Friday, May 22, 2009

Sneak Preview - Day 3

Happy Friday, Verve Fans! It's Shannan here, wavin' howdy from Texas. Today is the final day of the Sneak Previews for our May Release, and boy, did we save the best for last! Ok, well at least my favorite, anyway. *wink* We have previews for two more sets today - Up, Up & Away and Dare to Be You, both of which will be available to order tonight (May 22nd) after the Release Party in the Verve Forum. Let's get the eye candy started, shall we?


From Diva Lynda Benden:

Oh my gosh, can I tell you how much I LOVE the NEW Up, Up and Away set?!?!? When I saw it, I immediately thought how perfect bright, primary colors would look on the balloons and then I started my card and ended up using blue and brown!!! LOL!!! I will definitely use primary colors in the future but for today’s Father’s Day card, the blue and brown are perfect! I wanted a masculine feel so I pulled out one of my favorite SU! DP collections, Parisian Breeze. I used the Baja Breeze, Chocolate Chip and Whisper White CS that matched the striped DP. The layout is from Julee’s Mojo Monday sketch #87. The tree (I stamped it one time and then masked it in order to stamp the second), the clouds (stamped using Baja Breeze ink and then I added fine clear Martha Stewart glitter) and hot air balloon (balloon was paper pieced, basket colored with Prismacolor pencils) are ALL included in the new Up, Up and Away set! On the inside, I added the NEW Plain Jane ~ Happy Father’s Day sentiment using Chocolate Chip ink.


From Diva Jackie Pedro:

I may sound like a broken record, but Julee has done it again with these fabulous new sets! For today's card I used the new set Up, Up and Away along with a sentiment from Dare To Be You. I used just ONE of the Three hot air balloons from the set! Not only is this set beautiful, but I think it is also whimsical at the same time. I really wanted to capture the whimsical nature of this set so I used some fun papers to get the look I wanted. This set would be perfect for so many occasions....graduation, birthdays, thinking of you....the possibilities are really endless!


From Diva Amy Sheffer:

I'm especially excited to preview Up, Up & Away! A while back I was browsing home decor catalogs when a trio of hot air balloon wall hangings caught my eye. There was something so sweet and magical about the balloons, and, as we stampers so often do, I thought "wouldn't that make a cute stamp?" I shared the idea with the Divas, and Julee ran with it. I don't know how she does it, but once again, she's created a set with the perfect balance between whimsy and elegance. I couldn't be happier with "my" hot air balloons! This set will be perfect for so many occasions - congratulations, pick-me-up, encouragement, even baby and travel. The other set we're previewing today is Dare to Be You. The title sentiment, Dare to Be You, jumped out at me as a fantastic message for a new graduate. Paired with the balloons, it makes a great send-off for someone entering "the real world"! If only life were always blue skies and smooth sailing (or should I say smooth floating?). I hope you'll fall for these two sets every bit as much as I have!

From Diva Shannan Teubner:

Sometimes when you see a stamp set, a special little magic happens...your mind immediately sees exactly what you want to create with it. That's what happened when I saw Up, Up and Away. I could picture a group of balloons floating through the air together, so I thought I'd create that scene on paper. All it took was a little masking (save those masks...you can re-use them!), coloring, liquid applique, and voila! Exactly how I pictured it. I didn't want the card to be too fussy, so I let the images and colors do all the work here. The sentiment from Sweet on You went with it just perfectly. I love the time and effort that Julee takes to make all of her sets so versatile. I can see using these balloons for all sorts of occasions!



So, how would you like to win these two new Verve sets? We have one of each set (Up, Up & Away and Dare to Be You) to give away to one lucky reader! All you have to do is leave a comment with your answer to the following question before 8 PM Eastern on Friday, May 22nd!

What is the most adventurous thing you've done with your family?

We hope you'll join us for the release party tonight, May 22nd at 9pm Eastern in the Verve Forum. The sets will be shown in their entirety during the party, and afterwards will be available to order from The Verve Store. We hope see you there!