery (Basicgrey), matted with Birchtone Light and Dark (Prismatics). I also added some Spring Rain Twill (PTI), SU! Buttons, and stitching. All the edges were ink distressed with Frayed Burlap (Ranger Distress) and my trusty fingernail. *grin*

From the fabulous Diva Amy:

I've been secretly hoping for Verve-style coffee and tea sets, so I'm thrilled to see both A Cup of Life and Delightful & Delicious as part of this month's release. The images in these sets are such a delightful blend (no pun intended) of whimsy and elegance. I love my new photopolymer coffee and tea almost as much as my real-life drinkable versions, and that's saying something!

For my peek project, I've used A Cup of Life to make a gift set that includes a tea box and matching card. I used a box I had on hand as a template, which ended up being more or less a modified 2-5-7-10 box. For the matching card, I created a large tea cup using Spellbinders dies (a large circle cut in half for the cup, the very tip of a Labels 4 for the pedestal, and a flourish die for the handle). The tea bag tag and the steam are done with images from A Cup of Life. Hope you're enjoying our week of Anni-VERVE-sary fun and the peeks at all these wonderful new sets. Hope to see you at the release party tonight!

From the amazing Guest Diva Sankari:

Hi Everyone!! I am so excited to be part of this fantabulous release!!! I literally jumped up and down and clapped my hands in delight when Julee asked me to if I wanted to be a guest designer for this month's release!!! And as soon as I saw all of these stamps - one word: THUD!!! WOWie!!! They are each gorgeous! I have to say that my heart did a little pitter patter as soon as I saw the A Cup of Life/Delightful & Delicious sets - my head was just swimming in possibilities!

I wanted to make something fun and happy so I created a little scallop border with the different color teacups and a "bright copper kettle" :) on the side. The tea pot is stamped on a sheet of copper with some Stazon black and then popped up on dimensionals. It was so much fun to create this little card and I can't wait to create more with these delicious sets - there are so many possiblites for every occaision! I am so glad that Julee has created this set because it is simply the cutest teapot/cup stamps with the most delicious sayings and sentiments that can be so easily interchanged with each other. I love how Julee creates stamp sets that all work together and separately.

Its been an absolute joy to be a part of this wonderful release!! A huge heartfelt thank you to Julee and the Diva-licious Verve DT for this lovely chance to be with such lovely artistes!!!

And from me, Diva Michelle:

It's no secret that I love coffee and coffee sets! I about fell out of my chair when I saw the amazing coffee and tea sets Julee designed! Seriously, they have a bit of everything -great sentiments, cups, teapots and various steam/swirl images. Sheer perfection I tell ya.

I used the Delightful and Delicious set for this card. I kept this one pretty simple and allowed the sentiment, gorgeous cups and ribbon do all the work! The steam is stamped in VersaMark for a subtle effect. The dreamy green striped May Arts ribbon with a large purple button really help show off the stripes in the cups.

Don't forget about all the Diva Giveaways going on in the Verve Forums on SCS there's lots of chances to win Verve prizes! There is STILL time!!

AND, one lucky commenter today will be put in a drawing to win more Verve Goodies! So be sure to tell us what you like about today's sets before 6pm Eastern to qualify! All the winners will be announced during our release party tonight! Thanks for stopping by and we'll see you there!

61 comments:

  1. Love these sets and the beautiful diva cards!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, didn't expect to be first!!! These are gorgeous images for tea and coffee and, and.....! Can't wait to see them in full.

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are awesome! I love the sentiments too (as I sit here drinking my "fix" complete with cinnamon vanilla creamer). You guys are such an inspiration...see 'ya tonight!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the coffee/tea set! Ideas are running in my mind already!
    Congrat's on another Verve hit!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh I want this one!. I just love it. Its just so cute! What a great way to let someone know you are thinking about them!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I NEEEEED a great coffee set - looks like Verve will fill that need. Can't wait to see the rest of it! Great job - love the copper kettle - so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  7. OMG ... this coffee set is a cup of joy for sure ... a MUST have!!! And the card creations are just gorgeous!! HOPE HOPE HOPE you pick me ... but one way or the other this set will be a part of my collection ... LOVE IT !!

    ReplyDelete
  8. i don't know which are better, the images or the sentiments! i can envision using this set in so many different ways -- thanks for creating this fabulous set, Julee :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am not a tea or coffee drinker... but I do know some who are! These sets are just too cute! Love them and the DT is doing their job perfectly because I didn't think I needed these until I saw what beautiful work they did with them!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very nice set!! Love the cards divas!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I have been looking for a tea/coffee set with cups that I like. Can't wait to see the whole set. Looks like it might have to come home with me.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Awesome projects!! These new sets look fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love the coffee and tea set! In particular, the last sentiment about behind every woman, sooo true! Can't wait to see what the rest of the Divas did with this set!

    ReplyDelete
  14. These are ALL awesome!!! LOVE these!! Can't wait to see more!

    ReplyDelete
  15. WOW what a beauty of a set! These samples are amazing!!! I love the coffee cups! Those are so adorable!!! Thanks for the chance to win!
    Hugs~ Kim

    ReplyDelete
  16. I thought I could resist the new releases. Now I'm not so sure. LOVE both of the sets and can't wait to see them in full!

    ReplyDelete
  17. oh my gosh! I love the sentiment on Michelle's card! perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love the coffee side of things. My son pretty much knows if Momma doesn't get her coffee then he has a grumpy momma on his hands!

    ReplyDelete
  19. What an adorable teapot and teacup set! Love the stripes on these - so many design possibilities!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Gotta love this set and sentiments!!!! Beautiful projects.....WOW!!! See ya tonight.

    Shelly
    Manitoba, Canada

    ReplyDelete
  21. Oh, I love coffee sets! All gorgeous samples...Michelle, I love the big ribbon! I've shied away from that one, but may need to get some seeing your gorgeous card :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. Gorgeous cards and project....I'm a tea drinker, so very excited about this set....You're AWESOME Julee!!!

    ReplyDelete
  23. I am loving the Verve take on coffee and tea! The images looks amazing, as always, and the sentiments look lovely. I love Verve can put a spin on something so simple, great job ladies with the sneaks! I can not wait for the full release this evening and the party! Woo-Hoo!

    ReplyDelete
  24. WOO, WOO, another fabulous stamp set!!! Can't wait!

    ReplyDelete
  25. I am so excited! I have been looking for a tea set that included both the teapot and cups and now I have found treasure!! You have even included steam and a tea bag tag! The font is just lovely! I love the vintage whimsy look of it! Truly delightful! Thankfully I only have to wait just a few short hours before I see the whole set! Thank you for sharing all the gorgeous cards!

    Andrea McCulley
    prayalways421@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  26. Very nice! Looking forward to tonight!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  27. So excited for this set! Tea cups hold a specail palce in my heart reminding me of a cup of tea with my grandmother... this set looks fabulous...gorgeous examples! And I love that fab green striped ribbon on Michelle's purple card too!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Love these funky coffee cups. Great samples yet again ladies. Can't wait to see the rest of the set tonite.

    ReplyDelete
  29. I love that this features a sentiment about tea and not just coffee for us tea drinkers! Sankari's multicolor tea cups strip is gorgeous, as is Michelle's striped ribbon and bow. Fabulous job! As always, I can't wait to see the entire lineup :)

    ReplyDelete
  30. Tea and coffee sets!!! My daughter will be thrilled. Can't wait to see these!

    ReplyDelete
  31. I absolutely love this set...tea stamps..yummmmm

    ReplyDelete
  32. Another great job ladies. Love all the cards with the new sets. Looking forward to seeing the rest tonight!!

    ReplyDelete
  33. I just love these. My coffee wakes me up and my tea gets me ready for bed. Perfect opener and closer. The stamps are PERFECT!!!

    ReplyDelete
  34. This is a must have set. I just love all the inspiring eye candy with this set. Really enjoying all the fun with this celebration. Thanks for all the hard work everyone put into this celebration.

    ReplyDelete
  35. WOW - I didn't think it was possible to add more Verve sets to my can't live without list - but I was wrong. These fabulous sneak peaks (especially tea and coffee) are now at the top of my MUST HAVE list.
    Have fun at the release tonight (I'll be lurking at work).
    Can't wait to see the full reveal!

    Marianne

    ReplyDelete
  36. Amazing artwork ladies! This set looks like so much fun! I don't own any coffee/tea sets...yet!!

    ReplyDelete
  37. All the cards are beautiful and the set looks like fun! I like the way the guest designer made a border by flip flopping the cups - too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  38. This looks to be an absolutely fabulous set! Love all of the samples and really getting excited about the big party!
    I think I really need this set since my blog name is botanical cafe...

    ReplyDelete
  39. What a beautiful set - the designs on the cups are awesome! The cards are also terrific and beautiful. Thanks for the chance to win this fantastic set. Glenda

    ReplyDelete
  40. What a great set!!! I love the little tea kettle, so cute!!!

    ReplyDelete
  41. Just when I thought this Release couldn't get any better . . . you knock my socks off -- again!!!

    ReplyDelete
  42. YIPEEE!!! I had been humming and hawing about picking up some coffee and tea stamp sets. It's like Julee you read our minds!! Fabulous, just love it! Can't wait 'til tonight!

    Hugs

    ~Spike

    ReplyDelete
  43. Oooh, I love this set as I'm a coffee lover and know my fellow teachers would appreciate it. Can't wait for the release!

    ReplyDelete
  44. GORGEOUS!!!! Love the green and Purple that big bow is Awesome...Great projects!

    ReplyDelete
  45. These are all absolutely amazing!! Love all the thought and attention to detail put into each one! You all are definitely DIVAS!!!

    ReplyDelete
  46. I love these two sets - images, fonts and all! Great samples! :)

    ReplyDelete
  47. Great cards and projects ladies. Love these sets. Coffee and teas sets are so versitile. I desparately need a set like this.

    ReplyDelete
  48. Wowza this is gorgeous...got to get this set.....too!!!! Happy for me....bad for wallet.

    ReplyDelete
  49. Beautiful samples with today's sets! I am a diet Coke drinker rather than tea or coffee, but these are FUN... Looking forward to the release!

    ReplyDelete
  50. I thought Amy's card was very unique using the sentiment from the new set and making a cup from different nestabilities. I have several "coffee/tea" stamp sets and I love them all. One more can't hurt....

    ReplyDelete
  51. More awesome new sets - love my coffee so this is great. Incredible projects by the DT as usual!

    ReplyDelete
  52. What a cute set! Love it!!! The design team rocks again!

    ReplyDelete
  53. How adorable is THIS??? I absolutely love this and the projects are so snappy and fun!

    ReplyDelete
  54. All the sets shown this week are wonderful and this is no exception.

    ReplyDelete
  55. Everything Julie designs is just incredible. I'm already imagining the cards, giftcard holders & presents I could make with these.

    ReplyDelete
  56. I'm so bummed I'm 3 and a half hours late to find out about this ... LOVE those stamps!

    ReplyDelete
  57. amazing projects, ladies! you've all done a fabulous job showcasing these sets!

    ReplyDelete