Friday, May 30, 2008

Looking on the Bright Side...

Have you all linked the project you've made for May's Project Parade Challenge? Don't worry...if you haven't yet, you still have a couple of days! For all the details, see THIS post!

Who wouldn't want $15 of FREE Verve Bucks??



I have a confession to make. I am orange challenged. I like what others do with it...but I can never make it look right. LOL! So, when I sat down to make my card (the colors of this challenge are: So Saffron, Pumpkin Pie, Soft Sky/Bashful Blue, Cameo Coral/Regal Rose with an option of adding Old Olive) I was determined to get that Pumpkin Pie on my card. Well, I never really could make adding the cardstock work. Now, I know what you're thinking..."She didn't follow the rules"!! But, before you go telling on me to Julee (heheee!) I did add some Pumpkin Pie. I'll admit that you might need a magnifying glass to see it...LOL!!!...but it is there! I used a Pumpkin Pie colored Copic marker to color in the butterfly!!

For my neutrals, I chose Chocolate Chip and White. I embossed one of the small flowers from Floral Whimsy in white on all three background panels. I embossed, colored with Copics, and cut out the butterfly (from Fluttering By) and flowers.

Recipe
Stamps: Floral Whimsy, Fluttering By
Paper: Shimmery White c.s., Chocolate Chip, So Saffron, Soft Sky, Cameo Coral (Stampin' Up!)
Ink: Versamark, Chocolate Chip craft ink (Stampin' Up!)
Accessories: White e.p., Clear e.p., Nestabilities (Rectangles & Circles), 5/8" Chocolate grosgrain ribbon, Decorative brad, Aged copper brad, Copic Spica clear glitter pen

7 comments:

  1. I love this card. They all turned out beautiful. Great job design team!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Laurie, this is gorgeous! I'd never have known you were orange challanged as you say...you nailed this CC~

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't "do" orange either. Bleh bleh bleh! LOL! The only time I can do orange is pumpkins for Halloween and Thanksgiving! LOL! LOVE what you did with this!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooo, this is beautiful! I love the chocolate as an accent, just gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Could never tell you think you are orange-challenged. Great card!!

    ReplyDelete