Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Project Parade Day 10 and a Winner!!

Before I get going with my project, I have in my hand the envelope announcing the winner for Best Actress....ooops, sorry, that's next month. But I do have the name of a Random Winner from the posts made over the past three days!!

katy said... I just love this, these would be great to make for my students.March 27, 2009 8:53 PM

Congratulations Katy! You've just won your choice of a Verve stamp set (up to $24 value)!


Now onto the next order of business! It's Laura, and it's my day on the Verve Egg-stra Special Easter Project Parade! I have to say all the projects have been so fun and Easter-y, I've been lovin' every minute of it! Now it's my turn to share! I've had my little project done for a while now, and I'm so glad I finally get to share it! I love cool cards and these little stair step cards are just so cute! I had never done one before, although I loved all the one's that inspired me, so I decided it was time to make and Egg-stra Special Easter card!



I pulled out three sets for this card; Floral Symphony, Miracles Blossom, and of course Chocolate Bunnies! I stamped and coloured in the flowers and bunnies, and arranged them so it would appear as though the bunnies were hiding amongst the flowers. The big "eggs" in the background are cut with oval nestabilities, strategically placed so the sentiment from Chocolate Bunnies will show through.

The front, lower panel is tied with grosgrain ribbon and "Happy Easter" from Chocolate Bunnies is popped up over a pink oval. I stamped an coloured a set of Easter eggs to embellish and that's about all there is!


You can find the instructions for the stair step card here. And just a note, as you are making this type of card, you want to pay attention to the height of the items you attach so that it doesn't go beyond the size of envelope you want to use. My "eggs" ended up being too high, so I'll need to search out a 6"x6" envelope!!


So do you want some new Verve??? Play along with us during our Project Parade for a chance to win a $25 gift certificate to the Verve Stamps store. All you have to do is create an egg-stra special spring project or card and link it up with the Mr. Linky form HERE. Entries will close at 8PM Mountain on Saturday, April 4! Verve Stamps are not required, but we do LOVE to see 'em if you've got 'em!


Have a Happy Tuesday, and we'll see you tomorrow for another Egg-stra Special Easter Project on Parade!

30 comments:

  1. Love these step cards!! This one is SUPER adorable!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love the dimension in this card -how fun it must be to create!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so adorable! The colors are just fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Laura, that is sooooo cute! I just might have to try one of these cards - I've been afraid of them so far :) Love what you've done with the bunnies!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This card is so wonderful. Fabulous job on the mojo sketch.

    It's a good life!
    Terri E.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wowza! What a cool card! Great details!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Laura, this turned out SO adorable! I love how the large eggs look like they form a heart!

    ReplyDelete
  8. The project parade has been so much fun. It's been inspiring every day. Now I have to try a step card.... maybe. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Laura I just love your stair step card. Now I need to make one of these.

    thanks much

    ReplyDelete
  10. I just love these bunny stamps, and the folding of this card. TFS.

    ReplyDelete
  11. That is an adorable Easter card! Now, I wish that I had purchased the Easter greeting!! So many stamps, so little money!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is just fabulous! I love the colours and details.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I thought the bunnies were in a stadium just watching me! lol Oh I love these bunnies of Verve's. Great project!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love this! The colors are amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love stair-step cards, and this one is so cute! Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  16. You are SO talented! I wish I had the time to create something like this. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I don't think I've ever seen a stair step card! I love the great idea's you share here. Very nice!

    ReplyDelete
  18. This card is just toooo adorable. I think I'll have to case it (hope you don't mind)and send it to my grandkids for Easter. Thanks for the inspiration!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. fabulous... I love the stair step cards. I really need to try them out someday as I have the tutorial printed out already. Your card looks so alive and vibrant. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Oh my goodness; I haven't made one of these step cards, but I think this is my all-time favorite.

    You girls are rockin' da house with your parade!!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. {{love}} this! Great job with the layout and colors...makes me wish for Easter! :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. Laura, this is so stinking cute!! I'm going to have to try one of these stair step cards!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Oh this is sooo cute! i've never tried one of these cards before- I'm going to have to give it a whirl!!

    ReplyDelete
  24. This is so cute! I love how you mixed the stamp sets.

    ReplyDelete
  25. What a wonderful card!! Love the colors and those great big Nesties egss!

    ReplyDelete
  26. What a great way to use several stamp sets!

    ReplyDelete