Monday, March 17, 2008

Thanks For Your Kindness

Have you ever wanted to say "Thank You" with a little more than a card? Many times I find myself searching for "just a little something;" however, I don't want that "little" something to take up all afternoon to make. I want to be able to make something in about the same amount of time it would take me to make a nice card. I found the perfect solution with my Cricut and the Verve Visual set, Thankful Blossoms.


This is the nut cup from the Tags, Bags and Boxes cartridge. I made it as large as possible, 5.5" inches. To achieve the scalloped edges at the top, I cut a second nut cup with the Cricut and then cut the top portion off and scalloped the edges with my corner rounder punch. The main image/sentiment panel was stamped with the sentiment "Thanks For Your Kindness" and the small flower is colored with Copics and mounted on a dimensional glue dot. I attached the handle with a little bit of glue and brads. I don't have any one particular to give this to at this time, but I imagine that when I do, I will fill it with some sort of candy or maybe some small bath items.