Thursday, October 18, 2007

Another Seasonal Circles Project by Shannan Teubner

Lately I have been a fan of using stamps and images for things other that what they were initially designed for. I knew I wanted to do this with the awesome flower from Seasonal Circles, and so this card was born.

The color combo was inspired by an SCS Color Challenge a few weeks ago, which was to use River Rock, Chocolate Chip, and Bayou Blue. I added a little bit of red in there, just cause I wanted to!

I used Pearlized Cream cardstock for my main image. I love that stuff!!! The shimmer is amazing, let me tell ya. I stamped the 3 flowers on the panel, and then stamped them each again on scraps. I cut them out, painted on some Diamond Glaze, and then sprinkled on the glitter. I put a small brad through the center of each flower, and then adhered to the main panel with a Mini Pop Dot.

The stems are from Fancy Florals, and they're stamped in Old Olive. For the greeting, I really didn't want a Holiday greeting, so I chose to ink up just the "Comfort" part of the Comfort and Joy from Winter Wonder with a marker, and stamped it on the corner. You can do this same thing with some of the other sentiments in this set, for example: Joy, Peace, Snow, & Wishes. Those are just a few that come to mind.

I hope you enjoy this card, and hopefully you were inspired to take another look at your stamps using a different perspective. What else could you use them for? Take a good look and try it! You never know what genius will come of it! For more inspiration, stay tuned here for the next few days, and also check out the Verve Gallery for some rockin samples!

Stamps: Winter Wonder, Seasonal Circles, Fancy Florals (Verve Visual)
Paper: Pearlized Cream (Paper Accents), Chocolate Chip, River Rock, Blue Bayou (Stampin Up!)Ink: Ruby Red, Old Olive, Blue Bayou, Chocolate Chip (Stampin! Up)
Accessories: Dark Red Sheer Pinstriped Ribbon (May Arts), Brads (Making Memories), Diamond Glaze (Judikins), Crystal Ultrafine Glitter, Pop Dots, Cuttlebug D'Vine Swirls Folder