Friday, April 18, 2008

All that beautiful beading!

When I saw the inspiration photos, I knew right away that I wanted to include beads on my card. That's what jumped out at me, all that beautiful beading. So I cut a strip of turquoise card stock and adhered some red line tape. With the red backing still on, I trimmed the card stock. Then adhere your micro beads. Mmmm, what delicious sparkle.

From there I used Thankful Blossoms to stamp a few flowers in caribbean and turquoise, dotting the centers with a gold Spica pen. The butterfly is stamped in turquoise. Then I used the solid leaf image from the same set to add some yellow to the wings. Sketch the butterfly trail lightly with a pencil. Dot along the trail with a turquoise marker. Then erase the pencil line. And with those sunshiney colors, what sentiment could I use other than "you brighten my day" from Thoughtful Florals? The little yellow dots on the scallops are just the leftovers when you punch with the 1/8 inch hole punch. Scallops done with corner rounder (guard removed).

Stamps: Thankful Blossoms and Thoughtful Florals (Verve Visual)
Paper: white (Papertrey Ink); summer sun, tempting turquoise, saffron prints (Stampin' Up!)
Ink: cool caribbean, tempting turquoise, so saffron (Stampin' Up!)
Accessories: gold glitter pen (Spica); corner rounder (EK Success); Terrifically Tacky Tape and clear micro beads (Art Accentz); 1/8 inch hole punch; dimensionals

Now, don't forget, there's $15 in Verve Bucks up for grabs. So get inspired and link your card here, by April 22nd.

5 comments:

  1. Love this card...love the layout and the colors are perfect!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this Bethany! Love the feel and movement...and your beadwork!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just gorgeous, Bethany! LOVE your take on the challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So beautiful!! I love, love those beads!!!

    ReplyDelete