Tuesday, October 9, 2007

Only One More Day...

Have you been enjoying all the gorgeous "Sneak Peek" projects the Verve Visual Design Team have posted over the last several days? Well, only one more day to wait and you will be able to see these two new wonderful sets for yourself!

I love how Seasonal Circles (set of 7) and Winter Wonder (set of 16) can be used alone or together! I used both sets in my Vintage Snowflakes card below. For the main image, I stamped one of the snowflake circles (from Seasonal Circles) onto Vanilla c.s. in Sage Shadow ink. Then, I stamped the Linen background stamp (inked in Creamy Caramel) over that to "age" it a little. I embossed the "Make The Season Bright" sentiment (also from Seasonal Circles) in the center with Ivory embossing powder and then used my Dauber (it's like a little sponge) to add just a hint of Sage Shadow behind it.

For the Sage Shadow layer, I stamped one of the snowflakes from the Winter Wonder set (it matches the snowflakes in the circle!) randomly, all over. I then duplicated the "aged" feel of the circle and stamped the Linen stamp over the snowflakes. I layered them on to a piece of patterned paper (from the Be Good collection by Cosmo Cricket). I have to tell you, I think this is my most favorite Christmas patterned paper....ever! It's heavy weight, double sided, has amazing vintage-like patterns....and the best part is that it will also be available from Verve Visual! This paper is what inspired my whole card. I just loved the soft vintage look of it, and thought by sewing around the edges of the card, stitching through the snowflakes (around the sentiment), and sponging/distressing the edges a bit would add to that "Days gone by" look.

If you haven't already, make sure you check out Kim's post below (she has made a beautiful snowflake card that you won't want to miss)!

Have a wonderful day...and make sure to visit the Verve Visual store tomorrow! ~Laurie

Stamps: Seasonal Circles, Winter Wonder (Verve Visual), Linen (Stampin' Up!) Paper: Very Vanilla, Sage Shadow (Stampin' Up!), Be Good (Cosmo Cricket) Ink: Sage Shadow, Creamy Caramel (Stampin' Up!), Versamark (Tsukineko) Accessories: Ivory e.p., Ivory Buttons, Vanilla 5/8" grosgrain ribbon (Stampin' Up!), Sewing machine, Thread, Coluzzle