Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Simple Pleasures

So, are you loving this color challenge? We hope so! We'd LOVE to see your creations using this color combination and who wouldn't want to win $15 in Verve bucks? Be sure and leave a comment linking to your creation on this post before Midnight (Mountain time) on May 31st. If you have any Verve Visual stamps, please use them, but it's not a requirement. The winner will receive a $15 shopping spree at the Verve store. If you upload to Splitcoast, make sure you use the keyword VVPP02 so we can all see your creations!

For my card, I used the butterflies from Fluttering By and Petals & Stems, and a sentiment from Floral Whimsy. The large butterfly was stamped twice, once on the white cardstock and once on vellum. The vellum butterfly is dotted with glitter. Keep checking back for more inspiration from the rest of the Design Team! You won't want to miss Laura's creation tomorrow!


SUPPLIES USED: Stamps- Fluttering By, Floral Whimsy, Petals & Stems (Verve Visual); Paper- So Saffron, Pumpkin Pie, Soft Sky, Regal Rose (SU), white (Georgia-Pacific), patterned (DCWV)vellum; Ink- Onyx Black (Versafine), Pumpkin Pie, Regal Rose, So Saffron (SU); Accessories- Regal Rose wide grosgrain, Dazzling Diamonds glitter (SU), scallop border punch (Martha Stewart)

12 comments:

  1. I am totally in love with this card! You have made me want to try this color challenge now! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This card just makes me happy! I love how the little butterfly pops out of the card - that image is so sweet and when it's 3-D it's even better!! TFS

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is just gorgeous, Charmaine! I love how light and airy that scallop border punch makes the card feel. And it goes perfectly with the polka dots. Fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome Charmaine! I love how lacy the pumpkin looks with the layered punch.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful Charmaine! Love the way you brought these colours together! That butterfly just flutters off the card and that border punch is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am so loving this card! It's so pretty and summery.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am totally loving this butterfly! Gorgeous card!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fabulous card, Charmaine! Love the sweet touch the lacy scallop punch adds. And the vellum wings are so lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Charmaine, this rocks, girlfriend! I am lovin that border punch...

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love this card! The colors are so bright and cheery!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is a real "WOW" card Charmaine! I just adore that punched border, I NEED it! Fabulous job girl!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This card is SO cute! There's so much to look at, and it's all happy! ;)

    ReplyDelete