Friday, July 18, 2008

ATC Project Parade

When the word got out about the Verve Project Parade for July being ATC's, I was super excited! I don't know why, but I love working on these tiny 2.5" x 3.5" canvases. I love how Shannan turned hers into a card and I will probably do the same later on with this one and make it a cute thank you note for someone. It's actually made entirely from my scraps (got any of those? OH, Lucky you!! Then you can join us in the challenge!). I knew I wanted to use the Petals and Stems set (it's my "go to" set these days!) and this polkadot paper from Basic Grey (Figgy Pudding--haven't you heard of Christmas in July?). So I just stamped the flowers, cut them out and popped them up on dimensionals but didn't adhere them just yet. I then stamped the stems and sentiment from Feeling Groovy (I can hear Tina Turner belting it out--Simply the Best!!), added the paper slices, and sponged the edges for a little vintage shab (is that a word? It is now.). The flowers were attached and the final touches included the little ribbon "leaves" and the cute frosted baubles just for fun (it's all about the fun, you know!) I hope you have a little fun too, and play with us in our Vervy ATC challenge! Here's all the details:

All you have to do to play in this Vervalicious challenge is create your own Artist Trading Card! Leave a comment with a link to your project on this post by 12:00 pm (noon) Eastern Time on July 31st, and you will be entered for a chance to win! Using Verve stamps is not a requirement, although it doubles your chance of winning. We will have two winners, one randomly drawn from a pool of all entries, the other will be selected as our favorite from all the projects using Verve stamps. Both winners will receive $15 in Verve Bucks. We will announce the winners later that day. If you upload to Splitcoast, please use the keyword VVPP04 so we can all see your creations!

10 comments:

  1. Sooooo cute Susan! I'm gonna have my hands full trying keep up with you amazing design divas!

    Hugs,
    Amy

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's adorable..I am trying patiently to wait for that set to come in so I can order it!! Your colors are great too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. great card!!! These little canvases threw me at first. They are SOOOOO small. Fun to work with though!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this, Sus! The colors are delish!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this Susan! The colors are fantastic! You did a wonderful job!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Adorable! Love all the scallops and polka dots!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your card is beautiful Susan. I have never made one before but always wanted to try it. Besides the size, is there anything else I need to know about how to make them? TFS :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Susan The ATC card you made is just so cute. And the colors you used are really different and they look so nice together. I just purchased ATC's so I hope to start playing with them to. I just can't wait to see all the different thing that we will be doing with them. I do have one question do you know if you can mail a ATC card. Is it legal size for the post office?Looking forward to more of your awesome work!
    AnnMarie
    CardsAnnMarie

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am loving these ATC's! Here's mine...
    http://dancerriley.blogspot.com/2008/07/verve-visuals-july-project-parade.html

    Thanks for hosting such a fun challenge!

    ReplyDelete