Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Light


When I first received Verve Visual's new sets, I couldn't decide what to make first. . .a card, a 3D item, a scrapbook page. I found the sentiments in the sets perfect for each of those. This first card uses the Polka Stars set. This is a set of 7 with the uplifting sentiment of "You Light Up My Life". It's perfect for just letting someone know what they mean to you. Being that the 4th of July is my favorite holiday, I used a red, white and blue theme. I thought the "firecracker" theme would work well with the "light up." The paper is from the Daisy Bucket Rock Star Collection.


The second item I chose to create was a candle cover using chipboard coasters and the Swirly Stars set. I covered the punched out star opening with a window sheet and stamped "Let your light" on the window sheet. I stamped the last word of the sentiment, "Shine" on the candle cover. It looks really nice when you light a candle on the inside and it glows behind the sentiment. I also added some punched out stars over the top of the candle. There are so many things you can create with any of these new sets being released on January 10th! Hopefully you've been following this blog and have seen all of the wonderful creations the Design Team has posted so far. Keep coming back, because there's more in store for you!
SUPPLIES USED: Stamps- Swirly Stars, Polka Stars (Verve Visual); Paper- Star Kissed, Rockstar (Daisy Bucket); Ink- Red Brick, Thatched Straw, Night Sky, Wheat, Jumbo Java (VersaMagic); Accessories- rust satin ribbon (May Arts), Navy grosgrain, large star punch, key tag punch, paper piercer, photo corner punch (SU), Bind It All, coasters star brad.