Friday, March 27, 2009

{Project Parade - Day 8} Egg Holders!

Hi Everyone! It's finally my turn here on the parade route. Aren't the Divas just blowing you away with their cool Egg-stra Special Spring projects? When Jen first approached me with this month's theme, I knew exactly what I wanted to make.

One of my favorite Easter traditions growing up was lining up all the beautifully colored Easter eggs on the little punch-out cardboard things that come with the Easter egg dye kits. I especially loved the ones with cute little characters, so I thought I'd put my grown-up crafty spin on a beloved childhood tradition.



I started these little eggholders by cutting two strips of coordinating papers. For this project, I used printed papers from the digi In the Meadow Collab by Sugarplum Paperie and MGL Studios. The bottom strip I cut 1 1/2" tall by 5 3/8" wide. I then punched it with the Stampin' Up! scallop edge punch. (If you're not using a border punch, just adjust the measurement to 1 1/4" tall) For the top strip I used a 3/4" tall x 6" wide strip and glued them together with one end flush. Then to form the egg holder, I just added sticky strip to the back of the overhanging piece and looped it around so the two ends of the bottom strip met to form a circle.



Next I stamped the bunny from Chocolate Bunnies and colored with Copic markers. For a little extra pizazz, I doodled in some designs on the eggs and added the Hoppy Easter sentiment in the largest egg. I trimmed out the image and added it to the front of the egg holder with dimensionals. Since it's a little early to dye Easter eggs, I decided to go with some plastic ones for the photo. I filled mine with some Cadbury mini eggs for treats for my nephews, but I think they would also make super cute place cards for Easter dinner. To attach the tags, I simply pierced through the top of each plastic egg with a paper piercer then knotted two strips of ribbon and pulled the open ends through the hole. The tag is cut with the Tags 5 Nestabilities and I stamped sentiments from Chocolate Bunnies on them, but you could easily add a name instead. Then I just threaded the ribbons through the hole in the tag and tied a bow. Easy, breezy beautiful!

So do you want some new Verve??? Play along with us during our Project Parade for a chance to win a $25 gift certificate to the Verve Stamps store. All you have to do is create an egg-stra special spring project or card and link it up with the Mr. Linky form HERE. Entries will close at 8PM Mountain on Saturday, April 4! Verve Stamps are not required, but we do LOVE to see 'em if you've got 'em!

And there are still three random commenters who'll be drawn throughout the rest of the parade to win their choice of any Verve Stamps set! You never know which Diva will be drawing, so if you see a project you like, be sure to leave the girls some love! :) Good luck and thanks for stopping by!

48 comments:

  1. What an absolutely adorable idea! My youngest son loves to make things like placecards for our family dinners and this would be great. I have some clear plastic eggs that we could fill with jelly beans that would be a fun treat for everybody. LOVE this idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. super cute - would make great placecard settings!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! I think one word sums it up: Awesome! I think I'll have to make these for our table at Easter.

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are so cute! I love the doodles on the eggs! Very creative :o)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cute egg holders. I think I might try something like this for my 5 year old son. He would love them.

    ReplyDelete
  6. How adorable. Now I must go try this. Super cute for our Easter table setting!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cute, cute, cute! Why didn't I think of that! Thanks for all of the great ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a cute, easy project. I think I'll make some with the kids :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is a FANTASTIC idea! SOOOO fun! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Those digipapers are so pretty and make the project look so spring-y. I need to look at those nesties, too!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh I do remember those punch outs so well. I love that you made your own.

    thanks much

    ReplyDelete
  12. I will have to attempt these with my boys - super cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh these are way too cute. Diva's you are doing some wonderful projects. Thanks for all the ideas! Wow.

    ReplyDelete
  14. As soon as I saw these I thought, perfect placecards for the Easter table. Now I see everyone else thought that too. Guess it was a good idea. Love it!!!!! Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Cute idea! My kids love those little cardboard egg holders too- maybe I'll surprise them with hand made ones this year!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Those are super cute! I actually thought about those little egg holders that come in the PAAS kits, but did not make them. I love how you dressed up the egg even!!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. These are sooo cute! And so easy too! What a great idea, TFS!

    Robin

    ReplyDelete
  18. CUTE!!!

    It's a good life!
    Terri E.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wow, these are absolutely adorable!!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. what a fabulous idea! Love it! Can't wait to decorate eggs myself:)

    ReplyDelete
  21. LOL---I had totally forgotten about those egg holders. Great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  22. These are just so cute! Love that bunny!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Oh wow, I love these! Thanks for the tutorial :)

    ReplyDelete
  24. THis is just so fun and cute! A great craft idea to do with the kids for sure :)

    ReplyDelete
  25. How adorable! I used to love the egg holders, too!

    ReplyDelete
  26. This is such a cute wrap for the plastic eggs. I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  27. I just love this, these would be great to make for my students.

    ReplyDelete
  28. These are adorable! What a great way to use this stamp!

    ReplyDelete
  29. So adorable and festive...I would have never thought to use this set like this. I LOVE it!!

    ReplyDelete
  30. very cute - i'm loving all the great ideas :)

    ReplyDelete
  31. Adorable egg holders!! You ladies are just all so talented and creative! :)

    ReplyDelete
  32. I LOVE these! the Bunnies are sooo cute!

    ReplyDelete
  33. These are so cute! I love the doodling on the egggs- what a nice touch!

    ReplyDelete
  34. What a great project - I used to love putting those holders together! Thanks for sharing - great job! Kris, Wadsworth, OH

    ReplyDelete
  35. Very crafty; this is a great Easter project!

    ReplyDelete
  36. What a fun month of incredible artwork!

    ReplyDelete
  37. What a super cute project! Thanks for including directions. :)

    ReplyDelete
  38. What an adorable and cute project, Julee! So creative : )

    ReplyDelete
  39. This is such a sweet simple idea. I never even thought of such a thing! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  40. these are so very cute....they make me smile...so fun! *~*

    ReplyDelete
  41. Cute egg holders! You are so creative. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  42. Love this idea for a table place card! So cute!!!

    ReplyDelete
  43. Such a cute project!! This would be so much fun for the kids too!

    ReplyDelete