Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Project Parade - Day 6

Hello and welcome to Day 6 of the Egg-stra Special Spring Project Parade! Before I get started I’d like to announce one of our random winners!

Tricia, come on down! You’re the lucky winner of any Verve Stamps set of your choice (up to $24 value)! Congrats Tricia! Please send an email to info@vervestamps.com with your set choice and shipping address to claim your prize!

Now back to your regularly scheduled Project Parade. Can you believe the amazing projects the divas have shown you so far? When Jen told us the theme for this month, I knew exactly what I wanted to do. I saw these pieces that Keri Lee Sereika did in person back in February, and I've been itching to try my hand at them.  Whaddyathink?
And she was right....it was super easy! First, I cut a piece of cardstock to fit inside the necklace blank, and then I stamped the image from Miracles Blossom onto it in Brilliance Graphite Black. After coloring the image with Copic markers, I sponged the edges with Close to Cocoa ink to distress it a bit. Once that was done, I glued the image down into the blank and filled it up with Ranger's Crackle Accents. I had to come back a few times to "refill" because the glue shrinks as it starts to dry, but after a good night's rest it was dry and beautifully cracked like you see here! I am still pretty tickled with it...I hope you like it, too. :)

So do you want some new Verve??? Play along with us during our Project Parade for a chance to win a $25 gift certificate to the Verve Stamps store. All you have to do is create an egg-stra special spring project and link it up with the Mr. Linky form HERE. Entries will close at 8PM Mountain on Saturday, April 4! Verve Stamps are not required, but we do LOVE to see 'em if you got 'em!


And to put a little spring in your step, we'll be picking five random commenters over the course of the parade who will win their choice of any Verve Stamps set. You never know which Diva will be drawing, so if you see a project you like, be sure to leave the girls some love! :) Good luck and have a fabulous day!

50 comments:

  1. Oh my word! That is adorable! I love it!!! It sounds like it was pretty easy to make, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is absolutly adorable! Wow, the things that Ranegr makes...
    And I love that flower stamp! TFS

    Robin

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is just so pretty and elegant! I love it, amazing job with this project.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Really lovely piece. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a beautiful piece. I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a quick, creative & lovely piece of artwork! Fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  7. How very pretty and you made that sound outright easy peasy!

    ReplyDelete
  8. VERY pretty! How fun!

    ReplyDelete
  9. It's gorgeous! And I never would have guessed you used glue!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is beautiful Shannon! What a great use of your stamps!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is such a stunning necklace. I have never used the Ranger's Crackle Accents before but I think I might just have to give this idea a try.

    thanks much

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is so pretty! I love the cracked glass look!

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is neat. I have been wanting to try this also.

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is gorgeous Shannan! I'd love to know where to find these blanks! I'm so inspired by all your work! Thanks for sharing your talent!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Too cute! I never think to do jewerly.

    It's a good life!
    Terri E.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow, gorgeous pendant! I love the Crackle Accents.

    ReplyDelete
  17. WOW!! ABsolutely gorgeous!! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  18. This is so cool! I have to try it myself! :D

    ReplyDelete
  19. Very, very cool! Those flowers are perfect for the necklace!

    ReplyDelete
  20. This is amazing Shannon! I love it, now I must try it! Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  21. First of all, super cool project! Secondly - Yay!!!!!! I won!!! :) Thank you so much!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  22. I love this necklace & I'm gonna try it someday!


    someday....

    ReplyDelete
  23. I just love your necklace, simple but yet elegant. I definitly have to try making one for my friends at work. Thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  24. this is too cool! i think i'll have to try this crackle stuff :)

    ReplyDelete
  25. what a beautiful handmade gift. i have never used the crackle accent. must go get some;)

    ReplyDelete
  26. Oh my goodness, that is just so pretty!

    Jennifer

    ReplyDelete
  27. I love this! I've been wanting to try one for ages, but haven't been able to find the supplies locally.

    ReplyDelete
  28. I love this!! I have tried stamping jewelry, but never with crackliness!! Great project--I may have to try this out. :)

    ReplyDelete
  29. What an awesome project! This turned out beautifully!

    ReplyDelete
  30. what a lovely necklace - I've been wanting to try this technique for awhile but it was low on the priority list. Now it's been bumped up. :)

    ReplyDelete
  31. Beautiful! I love the crackle look. It gives a new piece of jewelry that vintage feel. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  32. Oh my GOODNESS that is gorgeous! and what a fun technique, thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  33. This is gorgeous. Beautiful piece of jewelry!

    ReplyDelete
  34. oh my! This is stunning! What a beautiful piece of jewelry!

    ReplyDelete
  35. this would be a great project for my kids to make for Grandma - thanks for the wonderful idea!

    ReplyDelete
  36. This is definitely cute. It's amazing what you can make on your own these days. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  37. OMGosh this is soo cool! I can't wait to try one myself!

    ReplyDelete
  38. That is one gorgeous piece of jewelry!

    ReplyDelete
  39. I have never seen anything like this, what a wonderful idea! It would make a great present.

    ReplyDelete
  40. OOOOOO! This is gorgeous and it does sound easy. Thanks for sharing the how-to.

    ReplyDelete
  41. This is adorable.........I have to hunt down a bunny now!

    ReplyDelete
  42. Oh that is really beautiful - what a neat idea.

    ReplyDelete