Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Perfectly Pink

When I first saw saw Julee's inspiration photo for this month's Project Parade, I too thought it looked like ice cream! But that's probably because I'm not a coffee drinker...{{{gasp}}}}! I think I just might be the only one left on Planet Earth who isn't a coffee drinker! Regardless if you imagine coffee or ice cream when you see the photo, the colors are scrumptious, aren't they?

I chose to work with two different shades of pink (light and dark), a deep brown, and a tan. I stamped the medallion from Artful Elegance in each color only once (doesn't it seem like more than that when you look at the card?). The secret is that I cut each medallion in half! Before I cut them in half, I matted them with a metallic chocolate brown cardstock. I fiddled and fiddled with the layout of the medallions until I finally came up with something that worked.

The ribbon near the bottom that divides the pink from the brown was actually just a straight piece of pink grosgrain ribbon. I gave it a gathered, frilly look by sewing a straight stitch down the middle of the ribbon with my Janome Sew Mini, and then pulled on one string gathering up the ribbon as I pulled. It really is an easy thing to do. I did my ribbon this way because the whipped cream on the coffees looks all ruffly!

So, do you want to win Verve bucks? Who wouldn't, right? All you have to do to win is upload your project for the project parade on THIS post! You have until September 5th, noon, to upload your card.