Monday, June 15, 2009

Project Parade - Day 8

Woohoo! It's my turn to share my project for this month's Project Parade "It's a Guy Thing"! I happen to be sharing my house with lots of guys (my DH and three wonderful sons) so this was a great opportunity for me to make something for them! My middle son Bryan (who is 5), came to me the other day and told me how "pretty I stamp...and could I please make him something sometime". Talk about a heart melter! Well, as I sat down to make him a little "something", I realized that I couldn't make something for just one of my boys...so that is how this little "treat trifecta" came to be! :-)



I just love the new Sweet on You set!! The sentiments are so clever and perfect for little treat containers! These actually came together SO quickly!! I found some amazing templates online (I'll share the links in just a second), printed them out on to colorful c.s., added some stars (made with the Seeing Stars set, punches, & Star Nestabilities) and the coordinating sentiment tags! That's it! I could not believe how easy these were...and I plan on making more for upcoming birthday parties!! Oooh, wouldn't these make fun party favors??!? :-) So fun!

All three templates are from Splitcoast Stampers! You can find the Fry Box HERE, the Sweet Treats Surprise Box HERE, & the Acetate Box HERE.

So, how would you like to play along with us? Do you have a special guy in your life (Dad, Husband, Grandpa, etc...) that you'd like to create a project for? This is the time to do it!
To play along, just make a project or card that fits your style and celebrates a man in your life. Verve Stamps are not required, but if you've got 'em we love to see 'em! Then just add a link to your creation to the Mr. Linky form in --->{THIS}<--- post before 8PM Mountain on Saturday, June 20. Two lucky participants will win a stamp set of their choice from the Verve Store. We've also hidden another $25 gift certificate somewhere along the parade for a random commenter. So if you like what you see, be sure and give a little shout out in the comments of each post! Have fun and good luck!

36 comments:

  1. This is SO much fun! The bright colors, the use of these fun templates! I just love it all!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the colors that you chose. Great ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  3. SO CUTE! I love the colors. What a fun treat.

    ReplyDelete
  4. How cute! I bet they just love them! Are you going to let them eat all the candy??? LOL!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. How adorable is that request, and how could you turn it down?? LOL These are awesome, girl!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those are really cute! I find my 3yo daughter asking me for things, especially when I am stamping something "cupcake" or "butterfly".

    ReplyDelete
  7. Laurie, these are SO SO sweet! Love your projects!

    ReplyDelete
  8. YUMMY treats! You've made them look so inviting! The guys in your home are going to love these!

    ReplyDelete
  9. this is yummy! And the way to a man's heart... great project!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Cute, cute, cute! I love the bright colors!

    ReplyDelete
  11. love the bright colors! :D

    ReplyDelete
  12. I almost forgot to come back to the blog to see the parade after the weekend... How forgetful of me! I am glad I came back because these treats are just too perfect! Thank you for sharing the template sites as well. Your colors and details are great and I just love this stamp set too. I have used it a few times already! TFS

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love the colourful projects! So fun!

    Melisa Hunter

    ReplyDelete
  14. Sweet story... sweet projects! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Those are so cute and fun! I love it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Laurie, this are wonderful, I love the bright, fun colors that you chose. Someone is going to be very happy to receive one of these

    ReplyDelete
  17. Such a great idea for your boys. Love the boxes and colors you used.
    Louise

    ReplyDelete
  18. This is sweet enough to eat :) What a cute idea!

    ReplyDelete
  19. So cute - my sons have a Birthday coming up next month and those boxes would be perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Oh how sweet that your little boy asked you to make something for him! Love all your little packages!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Yum! Yum! I love this party bag idea. Very cute!

    ReplyDelete
  22. So cute!! I love the acetate box...definitely is a great party favor!

    ReplyDelete
  23. love the treat trifecta!! i'm gonna go look at the templates myself, such a great idea, thanks for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete
  24. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  25. It's very late/early and this project set is looking REALLY good to me right now. LOL

    I love, love, love the Verve set (now that I know about the clever factor) and your colorful packaging is perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  26. These are so cute. Love the ideas and the bright colors.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Cute projects! Don't you just love when they say something sweet like that! Makes it all worthwhile :)

    ReplyDelete
  28. How cute are these? and such fun colors too!

    ReplyDelete
  29. too cute - i love the colors and sentiments :)

    ReplyDelete
  30. these are all just way too cute.

    ReplyDelete
  31. These are so fun, Laurie! What a great assortment! :)

    ReplyDelete
  32. What a sweet idea and ther colors rock1

    ReplyDelete
  33. I LOVE the treat trifecta -- how bright and cheery!

    ReplyDelete
  34. These are so bright and cheery. Now I need to make some for my dad. He loves M&M Peanuts....perfect package...thanks for the idea

    ReplyDelete